Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Commerce   » FOR(D) SALE:   » 1998 Ford Cobra - Crystal White

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: 1998 Ford Cobra - Crystal White
Beasty5.0
¯
Member # 2935

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beasty5.0  Ford pictures for Beasty5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I bought this car about a month ago for a project that I have going, however, I have found something else that I'm going to buy, therefore, this one is up for sale. The car needs only little minor TLC to be in excellent condition in my opinion. Looking to get $7,000 obo

-Approximately 255K miles
-All stock
-Bought from original owner
-Passed smog (Valid for another 50 days)
-Black leather in great condition, interior looks as though it's only in the 100K range (only minor issue is a white stain on the passenger side which can be seen in pictures)
-Front bumper has minor damage on the driver side and minor peeling on the passenger side (both can be seen in the pictures)
-Missing passenger side reflector (don't know if that's the appropriate name, but it can be seen in the pictures)
-Driver side has a key mark (seen on pictures)
-Front lights need to be buffed out unless you want to buy them new

Below are a few pictures, but there are more pictures in this photo album, I will add more pictures this weekend if I have some time:

1998 Ford Cobra - White

-

-

--------------------
1992 Geo Metro, Running 32's in the quarter-mile

Posts: 1055 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Jun 2003  |  :
Beasty5.0
¯
Member # 2935

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beasty5.0  Ford pictures for Beasty5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Forgot to mention it has a clean title.

--------------------

jmcclesk
Member # 1355

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jmcclesk  Ford pictures for jmcclesk    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The 255k milage is that correct???

--------------------
Ford trained ASE master tech.

Posts: 4024 | From: marrysville | Registered: May 2002  |  :
BlowN67
¯
Member # 4229

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlowN67  Ford pictures for BlowN67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i got an mmr motor fo that project if someone is interested

--------------------
AIM gonein67 JOHN
* californiafords.com
* corral.net
* foureyedpride.com
* yellowbullet.com
* theturboforums.com

Posts: 9809 | From: Home of LARD | Registered: Mar 2004  |  :
Beasty5.0
¯
Member # 2935

quote:
Originally posted by jmcclesk:

That's correct. Car runs great. The gentlemen who owned it said he had never gone over 70 mph. When service was needed, it was always done at a dealership.
*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *EPIK*  Ford pictures for *EPIK*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Beasty5.0:
quote:

That's correct. Car runs great. The gentlemen who owned it said he had never gone over 70 mph. When service was needed, it was always done at a dealership.
Not tryin to sound negative, but how does 1 buy a Cobra, & not go over 70 mph???
[Confused]

That is a clean car though, & Im sure alot of those must be highway miles....

--------------------
=91 Notch:12.31@110 **Under Construction**
=05 CTS-V: 418rwhp/393rwtq=13.01@111

http://www.djepikmusic.com

Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

The gentlemen who owned it said he had never gone over 70 mph.
Thanks for repeating that. It makes your level of naiveness similar to the previous owners level of dishonesty...

255K miles, but not one of them above 70. rofl

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
dp

[ March 18, 2008, 10:38 AM: Message edited by: Luke87GT ]

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
omg 255k miles [Eek!] ....I havent even owned a fox that had that many miles on it. Good luck with the sale.
venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for venomous99  Ford pictures for venomous99    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Luke87GT:
quote:
quote:

Thanks for repeating that. It makes your level of naiveness similar to the previous owners level of dishonesty...

255k miles is impressive on a mustang if thats the original drivetrain. u havent seen those seniors driving in the slow lane that make u want to pull your hair out when you're stuck behind them?

--------------------
MKII Q7
89LX

xcessive50
¯
Member # 2995

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for xcessive50  Ford pictures for xcessive50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
come on guys ,anything is possible. I almost crashed my work truck last month whem i saw a 60ish lady driving a perfect titanium 5.0 fox that looked definately garaged and stone stock. She didnt look like she would go over 70 either. probably an aod but i would have bought it on the spot.
Jdub07
( O Y O )
Member # 2728

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jdub07  Ford pictures for Jdub07    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It would take close to 10 years to drive 255,000 miles if you when 70 miles per hour every mile.
Beasty5.0
¯
Member # 2935

quote:
Originally posted by Luke87GT:
quote:
quote:

First, don't post useless comments on my thread, if you're not going to buy the car because then the thread gets cluttered. If you aren't going to buy, then don't post, simple as that. I don't go into your threads and post useless comments.

Second, I don't know whether his statement is true or not, but having a Cobra with that many miles on the original drivetrain without a rebuilt, can sure show support for his statement.

quote:
Originally posted by venomous99:
[QUOTE] 255k miles is impressive on a mustang if thats the original drivetrain. u havent seen those seniors driving in the slow lane that make u want to pull your hair out when you're stuck behind them?

The original owner was an older asian man who bought it new when he lived in Colorado. Then he moved over here and used the car to drive to work everyday from Stockton to Berekley.

The guy took me on a test drive and let me tell you I have never been in a car that had so many people honk for driving slow.

N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I retract my comments.....Carry on, with the sale. I shouldnt litter your thread with national averages and stuff. My apologies.

[ March 18, 2008, 01:29 PM: Message edited by: N8 ]

Beasty5.0
¯
Member # 2935

Any reasonable offer will be considered - going to buy the substitute car this weekend
Pittsburg Mustang Owner
¯
Member # 6100

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pittsburg Mustang Owner  Ford pictures for Pittsburg Mustang Owner    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Jdub07:
It would take close to 10 years to drive 255,000 miles if you when 70 miles per hour every mile.

ummm its a 98....and it is 2008?
Posts: 1019 | From: Pittsburg, CA | Registered: Oct 2005  |  :
Beasty5.0
¯
Member # 2935

alright guys I bought the other car today, this needs to go $6K obo, this is the FMV of the car for fair condition according to KBB, and like I mention before IMO it only needs minor items to be in excellent condition, which is valued at $7,705 [Eek!]
Beasty5.0
¯
Member # 2935

Also forgot to mention yesterday: Started the car yesterday and it appears as though one of the cats is clogged, so it will need a new one. But on what you're saving in price you can buy new exhaust and some clear headlights and you'll have a clean daily driver [patriot]

--------------------

Beasty5.0
¯
Member # 2935

$5,500 need the car gone, have no more use for it
Beasty5.0
¯
Member # 2935

5K firm until summer, then it's Ebay [burnout]
Beasty5.0
¯
Member # 2935

ttt
twins
¯
Member # 5069

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for twins  Ford pictures for twins    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
sent you a pm!
Beasty5.0
¯
Member # 2935

SOLD!!!

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com