Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |

This topic has been moved to General Talk.

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Commerce   » FOR(D) SALE:   » You just never think that.................. (Page 1)

Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: You just never think that..................
HaulinAss Motorsports
Its a STREETRaceCar!
Member # 541

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for HaulinAss Motorsports  Ford pictures for HaulinAss Motorsports    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It would happen to you. We took our 6 month old son in for what we thought was a normal cold/sinus infection. This was a about a week or so ago. Well Friday night the lil guy woke up with a temp of 102 so we immediately called the emergency room and they said that the time there wasn't anything they could do and it would be better to come in the next morning. So we did that and he was again diagnosed with a cold virus and gave him NO MEDICATION but Motrin.....A few hours later the lil guy woke up sticking his tongue out at us and although funny as it looked we knew something wasn't right. We took him to another hospital and again he was sent home with the same diagnosis.......

Half and hour later we took his temp and at 102.9 and climbing needless to say I was at the hospital in less then 3 mins. When we got inside he was immediately admitted and tuned out he had a 103.5 temp..........He was transferred in an ambulance,yeah 6 month old and already rolling in a ambulance [Frown] where he is at now. What was a "simple cold" turned out to be a bacterial blood infection. He will be at the hospital for a minimum of a week up to 2 weeks. It really opens your eyes to shit and makes you realize none of the other shit means anything..... He is very cheerful like he always is and is taking this very well. Which I don't know how considering they have been poking him with needles and testing for all kinds of shit. Tomorrow they will running some rather painful tests to make sure that it isn't Meningitis. From what they are saying everything was caught in time and will be hooked up to an IV with antibiotics the entire time he is here.......Gonna be a long few weeks to come .......

Like I said this dude was born with a happy attitude and even through all of this he still is

Here are a few pics of the lil dude with the hospital standard issues :mrgreen:

-

-

-

and the look he hopefuly doesnt have when he gets older, these are hospital blues [Eek!]

-

Posts: 22472 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :
FriscoNotch
¯
Member # 5916

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FriscoNotch  Ford pictures for FriscoNotch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry to hear. Hope everything turns out for the best for you and your family.

--------------------
'93 SSP 5.0 Police Coupe
'83 GLX 5.0 Coupe
'79 Ghia Coupe

HaulinAss Motorsports
Its a STREETRaceCar!
Member # 541

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for HaulinAss Motorsports  Ford pictures for HaulinAss Motorsports    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
sorry wrong section
Posts: 22472 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :
white1990stang
¯
Member # 2307

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for white1990stang  Ford pictures for white1990stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry to hear about that. Hope everything turns out good.

--------------------
You must be fast, cause I was haullin ass when I passed you.

BlowN67
¯
Member # 4229

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlowN67  Ford pictures for BlowN67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hope all goes well MATT..

I would drop anything an everything for my kids. [patriot]

--------------------
AIM gonein67 JOHN
* californiafords.com
* corral.net
* foureyedpride.com
* yellowbullet.com
* theturboforums.com

Posts: 9809 | From: Home of LARD | Registered: Mar 2004  |  :
*Als50*
¯
Member # 6003

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *Als50*  Ford pictures for *Als50*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well wishes and a speedy recovery to your baby boy Matt! It was caught in time, that's what's important!

--------------------
'00XlRangerSlammed-'91Gt347Turbo-'93CalypsoSCFaleen
FOXLIVESMATTER

----------------
*BlackGunsMatter*

Posts: 1897 | From: La Bahia... | Registered: Sep 2005  |  :
svt306snake
¯
Member # 1967

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for svt306snake  Ford pictures for svt306snake    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
WE GOT YOU IN THE FAMILY PRAYERS MAN. IT WILL ALL TURN OUT OK. JUST BE EASY

--------------------
F*** TPS MOTORSPORTS F *** TPS MOTORSPORTS THEY SUCK ASS

TEAM TRUE FORGED X 2 SPONSORED

CAPITAL MUSTANG C.C.

Posts: 5841 | From: SACRAMENTO "916" YA KNOW | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
Notch1320
Man Pedal
Member # 2647

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Notch1320  Ford pictures for Notch1320    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I had a very similar situation happen to me back in 04. It started out as a sore throat, then became worse, and worse. I went in, and they said I had strep thoat. That night, my throat started to close up! I had to put a towel in my mouth because I couldn't swallow at all, and my throat was hurting like crazy. The Dr. looked at me for about 10 seconds, and said, yep, you have strep throat... nothing more I can do besides what we did yesterday. I almost punched him! I got up, and started to walk out with all the medical gear on and everything... I don't think I have ever been so pissed off. After that, I demanded another Dr. and he gave me a steroid shot, and took some blood as a precaution. Later that night, the new DR. called and said I needed to get in to the ER as soon as possible. I was feeling better because of the sterioids, but he said, if I didn't get in here, he personally would come get me to bring me in. I spent over a week in the hospital because the precautionary blood work showed I had a severe blood bacteria. He said I could have died in a few days because of it.

Wow...that got long. Best of luck with your son man... never take a little cold for granted, especially with kids!

[ December 17, 2007, 11:03 PM: Message edited by: Notch1320 ]

Posts: 2349 | From: Yuba City, CA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  :
Cm4hawks
¯
Member # 5231

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cm4hawks  Ford pictures for Cm4hawks    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Man i hope all goes well i have a new born 6 week old and he already is my world man. GOOD LUCK

--------------------
2007 Ford Expedition
2004 Dodge Ram 2500

Posts: 1818 | From: Pacheco CA | Registered: Jan 2005  |  :
89Rodknocker
CAFords OG
Member # 2951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89Rodknocker  Ford pictures for 89Rodknocker    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We'll say a prayer for you Matt hope all is well. I couldn't imagine what your going through.

--------------------
89 lx (stolen and stripped)
94 gt runner (sold)
89 lx Stock(sold)
86 gt T-trim (sold)
73 Camaro BBC
01 5.0 Explorer limited Borlas (sold)

uh0h50
CAFords OG
Member # 3125

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for uh0h50  Ford pictures for uh0h50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
sorry to hear about your situation man, that sucks. i'm sure the little guy will be alright... i'll keep him in my prayers.

--------------------
AP1 S2000

Posts: 2926 | From: Bay Area 510 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My God man...103? Shit I had a temp that high as a grown man and it almost killed me (walking pneumonia). Literally. The little guy is sturdy (built Ford Tough I guess [Razz] ). Hope all goes well. Good thing you took him in again.
turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for turbo50  Ford pictures for turbo50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry to hear that Matt. I am going through a similar deal right now with my 7 month old. He is on a breathing machine and the wife just took him in today. They sent her to get chest x rays thinking he has pneumonia. They came back negative, now he goes tomorrow. He has a bronchial infection but it is killing me...

I feel for you man. Im there.

--------------------
.........when was the last time YOU built something with YOUR own hands?

I offer quality sidework at reasonable prices. PM ME

Posts: 7606 | From: Discovery Bay, California | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
LS1EATR
¯
Member # 2702

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LS1EATR  Ford pictures for LS1EATR  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
sorry to hear that bro hope everything comes out okay

--------------------
"IF U CAN SEE MY TAIL LIGHTS
U MUST BE DRIVING A "CHEVY"
NORCALSVTOA
A.E.D
98 Cobra BAB SOLD

Posts: 1193 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Apr 2003  |  :
Kaindia50
¯
Member # 5174

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kaindia50  Ford pictures for Kaindia50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
imma pry for the lil man...take it ez bro
racsirx
CAFords OG
Member # 1710

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for racsirx  Ford pictures for racsirx    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry to hear that, I will pray for your Son. I have also been having problems with my 3 year old daughter, she has had 4 seizures in the last 6 weeks.

--------------------
88 Saleen #564
88 GT 331 NOVI2000
88 Coupe TURBO 9.75@142
95 Cobra R #75-SOLD
06 F250
13 BMW AH3
17 GT350 #5556
GOD'S NOT DEAD

Posts: 20750 | From: Concord & Pittsburg, CA | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
95331StrimVert
¯
Member # 6250

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 95331StrimVert  Ford pictures for 95331StrimVert  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What a beautiful little boy. I know all to well how this feels when your little one gets sick. You did the correct thing by sticking to your instincts and getting him back to the hospital. I know it just breaks your heart. My best to you and the family.

95331StrimVert

--------------------
95331StrimVert

Posts: 398 | From: Martinez ca | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
totalkaos92
¯
Member # 5750

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for totalkaos92  Ford pictures for totalkaos92    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
just keep praying and all will be better [patriot]

will put you in my prayers

Posts: 2175 | From: the bay area | Registered: Jun 2005  |  :
Dag302
¯
Member # 4682

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dag302  Ford pictures for Dag302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My thoughts are with you man. I have a 3 yearold and a 6 month old. I dont think I would hold up to well. It will all work out. The importent thing is you got him in there fast.

--------------------
04 Expedition 4X4
93 Cobra #822
96 Cobra

Posts: 2842 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jul 2004  |  :
LQ9SN95
¯
Member # 7080

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LQ9SN95  Ford pictures for LQ9SN95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
sorry to hear that, i know what all that shit is like. parents never thought that it would happen to them either with me and my condition. from the day i was born to now, i've been through hell. needles, ivs, caths, tubes, etc. so i know how it is and its not fun. hope all goes well and ur son get better soon.

--------------------
http://www.fastgms-teamfast.com
http://www.facebook.com/aop.fresno?ref=ts&fref=ts
Lq9 swap
102 fast intake
Trick flow heads
T rex cam

Posts: 8031 | From: Fresno, Ca | Registered: Sep 2006  |  :
WickedStang
¯
Member # 7692

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for WickedStang  Ford pictures for WickedStang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Take care of the little guy.Its this stupid weather man.Everything gonna b ok dont worry...

--------------------
04 mach1 BASSANI EXHAUST/C&L INTAKE
67STANG/CHP 347/BUILT C4/MOROSO DRAG SUSP.

Posts: 1581 | From: salinas831 | Registered: May 2007  |  :
Jdub07
( O Y O )
Member # 2728

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jdub07  Ford pictures for Jdub07    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That is very scary, Meningitis is hella scary, kills fast too glad it isn't that!...as soon as you go to a hospital demand to see the ER Pediatrician otherwise they will just give you to the normal person that is in the ER. The ER Pediatricians will actually give a fuck about your kid.

My son (turned 4 today) when he was about a little over a year old he started crying like mad one day and for 2 days all he would do is cry. We took him to the hospital cause he had a 100.8 temp. The ER doctor was a complete idiot and said our son had Colic. He was well past the normal age of when to even get Colic and sent us home. In about 3 hours he had a 104.3 temp. called the advice nurse and they said to bring him in ASAP. I saw the same ER guy when we were rushed in and said "COLIC HUH MOTHER FUCKER!?!?" He had pneumonia and bacterial blood infection. Colic???? Where the fuck do they find these people. We were treated like idiots on the first trip in...and we waited 5 hours for him to say colic then leave. The whole time we wait our son was screaming.

He has normal asthma now and my daughter just got off a breathing machine with a medicine mist mask thingy.

1990Silver5.0
¯
Member # 6210

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1990Silver5.0  Ford pictures for 1990Silver5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah man sorry to hear that. Hope everything turns out good. My prayers are with you and your family

--------------------
1995 Impala SS
1992 GT Convert. 5.0 auto -sold-
1990 Lx Convert. 5.0(parted)
1992 Lx Hatchback 5.0-sold-:)
1990 5.0 Notchback -SOLD-:(

turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for turbo50  Ford pictures for turbo50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Jdub07:
That is very scary, Meningitis is hella scary, kills fast too glad it isn't that!...as soon as you go to a hospital demand to see the ER Pediatrician otherwise they will just give you to the normal person that is in the ER. The ER Pediatricians will actually give a fuck about your kid.

My son (turned 4 today) when he was about a little over a year old he started crying like mad one day and for 2 days all he would do is cry. We took him to the hospital cause he had a 100.8 temp. The ER doctor was a complete idiot and said our son had Colic. He was well past the normal age of when to even get Colic and sent us home. In about 3 hours he had a 104.3 temp. called the advice nurse and they said to bring him in ASAP. I saw the same ER guy when we were rushed in and said "COLIC HUH MOTHER FUCKER!?!?" He had pneumonia and bacterial blood infection. Colic???? Where the fuck do they find these people. We were treated like idiots on the first trip in...and we waited 5 hours for him to say colic then leave. The whole time we wait our son was screaming.

He has normal asthma now and my daughter just got off a breathing machine with a medicine mist mask thingy.

Man I am going through that same thing right now but my son is 7 months old. He doesnt run a fever but he is on a nebulizer (medicine mist mask thingy) and he acts like he has colic. The ER doesnt always have a pediatrician so and have to call them sometimes....very frustrating and I feel helpless.

--------------------
.........when was the last time YOU built something with YOUR own hands?

I offer quality sidework at reasonable prices. PM ME

Posts: 7606 | From: Discovery Bay, California | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
bigscoop50
¯
Member # 7618

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bigscoop50  Ford pictures for bigscoop50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hope the best for you and your familey

Page: 1  2   
Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com