Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Commerce   » FOR(D) SALE:   » Wanted: 2003-2004 Cobra OEM rims with tires

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Wanted: 2003-2004 Cobra OEM rims with tires
Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
luke87gt@yahoo.com

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
BlowN67
¯
Member # 4229

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlowN67  Ford pictures for BlowN67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
18x9/18x10.5 combo?

--------------------
AIM gonein67 JOHN
* californiafords.com
* corral.net
* foureyedpride.com
* yellowbullet.com
* theturboforums.com

Posts: 9809 | From: Home of LARD | Registered: Mar 2004  |  :
Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
to tell you the truth, I am open to a few different options.

I would like OEM 17x9 03-04 Cobras with stock sized 275 tires at all 4 corners.

I will also entertain DD replicas in 03 cobra, bullitt or fr500

I was originally favoring the Bullitt/FR500 but I saw a pic of a yellow 94-95 with the oem 03-04 cobra machine finish and it complimented the yellow very well. 17's would also keep future tire purchases cheaper

This is going on the yellow sn95 of course.

[ November 22, 2007, 02:21 PM: Message edited by: Luke87GT ]

--------------------
Stangless

BlowN67
¯
Member # 4229

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlowN67  Ford pictures for BlowN67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
265/35/18 nitto555 18x9 fronts
335/35/18 michlen pilot sport rears 03/04cobras

--------------------
AIM gonein67 JOHN
* californiafords.com
* corral.net
* foureyedpride.com
* yellowbullet.com
* theturboforums.com

*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *EPIK*  Ford pictures for *EPIK*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
U should @ the least get a 10" wheel in the rear because of the SN95's narrow rear track....They tend to suck in 9's pretty bad & then it makes the front look like its wider....Either that or run some 9 inch wheels with a 1 inch spacer in the rear....

See how narrow the 9's looked in the back with 275's all around...It was 4x4 at that time too...that was the day i bought it..

-

Why are they so high from the factory...That is ridiculous???

-
Lowered....
 -

[ November 22, 2007, 02:49 PM: Message edited by: EPIKMACH ]

--------------------
=91 Notch:12.31@110 **Under Construction**
=05 CTS-V: 418rwhp/393rwtq=13.01@111

http://www.djepikmusic.com

Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Epic,

Apparently they make them so high from the factory since the ground clearance is gawd-awful.

Ya, if I get the 17x9 03-04 cobra, I would likely use longer studs and run 0.75" spacers.

I have to keep reminding myself however, that the toy is the 93. This 94GT needs to follow function before form since its a daily.

By the way, my car looks significantly lower than yours. I'll try to get some new pics.

What size front tires you using?

--------------------
Stangless

*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *EPIK*  Ford pictures for *EPIK*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Luke87GT:
Epic,

Apparently they make them so high from the factory since the ground clearance is gawd-awful.

Ya, if I get the 17x9 03-04 cobra, I would likely use longer studs and run 0.75" spacers.

I have to keep reminding myself however, that the toy is the 93. This 94GT needs to follow function before form since its a daily.

By the way, my car looks significantly lower than yours. I'll try to get some new pics.

What size front tires you using?

My front tires are 275/40/17...Yeah it doesnt sit quite as low as I want it....I dunno why my H&R supersports look higher than everyone elses, maybe its the brand new Bilsteins & I still have all the Isos in???? I was thinkng about removing all the Isos...If not, then I will try to find some sportlines or sumthin....your car has H&R race springs right??? usually those sit higher than the supersports...Maybe the previous owner cut em???

[ November 22, 2007, 04:00 PM: Message edited by: EPIKMACH ]

--------------------

Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

No, the prev owner didn't cut them because I did just last week [Wink]
It was way too high in the front, so I chopped half a coil off the fronts to level it out. Ride height is just where I want it now, but I just didn't expect ground clearance to be an issue.

Are you using poly isolators? You are right, it does look a little high for SS H&R springs based on what I have seen in the past.

--------------------
Stangless

*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

quote:
It was way too high in the front, so I chopped half a coil off the fronts to level it out. Ride height is just where I want it now, but I just didn't expect ground clearance to be an issue.

Are you using poly isolators? You are right, it does look a little high for SS H&R springs based on what I have seen in the past.

No, Im using stock Isos...I think Im gonna take em out...I also noticed that I need to move some of the spacers for my MM cc plates to the bottom because my strut shafts are too high in the shock towers....I dunno if that can affect ride height though...I think Im gonna remove the isos though & see what that does....

I guess if u compare my before & after pics, it does look like it lowered it the 1.8 inches that H&R claims...still needs to be lower though...

[ November 22, 2007, 04:21 PM: Message edited by: EPIKMACH ]

--------------------

Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

quote:
Originally posted by EPIKMACH:
quote:

No, Im using stock Isos...I think Im gonna take em out...I also noticed that I need to move some of the spacers for my MM cc plates to the bottom because my strut shafts are too high in the shock towers....I dunno if that can affect ride height though...I think Im gonna remove the isos though & see what that does....

I guess if u compare my before & after pics, it does look like it lowered it the 1.8 inches that H&R claims...

Careful removing the isos. There will be increased NVH from the suspension and it will transfer to the rest of the car. I've done it once and just didn't like the added vibration and noise, so I went back. Some people aren't sensitive to it and don't mind however.

Putting more spacers at the bottom of the plate will reduce bump travel. Seeing as how your car is already lowered, AND you are planning on lowering more AND you are planning on putting more spacers under the plate, your bump travel may become extremely low. Generally, the closer you get to bottoming out, the worse the ride quality gets.

One way to check... With the car on the ground, zip off the upper strut nut and press the strut shaft down with a large screwdriver. You want at least ~2" of bump travel to be on the safe side.

Here is a pic:

-

[ November 22, 2007, 05:36 PM: Message edited by: Luke87GT ]

--------------------
Stangless

Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

quote:
Originally posted by BlowN67:
265/35/18 nitto555 18x9 fronts
335/35/18 michlen pilot sport rears 03/04cobras

Sorry John, I didn't even see this post the first time I went thru the thread.

335/35/18 would be very interesting on my 94, lol. You think there is any chance we could stuff that wheel under the rear fender of the 94?You sure those are 335/35 or 335/30?

Are the rear wheels 10 or 10.5?

Front should be no problems.
How much are you asking?

[ November 22, 2007, 04:38 PM: Message edited by: Luke87GT ]

--------------------
Stangless

BlowN67
¯
Member # 4229

ya their 30 series also 10.5 width on the rim. price i dont know. throw me an offer on pm if u like

--------------------
AIM gonein67 JOHN
* californiafords.com
* corral.net
* foureyedpride.com
* yellowbullet.com
* theturboforums.com

97cobravert
¯
Member # 7989

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 97cobravert  Ford pictures for 97cobravert    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i have a set of 03 OEM cobra satin wheels (3 perfect 1 with a little rash), overall great condition though, tires dont have much tread. im asking 400 obo..

let me know if youre interested you can email me anytime at christopher.l.olson@gmail.com

Posts: 29 | From: bay area / 510 | Registered: Oct 2007  |  :
StangSpdstr
¯
Member # 1254

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for StangSpdstr  Ford pictures for StangSpdstr  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i have a set of oem 03s machine finish with tires 60-70 percent tread left. 245s all around asking 500 so i can get another set of rims i found.

--------------------
1997 Rio Red COBRA
FOR SALE :(
40 series flows

Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

ttt
Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

ttt

--------------------
Stangless

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com