Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Commerce   » FOR(D) SALE:   » 1990 supercharged mustang

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: 1990 supercharged mustang
89Rodknocker
CAFords OG
Member # 2951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89Rodknocker  Ford pictures for 89Rodknocker    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/car/334826521.html

My boy just sold the car and told dude it need to be tuned. Well as you can see it wasn't tuned. It was a good car need some work beside the head gaskets.These were the things that needed to be done when he sold it I don't know if the new guy did any of these rebuild the Posi needs rebuild get it tuned. It is also COGGED. Just a heads up.

--------------------
89 lx (stolen and stripped)
94 gt runner (sold)
89 lx Stock(sold)
86 gt T-trim (sold)
73 Camaro BBC
01 5.0 Explorer limited Borlas (sold)

venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for venomous99  Ford pictures for venomous99    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i spoke to him briefly. looks like when he first got the car it started overheating and resulted in a blown head gasket. the tranny was also bad and then replaced with the current tranny. he drove the car untuned over the past months then started having engine problems for whatever reason. he updated his post about a week ago stating that the car had another blown head gasket but prior to this the car would not hold idle. from talking with him, he doesnt have a clue whats going on with the car so who knows what kind of condition the motor is in. it does have a lot of parts and will be a good deal if the motor isnt shot.

--------------------
MKII Q7
89LX

jmcclesk
Member # 1355

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jmcclesk  Ford pictures for jmcclesk    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I also talked with the owner, seems like he drove the car quite a while with blown head gasket. My guess is that the motor is probably shot.

--------------------
Ford trained ASE master tech.

Posts: 4024 | From: marrysville | Registered: May 2002  |  :
95331StrimVert
¯
Member # 6250

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 95331StrimVert  Ford pictures for 95331StrimVert  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The car is worth the price in parts alone..

--------------------
95331StrimVert

Posts: 398 | From: Martinez ca | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
BLK02GT
¯
Member # 5653

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BLK02GT  Ford pictures for BLK02GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i thought he originally sold it for 5000?

--------------------
2019 Ford Expedition Limited
2002 Ford Mustang GT

Originally Member #4241

Posts: 1247 | From: Tracy, ca | Registered: May 2005  |  :
turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for turbo50  Ford pictures for turbo50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
How well do vortechs hold up being driven with milkshake oil???

--------------------
.........when was the last time YOU built something with YOUR own hands?

I offer quality sidework at reasonable prices. PM ME

Posts: 7606 | From: Discovery Bay, California | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
89Rodknocker
CAFords OG
Member # 2951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89Rodknocker  Ford pictures for 89Rodknocker    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Whats funny is he said it over heated from day one thats bull shit. I personally rode in the car and had it at my house idling for atleast 20 minutes if not more when we were just shotting the shi*^. It a good car. Were thinking about buying it back and fixing it.

--------------------
89 lx (stolen and stripped)
94 gt runner (sold)
89 lx Stock(sold)
86 gt T-trim (sold)
73 Camaro BBC
01 5.0 Explorer limited Borlas (sold)

88DroptopGT
¯
Member # 2535

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 88DroptopGT  Ford pictures for 88DroptopGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I swear I saw that car getting worked on @ Tommy's auto awhile ago. Had the oil pan off.

If it's the same car, it looked nice on the lift...

Jdub07
( O Y O )
Member # 2728

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jdub07  Ford pictures for Jdub07    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
so sad...all that put into the car and never took the time and money to just get a tune? Pretty car though. I wouldn't buy it though even for parts. Mystery motors scare me. If it had black interior though that might be a different story.

good luck to the seller and buyer [patriot]

venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for venomous99  Ford pictures for venomous99    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
it was tempting but after speaking to the guy, who doesnt know much about whats going on with the car i decided it may not be worth while.
driving it untuned for those several months and the fact that its blown a head gasket twice worries me. who knows how responsible the guy was owning the car.
car does look good in the pics and would be a steal if its just a headgasket that needs replacing. it has nice cobra brakes but still runs the drums in the back and stock mc and booster

[ May 24, 2007, 05:30 PM: Message edited by: venomous99 ]

--------------------
MKII Q7
89LX

RUNNER
¯
Member # 7232

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RUNNER  Ford pictures for RUNNER    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
temporary gasket seal would let it idle for 20 min, shizz might even run for a couple days aslong as the proper flushes were made....4 da quick sale........i got 5 5.0 4 sale
Posts: 88 | From: CALIFOoNiAA | Registered: Nov 2006  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com