Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Commerce   » FOR(D) SALE:   » 1989 Saleen clone 5800

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: 1989 Saleen clone 5800
d50guru
¯
Member # 1040

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for d50guru  Ford pictures for d50guru    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
very clean orignal only mod is a set of flowmasters car is in Bakersfield thanks Damian 661-703-8468 http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/car/263227572.html
asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for asskickn88  Ford pictures for asskickn88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Why would Saleen build a clone?

--------------------
Three 540 Bimmers and a 5.0 Explorer.... got a Ford back in the stable!

It's time for the country to do what Obama's own father did.
Abandon him.

Posts: 6069 | From: Rocklin, Ca | Registered: Oct 2004  |  :
5.t0es
¯
Member # 5864

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5.t0es  Ford pictures for 5.t0es    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by asskickn88:
Why would Saleen build a clone?

[patriot]
CornOil_&_Boost
¯
Member # 5888

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CornOil_&_Boost  Ford pictures for CornOil_&_Boost    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
hmmm...still looks a like good car...and at least the guy is stating it's a clone with price for a clone....so I don't see what the problem is...good luck with the sale..

--------------------
https://www.facebook.com/pushrodpoweredmustangs
'95 Cobra - small engine / small turbo -
'02 Excursion 7.3 - tow vehicle
'14 - Chevy Volt - DD

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It's a nice car for a nice price, I'm just curious as well as to why Saleen, THEMSELVES, would build a "clone."

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for venomous99  Ford pictures for venomous99    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
u can pay saleen to convert any mustang to look like a saleen but that comes at a premium. of course it would be considered a clone and not real because it was not part of production builds. i think thats what he meant

--------------------
MKII Q7
89LX

N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
How does one prove it was built by the factory? And what advantage does that have over a garage build? Still a fair price tho, just asking.
asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for asskickn88  Ford pictures for asskickn88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm not saying that its not a nice car, just wondering why Saleen would build a clone of their own car. I do remember hearing years ago that you could take a car to them for the conversion but I thought you would get a number if you did that. Either way it looks clean, makes me miss my 89.

--------------------
Three 540 Bimmers and a 5.0 Explorer.... got a Ford back in the stable!

It's time for the country to do what Obama's own father did.
Abandon him.

Posts: 6069 | From: Rocklin, Ca | Registered: Oct 2004  |  :
92stangLX
¯
Member # 3252

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92stangLX  Ford pictures for 92stangLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Clean car [patriot]
Posts: 5302 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Sep 2003  |  :
Stangs R Us
¯
Member # 4495

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stangs R Us  Ford pictures for Stangs R Us    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
that car is sweet it makes me want my 88' back
Posts: 3100 | From: sacramento | Registered: Aug 2005  |  :
d50guru
¯
Member # 1040

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for d50guru  Ford pictures for d50guru    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
saleen would only number the cars before they were sold this car was taken to saleen after it was bought i stated thats rare because it has the whole conversion front and rear seats,suspension,4wdb,ground effects and the momo steering wheel and cruise control not just the groung effects like 99% of the so called clones there is only 2 things that would give it away that it was not an orignal dose not have the saleen speedo and the #tag
d50guru
¯
Member # 1040

quote:
Originally posted by venomous99:
u can pay saleen to convert any mustang to look like a saleen but that comes at a premium. of course it would be considered a clone and not real because it was not part of production builds. i think thats what he meant

thats exactly what i ment
Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
"Why would Saleen build a clone?"

Why wouldn't they?
If you drove over to Irvine, CA with cash in hand why wouldn't Saleen take care of you? Lots of Saleen's revenue comes from selling/installing individual components. This is no different.

Luke

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com