Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Commerce   » FOR(D) SALE:   » WTB Oliver Billet Rods

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: WTB Oliver Billet Rods
truthseeker
¯
Member # 4636

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for truthseeker  Ford pictures for truthseeker    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Part number F5933MOD8. Send me a price. Thanks!

--------------------
1998 SVT Cobra Convertible | VT Cobra Billet Shortblock | T56 Tranny with Viper 5th and 6th | #3425 of 3480 | 17x9 + 17x11 CCW Classic's | 4.10 gears

Posts: 226 | From: Elk Grove, CA | Registered: Jun 2004  |  :
HaulinAss Motorsports
Its a STREETRaceCar!
Member # 541

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for HaulinAss Motorsports  Ford pictures for HaulinAss Motorsports    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
This board is prolly not the best place to find these.Try calling Angies over at Daves Engine Machine.She "should" be able to get those for you

Daves Engine Machine

510-797-9536

[ November 28, 2006, 06:30 PM: Message edited by: HaulinAssMaro ]

Posts: 22469 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :
truthseeker
¯
Member # 4636

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for truthseeker  Ford pictures for truthseeker    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thanks, I will try there. The reason that no one has them is Oliver is re-designing these rods and they won't have any until "sometime in January when re-tooling is complete". My engine is sitting at VT engines waiting for rods. I will probably just have them install the Manley Billet I-beam rods since they cost the same as the Olivers. Thanks!

--------------------
1998 SVT Cobra Convertible | VT Cobra Billet Shortblock | T56 Tranny with Viper 5th and 6th | #3425 of 3480 | 17x9 + 17x11 CCW Classic's | 4.10 gears

93PONY
Mr. Valve Events
Member # 60

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93PONY  Ford pictures for 93PONY        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by truthseeker:
Thanks, I will try there. The reason that no one has them is Oliver is re-designing these rods and they won't have any until "sometime in January when re-tooling is complete". My engine is sitting at VT engines waiting for rods. I will probably just have them install the Manley Billet I-beam rods since they cost the same as the Olivers. Thanks!

Crower also makes a billet piece for the 4.6. (5.933 with a .866 pin)
Although I don't know why you need billet....unless you're going for over 1000RWHP. We've got an 1100hp combo in the works that we're using custom Oliver Billets on, but anything up to 800RWHP will be fine with most 4340 'H' or 'I' beams. Hell, my parts supplier swears that the standard Manley 'H' that comes in the 03/04 Cobras is good for over 1000hp. & if a 4340 'H' can handle that much....a 4340 'I' can handle more.

--------------------
www.advancedenginedevelopment.com
SCT dealer
Dynotuning

(916)715-7569

Posts: 4265 | From: Fair Oaks, CA | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :
truthseeker
¯
Member # 4636

The reason I am going to use billet I beam rods is that I have the money and I want to make my bottom end bullet proof.

--------------------

93PONY
Mr. Valve Events
Member # 60

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93PONY  Ford pictures for 93PONY        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by truthseeker:
The reason I am going to use billet I beam rods is that I have the money and I want to make my bottom end bullet proof.

Did you buy a billet crankshaft as well?

--------------------
SCT dealer
Dynotuning

(916)715-7569

truthseeker
¯
Member # 4636

No, just using the Cobra forged crank. I probably will never put the money or time in to make enough horsepower to stress the rods or crank, but it is good insurance knowing that I will not have to worry about the shortblock. Also, if I ever sell the car it will be a good selling point for someone that would like to stress the components to those power levels.

--------------------

93PONY
Mr. Valve Events
Member # 60

Yeah, the cobra crank has been pushed past 1000hp.
Due to the $2500 pricetag on a billet crank, we opted to use a stocker as well.

--------------------
SCT dealer
Dynotuning

(916)715-7569

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com