Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Events/Shows/Cruises   » Mustang 50th Birthday Bash, Vegas 4/16-20/14

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Mustang 50th Birthday Bash, Vegas 4/16-20/14
QuarterHorse'93'
¯
Member # 11882

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for QuarterHorse'93'  Ford pictures for QuarterHorse'93'    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Bay Area Mustang Association shared a link.

Just a reminder that the Mustang 50th Birthday Celebration in Las Vegas and North Carolina starts Wednesday April 16th thru Sunday April 20th 2014. Registration closes March 1st so you need to register now at http://www.mustang50thbirthday...See More

Mustang 50th Birthday Celebration - April 17, 2014
www.mustang50thbirthdaycelebration.com

Bay Area Mustang Association BAMA has 2 group cruises being planned for the drive to Las Vegas. A 2 day with a night stay in Barstow leaving Tuesday 15th & a 1 day straight through leaving early Wednesday 16th. They're saying Once in a lifetime event Mustang friends. All are welcome to join either group.

I copied this from my clubs fb page. In case any of you are interested.

[ 2014-01-11, 05:37 PM: Message edited by: QuarterHorse / Slick ]

--------------------
Facebook.com/bayareamustangassociation
BayAreaMustangAssociation.com -BAMA
Mustang Club of America-MCA
65 Coupe-QuarterHorse
04 Azure Blue Mach1

Posts: 167 | From: 510-East Bay | Registered: Apr 2012  |  :
Secnd2nun64
¯
Member # 1431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Secnd2nun64  Ford pictures for Secnd2nun64    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I want to go to this, I just can't decide to either drive the mustang, trailer it or fly up there instead. 500 miles each way is a long drive in a 50 year old car! [burnout]
Impact 5.0
¯
Member # 2805

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Impact 5.0  Ford pictures for Impact 5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
We are heading up. Planning on staying all week. Will prob trailer it out.
Posts: 2173 | From: Tracy, CA | Registered: May 2003  |  :
CRS24WILSON
¯
Member # 9979

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CRS24WILSON  Ford pictures for CRS24WILSON    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
My friend and I will be driving our classic mustangs out there. it will definitely be a long drive as he is just building his 427 stroker.. haha perfect commuter.
Anyways, if there are any other people that wanna drive out there we should get a group together. Again, this will not be a normal 7 hour drive to vegas. we will be making a lot of pit stops because we are all driving 50 year old cars [Razz]

Posts: 245 | From: SAN JOSE, CA | Registered: May 2010  |  :
Smackz510
Member # 13308

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Smackz510  Ford pictures for Smackz510    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Where are people leaving from ? N the bay I wanna go str8 out there no stop

--------------------
Justin t

QuarterHorse'93'
¯
Member # 11882

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for QuarterHorse'93'  Ford pictures for QuarterHorse'93'    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
BAMA will be Meeting in Castro Valley (Center St. Park n Ride) & Tracy ?(Grant Line & 205 Shell gas station?). We have groups leaving the 15th to drive straight through or stay in Barstow a night. And a group leaving the 16th driving straight there. Departure times are still being worked out. Most are staying at the Mandalay Bay, Luxor & Excalibur.

This is some of my last BAMA email FYI
Hi All.  I am emailing everyone who has let Wayne or I know that you are interested in or are attending the 50th Birthday Celebration in Las Vegas..
Right now we have two groups leaving for Las Vegas, one on the 15th and one on the 16th
The group leaving on the 15th will be spending the night in Barstow. The group leaving early on the 16th will be driving straight through to Las Vegas.
The 50th website has a few new items scheduled.
1)    On April 17th (Thursday Night) There will be a Mustang Birthday Party at the Bridge at New York New York from 7 PM to 10PM The cost is $75 per person (Food and CASH Bar Available)
2)   Shelby American Private GALA is on April 18th at a price of $75 per person (Food and CASH Bar Available)
3)   There will be Transportation to and from the speedway.  A shuttle will leave from the Excalibur/Luxor Bus Parking Area  as follows:
Thursday 17th 8 AM to 6PM
 Friday 18th 8AM to 6 PM
Saturday 19th 8AM to 6 PM
Sunday 20th 8AM to 4 PM
The price is $25 per day per person
4)   Remember registration closes on March 1st  and you can find more information on everything I listed at www.mustang50thbirthdaycelebration.com
5)   I have emailed Ron Bramlett with a couple of questions but have not heard back yet.
a.    What does the $75 per person Birthday Party include?
b.    What time is parking open on Thursday ?
c.    What time does trailer parking open also?

[ 2014-02-01, 08:47 PM: Message edited by: QuarterHorse / Slick ]

--------------------
65 Coupe-QuarterHorse
04 Azure Blue Mach1

1SIK03
¯
Member # 8996

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1SIK03  Ford pictures for 1SIK03    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Are there any hotel everyone going to stay at?

--------------------
06 Torch Red GT TOTALED
07 Blue/White Gsxr 600 SOLD
2003 redFire Cobra

Impact 5.0
¯
Member # 2805

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Impact 5.0  Ford pictures for Impact 5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The whole strip is going to be full that week because of the event. Check the link posted above. It will list the sponsored hotels. Also I checked and you will be able to store your trailers at the speedway during this event.
Posts: 2173 | From: Tracy, CA | Registered: May 2003  |  :
QuarterHorse'93'
¯
Member # 11882

Hotel most will be staying at is the Mandalay Bay. A few of us are saving a few bucks over at the Excalibur.

We (BAMA) have 20-24 cars going of all years. A couple being trailered, most being driven.
A. Group leaves the 15th roughly after breakfast 10:? To stay in Barstow for a night. The Oldschool group. I'm riding in this group with my NewEdge. I hear some cool rest stops along the way my be planned? Hotel for the 15th in Barstow will be the Quality Inn. Ask to be in the back with the Mustang Group.
B. This group will be leaving early morning the 16th to drive straight to the speedway. Minimal stops.

I'll hope to have where we're leaving from (Castro Valley/Tracy?) & times soon. We have another meeting tonight so I'll ask again. Maybe we can work out a Highway 5 meet for the south Bay guys?
It would be great to get more of us together for this.

--------------------
65 Coupe-QuarterHorse
04 Azure Blue Mach1

QuarterHorse'93'
¯
Member # 11882

quote:
Originally posted by Impact 5.0:
We are heading up. Planning on staying all week. Will prob trailer it out.

Maybe we can get our groups together for a lil socializing? It'll be good to see you & that bad ass Mustang. Should be a good event.

--------------------
65 Coupe-QuarterHorse
04 Azure Blue Mach1

93ReefBlue5.0
¯
Member # 5780

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93ReefBlue5.0  Ford pictures for 93ReefBlue5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i'll be heading out from sacramento early thursday. don't have many vacation days to use..
Posts: 1535 | From: Sacramento, CA | Registered: Jun 2005  |  :
KevinK
Tech Mod
Member # 9234

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for KevinK  Ford pictures for KevinK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
We will be trailering the 88 ASC from the peninsula, leaving sometime in the afternoon of the 15th. Driving straight thru.
Posts: 196 | From: San Mateo, CA | Registered: Jun 2009  |  :
QuarterHorse'93'
¯
Member # 11882

I got all sorts of info on the event including an Official Event Guide. All sorts of stuff to do at $75. Bucks a person, lol. I'll be missing most of those. I might be doing the Banquet dinner Saturday night with the rest of our group though, also $75. a person. It's about five days worth of multiple things to do.

Our BAMA scheduled 15th cruise.
Meeting at the Park n Ride in Castro Valley at 9:30am. Then the Tracy 580/5 Split at the Unocal gas station 10:30ish
Staying in Barstow for the night & a Mexican dinner.
Join us for some fun..

[ 2014-03-11, 01:04 AM: Message edited by: QuarterHorse / Slick ]

--------------------
65 Coupe-QuarterHorse
04 Azure Blue Mach1

Sarge
¯
Member # 11562

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarge  Ford pictures for Sarge  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I might leave for this friday night 4-18-14 from Sacramento if anyone wants to group up and cruise together

--------------------
HP 05 Stang GT with *your signiture is too long* worth of mods...
Sincerely, Sarge

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com