Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Events/Shows/Cruises   » Dyno Day

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Dyno Day
Throttle Stop
¯
Member # 5515

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Throttle Stop  Ford pictures for Throttle Stop  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey all

We are supposed to be having a dyno day with SacStangs.com, but there's something wrong with their website. We're not sure if they're still planning on doing it, so we're going to open it up to Ca Fords.

On Feb 25, for 3 pulls with A/F, HP, and Torque printout, $60.00. NO TUNING.

If anyone knows what's happening with SacStangs, like if they're still planning on this, or what's going on, please let us know. Also, if you want to get in on this dyno day, post up here and we'll get you taken care of. Or, you can call us at: The Throttle Stop, 1200 Plumber Way, Roseville, Ca. (916) 780-4646.

Thanks

Posts: 110 | From: Roseville, Ca. | Registered: Mar 2005  |  :
JohnB
Tech Moderator
Member # 969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnB  Ford pictures for JohnB    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Count me in. I'll bring one, if not two cars.

--------------------
1965 Shelby Cobra
1993 Cobra
2012 F150 Raptor
2020 GT500

Posts: 6523 | From: Orlando FL/Redding CA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50 Deep  Ford pictures for 50 Deep  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
hey man i will definitely be there. Im either going to bring out my86 t-top or my 96 cobra so mark me down. Is there any way i can get a time slot? can you pm me the address and such. thanks

--------------------
Signature Wheel Ford Representative
Email: Terrance@Signaturewheel.com
Instagram: @Signature_Wheel_Mustang
Web: www.SignatureWheel.com

Posts: 6043 | From: sacramento | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
CornOil_&_Boost
¯
Member # 5888

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CornOil_&_Boost  Ford pictures for CornOil_&_Boost    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Throttle Stop:
Hey all

We are supposed to be having a dyno day with SacStangs.com, but there's something wrong with their website. We're not sure if they're still planning on doing it, so we're going to open it up to Ca Fords.

On Feb 25, for 3 pulls with A/F, HP, and Torque printout, $60.00. NO TUNING.

If anyone knows what's happening with SacStangs, like if they're still planning on this, or what's going on, please let us know. Also, if you want to get in on this dyno day, post up here and we'll get you taken care of. Or, you can call us at: The Throttle Stop, 1200 Plumber Way, Roseville, Ca. (916) 780-4646.

Thanks

we're still planning on going to the dyno day...we have a good group signed up so far...

here is the temporary URL for the site

http://63.247.78.250/~sacstang/forum/

--------------------
https://www.facebook.com/pushrodpoweredmustangs
'95 Cobra - small engine / small turbo -
'02 Excursion 7.3 - tow vehicle
'14 - Chevy Volt - DD

Throttle Stop
¯
Member # 5515

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Throttle Stop  Ford pictures for Throttle Stop  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thanks, Jordan. We wern't sure what happened and didn't know if the site had gone the way of the Do-Do bird or what. So, we'll be ready starting at 8:00, first come, first served, and we'll run till we get them all done.
cummins
¯
Member # 5931

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cummins  Ford pictures for cummins    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What type of dyno and how much hp can it handle? I'd hate to go all the way up there from Fremont only to find that I'd max out the dyno and not get any numbers.

--------------------
Your definitely jealous of my strength and brains. - 68_427_Fastback

Cummins looks like the Wendy's girl......without the pig tails. - JT

Posts: 3441 | From: The Rice Fields | Registered: Aug 2005  |  :
Throttle Stop
¯
Member # 5515

We have a Dynojet that can handle 1000 hp.
stangboi
¯
Member # 6315

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangboi  Ford pictures for stangboi    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
can you guys dyno my f350 diesel? and whats on the printout?
Throttle Stop
¯
Member # 5515

Unfortunately, we don't have the adapter to do a diesel, no way to get rpm readings.

Our printout gives hp, torque, and A/F.

cummins
¯
Member # 5931

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cummins  Ford pictures for cummins    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
So how was the dyno day? What were the hp numbers and cars?

--------------------

Throttle Stop
¯
Member # 5515

We had a great day. 22 cars, and the highest number went to Mike "Chini" with an 03 Cobra with a Whipple that put out 565hp. Can't remember what torque was.

We had a '72(?) Camaro with a big block, 8-71 blower, NOS, and 2 Demons that shreded his tires (slicks couldn't expand), but he was cool. He wanted to try again after he had replaced the tires, but I didn't want to take the chance.

A big thanks to everyone that came out, and we'll be doing this again, everyone seemed to have a great time.

cummins
¯
Member # 5931

Sounds like fun too bad you are about 3 hours away it was just a little too far to make the trip. 22 cars is a lot! I wish I could have made it I love dyno events. Did JohnB bring a few cars?

--------------------

JohnB
Tech Moderator
Member # 969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnB  Ford pictures for JohnB    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by cummins:
Did JohnB bring a few cars?

No, I did not. My Mach clone is still in the shop, my Cobra was in the garage, and the L had a trailer hooked up to it with a boardmembers car on it, waiting to be picked up. It was a busy weekend for me. [Frown]

--------------------
1965 Shelby Cobra
1993 Cobra
2012 F150 Raptor
2020 GT500

cummins
¯
Member # 5931

awwww man. I wanted to see how much hp your cobra makes. With traps of 139 you must be around 700?

--------------------

JohnB
Tech Moderator
Member # 969

715hp/744tq was the last pull I've done. 8-9psi and a 35hp nitrous shot.

--------------------
1965 Shelby Cobra
1993 Cobra
2012 F150 Raptor
2020 GT500

cummins
¯
Member # 5931

Hey looks like I'm a good guesser. Nice numbers over 700s for both is damn good very impressive!

--------------------

RixSikCobra
¯
Member # 5058

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RixSikCobra  Ford pictures for RixSikCobra  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by JohnB:

[Eek!] off the hook. [patriot]

--------------------
2004 Terminator
Torch Red Vert
Built,Ported,Cammed,Juiced

Posts: 2120 | From: Pleasanton | Registered: Nov 2004  |  :
Hyperider
¯
Member # 5936

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hyperider  Ford pictures for Hyperider    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by JohnB:

Bad ass numbers! Makes my 401hp sounds weak. [patriot]

--------------------
04 Cobra

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com