Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Events/Shows/Cruises   » Cruise to Caste Air Museum

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Cruise to Caste Air Museum
Throttle Stop
¯
Member # 5515

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Throttle Stop  Ford pictures for Throttle Stop  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The Throttle Stop and Elk Grove Mustangs are having a cruise this Saturday, Sept 17, starting at Elk Grove Ford at 8:00am and ending at the Castle Air Museum in Atwater (near Merced). We'll be stopping (at about 9:00) at Yosemite Ave (hwy 120) and Hwy 99 (Starbucks)to meet up with the folks coming over from the bay area. We'll arrive at Castle around 10. There's an admission fee of $8.00. This is one of the premier aircraft museums on the west coast, as they have about 45 aircraft, mostly U.S. Air Force, with some Canadian and British, from pre-WWII thru Desert Storm.

If anyone's interested, just show up at the meeting spots. I believe in keeping it simple.

Posts: 110 | From: Roseville, Ca. | Registered: Mar 2005  |  :
1GT2NV
¯
Member # 5691

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1GT2NV  Ford pictures for 1GT2NV    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
So about how many do you think will be showing up. I live in Modesto and if I can get the day off I'll see you guys at Starbucks.

--------------------
2005 Mustang GT W/V BLUE

Posts: 27 | From: Ceres/Modesto | Registered: May 2005  |  :
Throttle Stop
¯
Member # 5515

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Throttle Stop  Ford pictures for Throttle Stop  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm guessing about 6 or so cars. Come on down and join us. We'll be at Starbucks around 9ish and would like to have you along.
Posts: 110 | From: Roseville, Ca. | Registered: Mar 2005  |  :
BlueOvalRacing
¯
Member # 1531

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlueOvalRacing  Ford pictures for BlueOvalRacing    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You guys should skip the Castle run and head to Reno for the air races on Sunday. Seeing P51's and Bearcats race wingtip to wingtip at 500+ mph is more fun than static displays, IMO. (and there are static displays there also)
1GT2NV
¯
Member # 5691

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for 1GT2NV  Ford pictures for 1GT2NV    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Got the day off so looks like I'll be seeing you at Starbucks. Trying to get a few other locals to tag along. later
ernie

--------------------
2005 Mustang GT W/V BLUE

Posts: 27 | From: Ceres/Modesto | Registered: May 2005  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com