Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Events/Shows/Cruises   » Cobra Dyno War Day (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Cobra Dyno War Day
Throttle Stop
¯
Member # 5515

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Throttle Stop  Ford pictures for Throttle Stop  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well, seeing as I didn't get a reply from LS1.com about posting a F-body/Mustang dyno day, why not change a little.

We're going to do a Cobra Dyno War on 9 Jul. Any car with a Cobra motor (any year) is welcome. The entry fee will be 65.00 and that'll get 3 pulls with A/F. No tuning. The winner will be the most horsepower/ torque and the best A/F ratio depending on induction (forced=11.8:1, N/A= 13.0:1). The winner will receive a FREE oil change with Royal Purple and a Motorcraft filter. We have 20 spots available and when you call to get on the list, we'll have a set time for you. We're going to start at 8:00 a.m. SHARP and go until all the cars are done. At 12:00 we'll stop and have burgers and such, than back at it.

Give us a call at (916) 780-4646 to get on this. We're in Roseville, off of Roseville Pkwy and Taylor at The Throttle Stop!

Posts: 110 | From: Roseville, Ca. | Registered: Mar 2005  |  :
Throttle Stop
¯
Member # 5515

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Throttle Stop  Ford pictures for Throttle Stop  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sorry, I forgot to mention this, but the date will be Jul 9th, 2005.
Throttle Stop
¯
Member # 5515

I finally got to be able to post on NorCal LS1's and they seem receptive to a dyno contest. How would everyone feel about a Ford vs. GM day, instead? We're able to change easily!

Comon guys, let's get some cars that can kick GM's tails!

351c.i.d
¯
Member # 2959

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 351c.i.d  Ford pictures for 351c.i.d    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
No interest in this guys/gals? It would be pretty cool to whoop up on some GM competition dyno wise.
We had Z-28 at our last dyno day that was talking a wee-bit of smack about how much he was gonna put down and how our motors weren't good enough for him.
Needless to say he only put down 280 rwhp/tq WITH a tune. The look on his face was priceless.

I'm sure some of you guys with those monsters lurking under the hood would like to come on out and show 'em whats up. [Big Grin]

351c.i.d
¯
Member # 2959

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 351c.i.d  Ford pictures for 351c.i.d    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Where's JohnB with his monster? From what he's told me that thing is gonna be a bad mutha.
jordan0806
unregistered

Ford Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
does it have to be a cobra?....i have a friend with a 95 gt...needless to say 331, 24psi of ATI D2R......ummm can you say near 1000 to RW?
:
351c.i.d
¯
Member # 2959

Nope, this is gonna be a straight up ford vs. gm day, so tell him to bring it on down.
Just be careful, our dyno is only good to 1000hp [Eek!]

jordan0806
unregistered

Ford Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
post it on sacstangs.com...people love dyno days there
:
Impact 5.0
¯
Member # 2805

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Impact 5.0  Ford pictures for Impact 5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I would of thought about it but sucks working Saturdays!
Posts: 2173 | From: Tracy, CA | Registered: May 2003  |  :
JohnB
Tech Moderator
Member # 969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnB  Ford pictures for JohnB    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Does it cost anything to hold a spot? I'm going to put the engine together this weekend. I'm not opposed to giving it 50 street miles, throwing it on the trailer and draggin' it up to the dyno. Let me know. [Wink]

--------------------
1965 Shelby Cobra
1993 Cobra
2012 F150 Raptor
2020 GT500

Posts: 6523 | From: Orlando FL/Redding CA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
Throttle Stop
¯
Member # 5515

John

If you want a spot, give us a shout and we'll put your name on the list.

By the way, I've posted an "intrest" item on norcalls1.com and they'd love to "kick some Ford tail" with their super powerful GM's.

JohnB
Tech Moderator
Member # 969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnB  Ford pictures for JohnB    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ya, put me down for a spot. [Smile]

"Kick some tail"? We'll see. [Wink]

--------------------
1965 Shelby Cobra
1993 Cobra
2012 F150 Raptor
2020 GT500

Throttle Stop
¯
Member # 5515

OK, for everyone that wants to "Kick some GM tail", call us and set up a time. We'll be having appointments at 1/2 hour intervals (+/- 15 minutes), so when you call, let us know what time slot you want.
351c.i.d
¯
Member # 2959

Atta boy John. Bring it up and lets flog on the dyno. You're sticking the juice back on it right?
JohnB
Tech Moderator
Member # 969

Yup, juice-n-boost is on the menu. I'll be pushing it though, I was mocking up the new block this afternoon...ya, wrong rods. Gotta love it. [Mad]

--------------------
1965 Shelby Cobra
1993 Cobra
2012 F150 Raptor
2020 GT500

351c.i.d
¯
Member # 2959

mmmmm Juice and boost. Sounds tasty. I'll have that.
94gt
¯
Member # 3060

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94gt  Ford pictures for 94gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by JohnB:
Yup, juice-n-boost is on the menu. I'll be pushing it though, I was mocking up the new block this afternoon...ya, wrong rods. Gotta love it. [Mad]

[Frown]

--------------------
2020 Explorer ST
2011 Silver Raptor 'Screw

Posts: 5777 | From: Beavercreek, OH | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
03SVTPower
CAFords OG
Member # 518

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 03SVTPower  Ford pictures for 03SVTPower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
My car is not worthy, although it will be done by then! [Big Grin]

--------------------
2003 Redfire "AED" Cobra R.I.P

91 5.0 5speed
¯
Member # 1867

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 91 5.0 5speed  Ford pictures for 91 5.0 5speed    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hmm, I think a little juice and boost might be on the menu for me too [Wink]
Hungry Hippo
¯
Member # 537

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hungry Hippo  Ford pictures for Hungry Hippo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
will there be a price for the least hp?

--------------------
05 S4 Avant(wagon)
09 C6 H/C/I

05cruiser
Member # 4218

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 05cruiser  Ford pictures for 05cruiser    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
This Dyno day sounds like a good Idea but we should also have a track day at sac to see if the person with the most horse power and toque can put it to the wheels and get down the track the fastest having the most is nothing if you can't cant make usful power out of it.

--------------------
Figures don't lie but liers Figure

Gnari-Garage
CAFords OG
Member # 3164

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gnari-Garage  Ford pictures for Gnari-Garage    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
sounds like a good and fun idea. Good luck to everyone that is going to participate. Sorry my cobra went crazy and I will not have time to dyno tune it by the 9th [Frown]

--------------------
2017 McLaren 570GT
2019 Audi S5
2017 Tundra 7" Lift, 37" Tires

Posts: 4017 | From: 916-sacramento | Registered: Aug 2003  |  :
JohnB
Tech Moderator
Member # 969

Count me out. The week has been too busy with the kid starting school and the block going back to the shop for it's final cut. [Frown]

--------------------
1965 Shelby Cobra
1993 Cobra
2012 F150 Raptor
2020 GT500

Throttle Stop
¯
Member # 5515

We've had this posted for a couple of weeks, and not alot of intrest. Who is planning on coming? We need to know so we can get the BBQ stuff.
Throttle Stop
¯
Member # 5515

You ever have a party and noone shows up? Well, that's what we had. We guess two things- First, it was a bad day for folks to come in for pulls, and Two- folks feel the price to award was too much. If these are accurate assumptions, then let us know and we can change.

We did have an 03 Cobra come in for just a standard pull and he had a slipping belt. Sound familier?

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com