Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Events/Shows/Cruises   » Registration form for Mach 1 Roundup/Thunderill Driving School

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Registration form for Mach 1 Roundup/Thunderill Driving School
351c.i.d
¯
Member # 2959

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 351c.i.d  Ford pictures for 351c.i.d    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Alrighty folks. Here is the registration form for the Thunderhill Driving School at Thunderhill Raceway on July 29, 2005. This event is being hosted by TrackMasters Racing and this event will be $250.00. This fee is NON-REFUNDABLE.
This fee includes all day instruction and lunch w/drinks. Extra lunches can be bought for $8.00 for your guests. There are restroom facilities and snack bar facilities available at the track. Thunderhill T-shirts will be for sale at the track.
Guests are NOT allowed in the car during instruction. There MAY be a parade lap available during lunch time at a very low speed to allow your guests to at least see what the track is like. Please feel free to encourage your guests to bring cameras/video to capture the day!

Please fill out this form and send it with a check or money order payaple to:

The Throttle Stop

3504 Apollo Circle

Roseville, CA 95661

There are 3 run groups at this event:
A-Advanced
B-Intermediate
C-Novice

If you have no driving experience whatsoever on a track, it is highly recommended that you register yourself in Category C. For those of you who do have experience, please use common sense and place yourself in B or C, which ever you feel is appropriate. Category A drivers drive by themselves, without an instructor. B&C drivers will have an instructor with them at ALL TIMES.

Please do your best to get this form/payment mailed by the Convention registration deadline of March 1, 2005. This allows us enought time to set things up and make sure that everyone gets their money's worth.

Below the registration link is the Tech Inspection sheet. This must be filled out and you must have it with you the day of the event. If your car does not pass, it does NOT DRIVE. Please take care of everything ahead of time to make sure that your Mach is in working order. I highly recommend that you bring a small took kit for any basic maintenance that might need to be done....tire iron/sockets/wrenches, etc. Track prep will be available at the Throttle Stop the day before the event.

Registration Form

Tech Inspection Form

A helmet IS REQUIRED for this event. Helmets must be Snell SA95, M95, K98, SA2000, or M2000 rated. Helmets must also be free of cracks and other visible damage. If you do not have a helmet Thunderhill will have a limited number of helmets available for rent for $25.00

Folks I guarantee that this driving school will be a blast! I must stress to you that this is not a RACING SCHOOL, this is a driving school that teaches you how to be a better driver....on and off the course. Some of things that are covered are:
1. Understeer/Oversteer-causes and solutions
2. Line of sight/seeing "through the turn"
3. Settling the chassis/setting up for a turn/braking
4. Overall awareness of your car and how it reacts to various conditions

The list goes on and on. You will be paired up with an instructor and run the course for a certain amount of time. During that time the instructor will advise you on certain things, make suggestions, etc etc. Afterwards, you will go back into the building with your group for a "download" in which you go over what just happened....mistakes, questions, accomplisments, etc. From there you go back out to your car and wait to make another run. We'll break for lunch and then go back out and do it again!
All of the skills you will learn at this course WILL give you the tools needed to be a better driver. All of these things can be used in everyday driving to make you safer and to improve your overall driving experience....whether it be on the loop, or cruising on the highway.

To put things into perspective....the last time I went this course, we had everything under the sun show up.........from full size chevy pickups, minivans, to Ferrari 360 Modenas and Porches......and everything in between. That goes to show that this school is for everyone, not just racers or corner carvers!!!

For a turn by turn analysis of Thunderhill visit this link
http://www.thunderhill.com/tracklap.html

For Video of the course, visit this link
http://www.thunderhill.com/VIDEOS/t...ogeneralmed.wmv

[ January 30, 2005, 06:20 AM: Message edited by: 351c.i.d ]

9COBRA8
CaliforniaFords.com Owner
Member # 6

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9COBRA8  Ford pictures for 9COBRA8  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Is it looking like a good turnout for this well organized event?
Posts: 1668 | From: Fremont, CA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  :
1Sicgt
CAFords OG
Member # 714

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1Sicgt  Ford pictures for 1Sicgt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SpdDevl:
I'm still thinking about attending this event but never been to Thunderhill before.

Who has been there that can give positive feedback about it?

You don't need feedback about it. Its one of the best places to run. Its the same place they filmed Ford's The One Commerical for the Ford GT. It owns Sears Point. [worship]

--------------------
14 Focus TS ST3 full Stg3, ready for bigger Turbo
2003 Cobra Track Car

Posts: 8145 | From: Hitting the Apex | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
SVTMike
¯
Member # 2345

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SVTMike  Ford pictures for SVTMike  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
So it is ok to use a motorcycle helmet as long as it meets requirements?

--------------------
1985 1/2 Mustang SVO
2003 SVT Focus

Posts: 766 | From: San Leandro | Registered: Jan 2003  |  :
SVTMike
¯
Member # 2345

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SVTMike  Ford pictures for SVTMike  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Anyone know the answer to my question?

--------------------
1985 1/2 Mustang SVO
2003 SVT Focus

Posts: 766 | From: San Leandro | Registered: Jan 2003  |  :
Throttle Stop
¯
Member # 5515

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Throttle Stop  Ford pictures for Throttle Stop  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I've been there twice and used my DOT/ SNELL Motorcycle helmet with no problems. Just make sure that the test dates are still valid.
Posts: 110 | From: Roseville, Ca. | Registered: Mar 2005  |  :
351c.i.d
¯
Member # 2959

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 351c.i.d  Ford pictures for 351c.i.d    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey all. Just wanted to let everyone know that the deadline for submitting registration for the Thunderhill Driving School on July 29th will be May 15th!!! Please be sure to get these in as soon as possible so we can ensure a spot in our run group.

For those of you on the fence about this event rest assure it's going to be an awesome day! The course is very forgiving to the novice yet you can haul complete ass down the straight aways at speeds reaching 130+MPH. [Big Grin] You'll have an experienced instructor in your car the entire day (provided you aren't in run group C)to ensure you get all of the help you need. The turnout for these events is unbelievable....everything from ferraris to mustangs to full size chevy pickups. [burnout] Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

[ April 19, 2005, 07:07 PM: Message edited by: 351c.i.d ]

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com