Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Events/Shows/Cruises   » Laguna Seca track day June 4th

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Laguna Seca track day June 4th
351c.i.d
¯
Member # 2959

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 351c.i.d  Ford pictures for 351c.i.d    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey everyone. A friend of mine over at the mach1registry who is a SCCA instructor was offered that chance to reserve Laguna Seca on the 4th of June. The only problem is that it costs $19,000 to reserve for the day and so far we only have 20 participants.
The cost per person will be around 350 bucks, which ultimately depends on how many people committ to going. The 350 bucks gets you at least 2-2.5 hours of track time and instruction as well as food/drink. This guy likes to keep the # of participants relatively low which allows the most track time/fun for everyone.
If you are interested in going please please please email Aaron Tachibana at
tach9@sbcglobal.net
This even is open to any and everyone. It doesn't matter if you drive a toyota echo or '03 cobra....everyone is welcome.
Like I said we need to know asap, so if you want to go, please send an email to the addy above. So far the group of people going are really easy going/fun people and we'd love to meet some of you guys from Norcalfords so come on out!!! How often do you get the chance to run at Laguna Seca like this?

Here's some info from the original post:

"Hey Tim, Good thinking..I'm sure there will be a few that need some trailer space for stuff!! Remember you'll be going hard out there so new brakes are a must..and good tires will also enhance your day (D.O.T. competition tires will provide you with the most fun!!!)...harnesses are not a bad idea either minimum 3" wide with Sternum latches and sub belts are the best..rotory cam locks or latches.and of course you'll need a D.O.T. approved helmet Snell 2000 MA..I do not require a SA helmet. No helmets are available to rent so you're on your own there. If you are going to get a helmet..get a full face helmet please I have SCCA instructors..and we alternate run groups (3 max 25 total in each group including instructors) A=racers, B=intermediates (some track experience and C=novices...no worries there are no speed limits to any run group, just different passing rules. We begin the day in the class room where myself and the other instructors will teach you the lines of the track and all the proper things to do out on course. For those in the novice group, we begin on track with a lead follow session going no more than 45 miles per hour..this allows you to "see" everything we are teaching you at a reduced speed for better comprehension...as the day progresses..you'll be at full speed!!!! Instructors can ride with you, you can ride with them..and I highly recomend you take a ride with an instructor...and see and feel what it's like to drive the track hard...it is a blast!!!! The track day is limited participation so that we all get maximum track time..approx 2.5 hours!!! That is a lot of track time believe me..you're gonna be sore and tired at the end of the day You will see speeds in excess of 140 MPH for those with a lot of power..and tight turns that are less than 50 MPH...the infamous Cork Screw is really a fun turn...there are blind off camber turns, flat no camber turns and nice bowls with lots of positive camber..all with elevation changes!!! From the top of the Cork Screw to turn 11 (heading onto the front strait...the elevation drops an approximate 10 stories!!!!

As for lodging..hang in there..I know you've never attended one of my track events, but I give y'all a comprehensive info bulletin with car prep, track info, time place etc. and the pre-track day dinner the night before (usually at Cibo's...great Italian Place in Monterey) and lodging at special rates etc. I provide breakfast (continental) orange juice, coffee...then a catered lunch and fluids soft drinks and water all day...all for the price of admission Oh and after the track day, we all assemble at Tarpy's for the end of the day debriefing and fun...BTW..their Olallie Berry Pie is to die for

We certainly could use more Mach's...come on guys this is the most famous track in the USA...and we have it in Prime Time!!! Those that live afar..you can trailer your Mach's in a group to get a discount from the carrier..let me know if you need help on that one..it's less expensive that way....Hmmm...maybe I'll see if MM&FF would like to attend? I will also have a photographer present so you can get great pixs of you through the various places on the track!!!!!

Any how..it's going to be way fun!!!

OH...BTW..we are on a 92dB day..that means we cannot exceede 92dB...and the sound check is situated just after turn 5 as you head up the hill on the track...so if you have a stock exhaust system you'll be fine..those with really loud systems..ya might want to put the stocker back in...not my rules but the track rules....e-mail me if you need more details as I have a bunch of solutions that work if you do not have a stock system to use"

90gtverrt
¯
Member # 1437

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90gtverrt  Ford pictures for 90gtverrt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Can I bring my Honda 954rr Bike?

Mike

Posts: 1199 | From: Livermore, CA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  :
351c.i.d
¯
Member # 2959

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 351c.i.d  Ford pictures for 351c.i.d    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hmm I'm not sure. Email Tach9 at:
tach9@sbcglobal.net
Aaron will have an answer for you and at least this way he'll know you're interested. The key is at least knowing others are interested, that's the main problem with him putting up the money to reserve the track. 19 g's is a lot of dough!
Anyone else interested?

87mustang
¯
Member # 2496

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 87mustang  Ford pictures for 87mustang  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ive been on the track and i loved it, funnist thing ever......just wish my car had back brakes [Frown]

--------------------
BEAT YA

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com