Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Events/Shows/Cruises   » Random and important Musings.

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Random and important Musings.
Teddy Tiger
¯
Member # 2473

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Teddy Tiger  Ford pictures for Teddy Tiger    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
(I've posted this on the Half Moon Bay show topic as well as the Foster's Freeze show topic, and I'm making it a stand alone topic too, just so people can read, I feel this is important, Moderators, if you do not, feel free to delete this.)

Just some randome musings to throw out here.

Okay, the CHP having to run a traffic break on 92 was pretty embarassing, while I wasn't caught in it because I was behind Matt (9Cobra8), to see it happen and hear about it wasn't all great.

I think we all could ahave been a bit more civilized on the freeways, after all, a friend of mine pointed out that it's *much* more impressive watching a whole line of nice Mustangs all running down the freeway or surface roads. (The surface roads seemed to go well, especially on 92 back to 35, and on 35 as well). Sure we all got fast, powerful cars, and we'd love to show them off, but save that for the show & shine. We're all adults here, revving is one thing, taking off like a bat out of hell from the tollbooths was another...

Brian, you're a great cruise leader, I think next time, we should all just stick together, and show off in a big line of cars all cruising down the road and freeway like the old hot rods do.

As for the lunch thing, I'm sure it was all a mistake that a bunch of people made, not just Brian, I'm pretty sure he didn't mean to leave everyone in the dust, I think he was just thinking of stopping up there to take a cruise break and bathroom break from driving up Skyline. Oh well, C'est la vie.

I'm sure we'll have a more definate and pretty set plan for lunch on our next Show & Shine cruise, and if anyone wants to eat elsewhere, then they're free to, just don't bitch at the rest of us.

So...those are my thoughts, you're free to agree, add to this, or berate me, I don't care.

See you in a couple weeks, all!

(Also will be posting this on the Foster's Freeze show topic.)

Nick Radonich

--------------------
2008 Mustang GT 'Premium'
Vista Blue Metallic
Interior Upgrade, Comfort Group
Charcoal Leather Interior
Shaker 500 Stereo

Posts: 167 | From: Lafayette, California | Registered: Feb 2003  |  :
TRY2PAZ
¯
Member # 97

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRY2PAZ  Ford pictures for TRY2PAZ  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Teddy Tiger:
(I've posted this on the Half Moon Bay show topic as well as the Foster's Freeze show topic, and I'm making it a stand alone topic too, just so people can read, I feel this is important, Moderators, if you do not, feel free to delete this.)

Just some randome musings to throw out here.

Okay, the CHP having to run a traffic break on 92 was pretty embarassing, while I wasn't caught in it because I was behind Matt (9Cobra8), to see it happen and hear about it wasn't all great.

I think we all could ahave been a bit more civilized on the freeways, after all, a friend of mine pointed out that it's *much* more impressive watching a whole line of nice Mustangs all running down the freeway or surface roads. (The surface roads seemed to go well, especially on 92 back to 35, and on 35 as well). Sure we all got fast, powerful cars, and we'd love to show them off, but save that for the show & shine. We're all adults here, revving is one thing, taking off like a bat out of hell from the tollbooths was another...

Brian, you're a great cruise leader, I think next time, we should all just stick together, and show off in a big line of cars all cruising down the road and freeway like the old hot rods do.

As for the lunch thing, I'm sure it was all a mistake that a bunch of people made, not just Brian, I'm pretty sure he didn't mean to leave everyone in the dust, I think he was just thinking of stopping up there to take a cruise break and bathroom break from driving up Skyline. Oh well, C'est la vie.

I'm sure we'll have a more definate and pretty set plan for lunch on our next Show & Shine cruise, and if anyone wants to eat elsewhere, then they're free to, just don't bitch at the rest of us.

So...those are my thoughts, you're free to agree, add to this, or berate me, I don't care.

See you in a couple weeks, all!

(Also will be posting this on the Foster's Freeze show topic.)

Nick Radonich

Nick,
Thank you very much for your pointers. We have been doing this for 4 years. No matter how hard we try, you can not make everyone happy. We try to stay safe and have fun at the same time. All in all it is drive at your own risk. At major intersections, I will stop and wait till I see the pack. I do not try to loose anyone. Again thank you for your input [Smile]

--------------------
http://www.fnsweet.com/pics/events/sj_gtg_1020/sj_gtg1020_30.jpg

Posts: 4033 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2000  |  :
bunchmyfunky
CAFords Drag Racing Mod
Member # 360

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bunchmyfunky  Ford pictures for bunchmyfunky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Brian you do a great job [patriot]
Posts: 2433 | From: Vacaville | Registered: Jul 2001  |  :
50PrNcEsSGT
¯
Member # 2308

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50PrNcEsSGT  Ford pictures for 50PrNcEsSGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thats the only part I didnt like about the cruise was that it was kinda confusing and we werent all together but I had a good time and it was tight when we were all together looking foward to the next one and hopefully this time we will all stick with the herd [Big Grin]

--------------------
BUILD A BRIDGE ...AND GET OVER IT!!!!!!

1Sicgt
CAFords OG
Member # 714

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1Sicgt  Ford pictures for 1Sicgt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 50PrNcEsSGT:
Thats the only part I didnt like about the cruise was that it was kinda confusing and we werent all together but I had a good time and it was tight when we were all together looking foward to the next one and hopefully this time we will all stick with the herd [Big Grin]

Well if people stay in line and not try to show off and try out running the people in the lead, maybe they might get where everyone else is going. [patriot]

--------------------
14 Focus TS ST3 full Stg3, ready for bigger Turbo
2003 Cobra Track Car

Posts: 8145 | From: Hitting the Apex | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
MiniMEE
¯
Member # 1009

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MiniMEE  Ford pictures for MiniMEE  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ppl who drive fast in front...ppl who drive slow in the back. there is no way that the ppl who want to go fast will keep their car under 3k rpms....they would have bought a civic if they wanted to go slow.

--------------------
TRY2PAZ's lil brother
homepage http://haywire.csuhayward.edu/~scarrill/quad.html

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I agree with this post 100% when i see a civic rush by me hella fast on the freeway i think "dumbass" what do you think all the people thought after seeing everyone take off from the tolls? I bet they were cussing. I think if your gonna go on a cruise then CRUISE don't speed. We all know Mustangs are fast as hell thats why we own 1! We don't need people to show us that on the freeway.

Seeing a line of Mustangs cruising would be very impressive.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

Teddy Tiger
¯
Member # 2473

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Teddy Tiger  Ford pictures for Teddy Tiger    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Cobra5.0Jeep:

Seeing a line of Mustangs cruising would be very impressive.

Lord Knows it was damn impressive back on May 3rd, heading up Patterson Pass, watching all the people who lived along there to watch the big line of Mustangs all roar by, cruisin' on up the hills. [Smile]

Nick

Teddy Tiger
¯
Member # 2473

quote:
Originally posted by TRY2PAZ:
]Nick,
Thank you very much for your pointers. We have been doing this for 4 years. No matter how hard we try, you can not make everyone happy. We try to stay safe and have fun at the same time. All in all it is drive at your own risk. At major intersections, I will stop and wait till I see the pack. I do not try to loose anyone. Again thank you for your input [Smile]

Hey, my pleasure, Brian. I'm not trying to take over your job or anything, just provide some friendly input. [Smile]

Look forward to seeing y'all in San Ramon!
[patriot]

--------------------
2008 Mustang GT 'Premium'
Vista Blue Metallic
Interior Upgrade, Comfort Group
Charcoal Leather Interior
Shaker 500 Stereo

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com