Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Events/Shows/Cruises   » show, any good? (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: show, any good?
Jim
¯
Member # 2848

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jim  Ford pictures for Jim    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
who went to the hayward car show? what did you think, any good? how many mustangs showed up by the end of the show?

--------------------
Jim

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
it was tight i had hella fun. A lot of Mustangs showed up.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

50PrNcEsSGT
¯
Member # 2308

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50PrNcEsSGT  Ford pictures for 50PrNcEsSGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It was coo too hot out there but nice cars.

--------------------
BUILD A BRIDGE ...AND GET OVER IT!!!!!!

andyman_2k01
CAFords OG
Member # 1448

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for andyman_2k01  Ford pictures for andyman_2k01    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Here's my .02cents. I got there around 11:30 or so and it was okay. it was hotter than hell and there were an okay amount of cars in the lot, but...there were many more mustangs parked a ways away from the others in the actual show *in the other lots*. I say for next time, let ALL mustangs park together in the same lot, whether in the show or not. Just have the ones that are competing specially marked. The show would have looked like it had a bigger turn out if everyone was allowed to park in the show lot. in the show or not, a mustang is a mustang and should be allowed to be parked where all the rest are. that's my opinion.
Posts: 1503 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  :
1972chevelle454
¯
Member # 2539

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1972chevelle454  Ford pictures for 1972chevelle454    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
does anyone have a list of the winners?

--------------------
1972 Chevelle 454
TH400-4:11
SOLD MAY 16th :(

Posts: 246 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Mar 2003  |  :
aslowdodge
¯
Member # 854

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for aslowdodge  Ford pictures for aslowdodge    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I got there pretty late at about 1:15 or so. It was really hot in the sun in the parking lot. There didn't seem to be as many cars as before, but they were all spread out so maybe it just seemed that way. Or maybe some left by then since I came at the end or close to it. It seems not as many people were interacting because everyone was so spread out. Still I saw quite a few nice cars and lots of sc ones. Good to see the pride you all had in your cars.

Jeez it was hot out there. I did a quick run thru checking out the cars and left as there wasn't a whole lot of shade. I think a park with some trees might be a better place, but that's just a suggestion and not to mean any offense to the organizers as they put in enough work already to do the show.

Did I mention it was hot out there?

--------------------
97 Viper GTS
Supercharged & a bit of juice
last dyno on 100 shot-770rwhp/908lb torque
tree stump pulling anyone?

Posts: 641 | From: pleasanton | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
chosen1
¯
Member # 1906

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for chosen1  Ford pictures for chosen1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The Maier Racing BBQ and carshow was WAYYYYYYYYY Better.

--------------------
1967 Fastback. Should go 10's -but doesn't
1993 Cobra
2003 Suzuki SVS
1966 Coupe -For Sale

4RS FED
¯
Member # 2067

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 4RS FED  Ford pictures for 4RS FED  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Chosen1 aka The Thread Killer:
The Maier Racing BBQ and carshow was WAYYYYYYYYY Better.

ditto, i enjoyed the show, but the other show in like pleasanton or something was way better....

--------------------
i have a twin turbo mustang and you don't!

ci$ko
¯
Member # 2425

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ci$ko  Ford pictures for ci$ko    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i got there about around 12 it was fkn hot...i like andys idea about all parkin togather there were lots of stangs in the other parkn lot

--------------------
2000 GT for sale
89 lx burning up slicks at a track near you
91 bottled gt sold :/
72 chevelle

Posts: 1286 | From: valleJo .7o7. | Registered: Feb 2003  |  :
Jim
¯
Member # 2848

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jim  Ford pictures for Jim    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by andyman_2k01:
Here's my .02cents. I got there around 11:30 or so and it was okay. it was hotter than hell and there were an okay amount of cars in the lot, but...there were many more mustangs parked a ways away from the others in the actual show *in the other lots*. I say for next time, let ALL mustangs park together in the same lot, whether in the show or not. Just have the ones that are competing specially marked. The show would have looked like it had a bigger turn out if everyone was allowed to park in the show lot. in the show or not, a mustang is a mustang and should be allowed to be parked where all the rest are. that's my opinion.

I got there about 10:00, stayed till about 11:30. just wanted to see what some of you guys thought. I agree with andyman, get more cars in there. I only seen about 35 to 40 cars, allthough very nice, the 120 mile trip down was just not worth it. [Mad]

--------------------
Jim

kwikrob
¯
Member # 835

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for kwikrob  Ford pictures for kwikrob    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
How many people do you think will show up when you're charging $30 a car and $40 the day of? It's too damn expensive for a little home made car show. It sure ain't Good Guys!

--------------------
Slowest car on this board!

Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thanks everyone for showing up in the heat, and a big thanks to our sponsors (
http://www.californiafords.com/carshow/sponsors.html ) for having booths at the show and raffling off cool prizes!

Here are pictures from the show:

http://www.californiafords.com/images/shows/06_28_03/ [patriot]

Cuddie
Member # 3015

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cuddie  Ford pictures for Cuddie    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
it was hot as hell! and the idea of having all the mustangs parts together is a good idea, i got there around 10 and parked in a line of mustangs...it was about 7 or 8 mustangs parked side by side. the viewers parking lot looked like a car show itself. the car show was cool thought got to see alot of nice cars, maybe next year we'll have some shade? haha. nice show overall, myabe next year we can get more cars, more excitment? im entering next year no doubt tho.
1Sicgt
CAFords OG
Member # 714

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1Sicgt  Ford pictures for 1Sicgt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by kwikrob:
How many people do you think will show up when you're charging $30 a car and $40 the day of? It's too damn expensive for a little home made car show. It sure ain't Good Guys!

Well, this year the Quality of the shirts givin out was far superior to the year before. Plus the awards were imo, a bit nicer. For what was givin out and what goes into the cost of having the show, in reality it is worth it. Hell, its not like there are an abundancy of Mustang Trophy shows up here in Norcal.

--------------------
14 Focus TS ST3 full Stg3, ready for bigger Turbo
2003 Cobra Track Car

Posts: 8145 | From: Hitting the Apex | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
RacRWalsh
¯
Member # 2953

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RacRWalsh  Ford pictures for RacRWalsh    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hello My Fellow Ford Owners; I want to say that it was a good show but there were mustangs that looked just as nice in the show that didn't enter.
If you guys or gals out there that read this, enter the show next time. If You would have entered, then some people wouldn't bitch about not enough cars. Yes it sure was Hella Hot out there but we were expiriencing a heatwave. See You at the next show. [Cool]

--------------------
Thomas Walsh Jr

Posts: 13 | From: Fremont California | Registered: Jun 2003  |  :
RacRWalsh
¯
Member # 2953

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RacRWalsh  Ford pictures for RacRWalsh    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
9Cobra8; By the way, I liked the show and there were some nice cars. I'm sure next time there will be more cars then you wouldn't have to here the people bitch. I enjoyed the show. [Cool]

--------------------
Thomas Walsh Jr

Posts: 13 | From: Fremont California | Registered: Jun 2003  |  :
Teddy Tiger
¯
Member # 2473

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Teddy Tiger  Ford pictures for Teddy Tiger    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Unfortunatly I missed this show, I had to work in Seattle this weekend. From what I've read, though, sounds like it was a good show, despite some things. My suggestion would maybe hold the show in a larger lot? Or maybe set up big tents or something? I wonder how much it would cost to rent a section of the Pleasanton Fairgrounds?

just my opinion...

Nick

--------------------
2008 Mustang GT 'Premium'
Vista Blue Metallic
Interior Upgrade, Comfort Group
Charcoal Leather Interior
Shaker 500 Stereo

Posts: 167 | From: Lafayette, California | Registered: Feb 2003  |  :
Primer GR40
¯
Member # 476

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Primer GR40  Ford pictures for Primer GR40  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
who were the winners in each catergory?

--------------------
Superdupercharged Cobra
No Transmatic Notch

Impact 5.0
¯
Member # 2805

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Impact 5.0  Ford pictures for Impact 5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I got 1st in the 99+ Gt and verts (none cobra)didnt think i would but was happy I did.. Every car there was worth a award [patriot]
Posts: 2173 | From: Tracy, CA | Registered: May 2003  |  :
Jesse
¯
Member # 312

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jesse  Ford pictures for Jesse    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SteedaGT:
I got 1st in the 99+ Gt and verts (none cobra)didnt think i would but was happy I did.. Every car there was worth a award [patriot]

Except for that big blue Bronco. [Razz] [Big Grin]

Just kidding.

Jesse

Posts: 1342 | From: Pleasanton, CA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  :
UKCobra
¯
Member # 1240

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for UKCobra  Ford pictures for UKCobra  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
No need for a larger parking lot, as the one used this year was not filled. Last years was smaller, and more people had to park door to door.

This year the Stallions were the only group who had to do that, in order to get their vehicles together.

I don't agree with the comments, of having non-paying entries parked next to the paying ones. Makes a car show pointless. Thats what the Cruises/GTG's are for.

Peer voting always causes a few comments, and maybe awards such as best engine bay, or best interior or best paint judged by a panel of judges, may work better, who knows.
Try getting a price for the Pleasanton Fairgrounds, I think you'll find it way too expensive for a small group such as CaFords.com.

I thoroughly enjoyed the show, some great cars, people and a nice (hot) day.

Feedback is important to make it better for next year and I'm sure the organisers will take all the issues for consideration.

Mark

[ July 03, 2003, 11:58 PM: Message edited by: UKCobra ]

--------------------
1994 Mustang Cobra Pace Car #938
1995 Mustang Cobra R #61

Posts: 436 | From: Reading, UNITED KINGDOM | Registered: May 2002  |  :
Impact 5.0
¯
Member # 2805

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Impact 5.0  Ford pictures for Impact 5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Jesse:
quote:

Just kidding.

Jesse

SOMEONE is the funny guy Mr. 1st place V6 ha ha but hey at least bringing the bronco helped, it was sold the next day by someone at the show!!!
aslowdodge
¯
Member # 854

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for aslowdodge  Ford pictures for aslowdodge    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Why not a peoples choice award in addition. or is there one already?

--------------------
97 Viper GTS
Supercharged & a bit of juice
last dyno on 100 shot-770rwhp/908lb torque
tree stump pulling anyone?

Posts: 641 | From: pleasanton | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
Impact 5.0
¯
Member # 2805

quote:
Originally posted by aslowdodge:
Why not a peoples choice award in addition. or is there one already?

The people at the show where the ones who voted for the cars... [patriot]
Jesse
¯
Member # 312

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jesse  Ford pictures for Jesse    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Jesse:
quote:

Just kidding.

Jesse

SOMEONE is the funny guy Mr. 1st place V6 ha ha but hey at least bringing the bronco helped, it was sold the next day by someone at the show!!!
Sweet!! I still haven't found anybody interested in my car, but I did find the truck I want. If all goes well I will be flying out to Arizona on Saturday to pick it up and drive it home. [Eek!] I can't wait to have a V8 again.

Jesse

Posts: 1342 | From: Pleasanton, CA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  :

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com