Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Events/Shows/Cruises   » Ford @ Monterey Historics

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Ford @ Monterey Historics
Hans
Member # 2285

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hans  Ford pictures for Hans    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Greetings from a new member.

I'm curious if anyone has current info on club events relating to the Montery Historic races in August, featuring Ford racing. On some of the other forums there are plans afoot to go as individuals and as a group, and I'm curious who is planning on going to this event.

Pretty much every significant Ford road racing vehicle will be there (GT40, Shelby's, BOSS 302's, Cobra's etc.), and it's quite a show.

I'd like to hook up with a group of some sort on the way down (although my son will be driving my brand X down as well!) to watch the racing on Friday and Saturday.

I'm looking forward to participating on this forum!

Hans

--------------------
The Larry Shinoda Collection:
'70 BOSS 302, '69 427 Corvette, '65 Corvair Monza 140

TRY2PAZ
¯
Member # 97

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRY2PAZ  Ford pictures for TRY2PAZ  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Welcome to cafords.com
Can you give us some more info on the event.

A lot of us go down to Knott's Berry Farm for the biggest FORD car show west of the Mississippi.

--------------------
http://www.fnsweet.com/pics/events/sj_gtg_1020/sj_gtg1020_30.jpg

Posts: 4033 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2000  |  :
Hans
Member # 2285

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hans  Ford pictures for Hans    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Here's what's on their web site:

"MARQUE ANNOUNCED FOR 2003 MONTEREY HISTORIC RACES
A century of Ford racing heritage will be showcased at the 30th annual Rolex Monterey Historic Automobile Races, August 15 - 17, 2003, at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca. Steven Earle, president of General Racing Ltd. and event founder, made the highly anticipated announcement at the awards ceremony on Sunday, Aug. 18, following an exciting weekend that honored Corvette. The evolution of Ford racing will be showcased and may include everything from the 1901 "Sweepstakes" that Henry Ford drove in his first and only race, a 10-mile competition against Alexander Winton, to the low-slung and mighty GT-40s and Ford-powered Formula One cars".

http://www.laguna-seca.com/

Typically, they run practice Thursday and Friday, then race groups by type on Saturday and Sunday.
The groups include FIA cars (Ferrari 250LM, GTO, Ford GT40, Lola T70, etc.), a group for the Shelbys, a Trans-Am group (my favorite - not to be missed!). All the big clubs (Porsche, BMW, Ferrari, Jaguar, Corvette, etc.) will have corrals, and I imagine Ford will have a large area for the Mustang clubs. The NorCal Shelby club (http://www.norcal-saac.org/) is working on a Corral, but it will be for their cars only, I would guess. The BOSS registry (http://www.boss302.com/) is just getting going on their plans...

Hans

--------------------

TRY2PAZ
¯
Member # 97

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRY2PAZ  Ford pictures for TRY2PAZ  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sounds interesting. I would like to go and know a few others that would go.
You should bring this topic back up in July, when it gets closer to the date. [Wink]

--------------------
http://www.fnsweet.com/pics/events/sj_gtg_1020/sj_gtg1020_30.jpg

Posts: 4033 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2000  |  :
Hans
Member # 2285

Yea, thats a good idea. Only reason I brought it up now is that you have to get room reservations before about March, or you'll be staying in San Jose! This is probably the biggest car event on the west coast with the exception of the NASCAR race in LA.

Hans

--------------------

kpl
¯
Member # 1879

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for kpl  Ford pictures for kpl  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Join the club (http://www.norcal-saac.org/) and bring your Boss to the corral..just because it's not a Shelby doesn't mean you can't join.

--------------------
Kevin

Posts: 83 | From: SF Bay Area | Registered: Sep 2002  |  :
Mach0ne351
¯
Member # 927

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mach0ne351  Ford pictures for Mach0ne351  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
NorCalWildhorses is based in Monterey, Ca. so probably we will have a get together for the races. www.wildhorsesclub.com

-marek

--------------------
2001 SVT Cobra
SCT Tuned by APEX Motorsports @ 317rwhp/304rwtq
www.32valve.com

Posts: 1182 | From: Marina, CA | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
griffined
¯
Member # 1330

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for griffined  Ford pictures for griffined  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I just joined the Norcal-SAAC folks this week. I'd like to attend that event and some of their open track deals this sumer.

--------------------
2001 Cobra Vert #678 of 3384
269 SAE rwhp 279 Tq stock
2000 Cobra R #154 of 300
395 SAE rwhp 398 Tq
1986 Mustang SVO daily driver

Posts: 207 | From: Daytona Beach, FL | Registered: May 2002  |  :
BlackNGold
CaliforniaFords.com
Member # 655

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlackNGold  Ford pictures for BlackNGold    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I definately want to go to the Montery Historic Races...I missed it last August (man I was PISSED OFF!) [Mad] ....I missed the chance to see my favorite Formula 1 car..The 1977 "John Players Special", black and gold Lotus/Ford...

--------------------
-SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT-

Posts: 5132 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
UKCobra
¯
Member # 1240

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for UKCobra  Ford pictures for UKCobra  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Black94 5.0:
I definately want to go to the Montery Historic Races...I missed it last August (man I was PISSED OFF!) [Mad] ....I missed the chance to see my favorite Formula 1 car..The 1977 "John Players Special", black and gold Lotus/Ford...

Or do you mean this one, built in 78 for the 79 season.

-

Mark

[ January 14, 2003, 01:03 AM: Message edited by: UKCobra ]

--------------------
1994 Mustang Cobra Pace Car #938
1995 Mustang Cobra R #61

Posts: 436 | From: Reading, UNITED KINGDOM | Registered: May 2002  |  :
BlackNGold
CaliforniaFords.com
Member # 655

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlackNGold  Ford pictures for BlackNGold    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by UKCobra:
quote:
Originally posted by Black94 5.0:

Or do you mean this one, built in 78 for the 79 season.

-

Mark

THATS THE ONE MARK!!!!!!!!
#5?..Nigel Mansell drove for Lotus in '80-'84?...I know Mario Andretti drove in '76-'80 and the late Aryton Senna drove the JPS Lotus in '85-'86.. [burnout]

Thanx Mark nice pic!

[ January 14, 2003, 01:19 AM: Message edited by: Black94 5.0 ]

--------------------
-SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT-

Posts: 5132 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
94sssnake aka svt5150
¯
Member # 1237

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94sssnake aka svt5150  Ford pictures for 94sssnake aka svt5150    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I will be going for sure. I have gone every year since I was 5 (23 now). It is a blast. Where else can you race Ferraris, 911s, and every other top exotic. It definately is an expensive weekend. I would HIGHLY recommend going to the Italiano Concourse on Friday. That IS the show or all shows. Tickets last year were $60 but it is awesome. Believe me. We need to get a group together to cruise down there.

--------------------
94 Cobra #2490
Saleen S351 Clone... Too Much $$$

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com