Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Events/Shows/Cruises   » SVTPerformance.com Dyno Day 2/1

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: SVTPerformance.com Dyno Day 2/1
S281Cobra
NOTAFKE
Member # 338

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for S281Cobra  Ford pictures for S281Cobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Svtperformance.com is going to have a Dyno Day on Feb 1st at Apex. There are currently 16 cars signed up to run, including mine. Dyno runs are going to start first thing in the morning, going throughout the day.

Come by hang out and watch the runs....there will be a nice assortment of SVT vehicles there to see.

You can see details on the following link
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=26917&highlight=norcal

Kevin

--------------------
Italian Horses & Bulls
Stuttgart, Ingolstadt & some on order

Posts: 456 | From: Bay Area, CA, USA | Registered: Jul 2001  |  :
TRY2PAZ
¯
Member # 97

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRY2PAZ  Ford pictures for TRY2PAZ  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I will be there to watch. I don't think no one wants to see my 240 rwhp [Frown]

--------------------
http://www.fnsweet.com/pics/events/sj_gtg_1020/sj_gtg1020_30.jpg

Posts: 4033 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2000  |  :
VortechSaleen
¯
Member # 316

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for VortechSaleen  Ford pictures for VortechSaleen    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'll be there to watch.

16 cars..that's alot. Probably going to take the whole day.

Posts: 837 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  :
jayl
¯
Member # 185

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jayl  Ford pictures for jayl    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yah that should be a fun day....... crazy03 is a friend of mine on there.....his shit runs hard for what its got. 03's are pretty sweet

--------------------
Facebook.com/TeamTemporary
8.5's TTFBitch!

Mach0ne351
¯
Member # 927

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mach0ne351  Ford pictures for Mach0ne351  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ill be there.....i want to see the gains from my newly order Bassani Catback w/Street Comp. mufflers....plus, i want to see if i fixed my "running rich" problem. i changed the spark plugs like Bill said. ill be there....what time at apex? 8am?

-marek

--------------------
2001 SVT Cobra
SCT Tuned by APEX Motorsports @ 317rwhp/304rwtq
www.32valve.com

Posts: 1182 | From: Marina, CA | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
99gt-UJSTLST
¯
Member # 584

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 99gt-UJSTLST  Ford pictures for 99gt-UJSTLST    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
well if all goes well for me on the 25th
ill be at the track with my 99gt on the 1st of FEB [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

--------------------
SOUTH BAY STANGS
MINOR BOLT ON'S

www.southbaystangs.com

Posts: 2558 | From: SAN JOSE CA | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :
White02GT
¯
Member # 611

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for White02GT  Ford pictures for White02GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'll try to be there. It should be fun to watch.

--------------------
2002 Mustang GT 13.54 @ 102

"You can't out smart a smartass" Eminem

Posts: 1984 | From: Mountain View, Ca | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
S281Cobra
NOTAFKE
Member # 338

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for S281Cobra  Ford pictures for S281Cobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yeah the list is pretty much full with 5-6 cars waiting for one of the first 16 to drop off........G

The plan right now is for the first car to line up at Around 8am, with the last car run at the end of the day.

Heh, if all goes well I plan on being somewhere near the top of the curve....... [Eek!]

Kevin

--------------------
Italian Horses & Bulls

BruinPi3
¯
Member # 2076

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BruinPi3  Ford pictures for BruinPi3    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
How long does a dyno take?

--------------------
140hp, 127 ft-lb Monster of an Integra.

GOO BRUINS!

Posts: 165 | From: Union City, CA | Registered: Nov 2002  |  :
griffined
¯
Member # 1330

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for griffined  Ford pictures for griffined  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'd guess about 15-25 minutes to get the car that was on the dyno unchained and lowered, then drive the next one up, and tie it down, and make the runs. The prep work takes longer than the three runs.

--------------------
2001 Cobra Vert #678 of 3384
269 SAE rwhp 279 Tq stock
2000 Cobra R #154 of 300
395 SAE rwhp 398 Tq
1986 Mustang SVO daily driver

Posts: 207 | From: Daytona Beach, FL | Registered: May 2002  |  :
ray95
¯
Member # 752

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ray95  Ford pictures for ray95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If my car is done by then....I'll be there!!!
Posts: 895 | From: The Bay Area | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
Blk 93 Snake
¯
Member # 2271

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blk 93 Snake  Ford pictures for Blk 93 Snake    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I know, im on the waiting list [Frown]

--------------------
1993 Mustang Cobra #3234
Black Exterior with Gray Interior
Eibach Pro Kit Springs (inch and a half drop)
K&N

Raiders03
¯
Member # 2292

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Raiders03  Ford pictures for Raiders03    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
S281Cobra
What's up. I saw you at Mustang Ranch last Sat. I was the black 03 Cobra. Just curious when you had yours dynoed did Byron tune it at all? I know you are getting a chip from Rick at Amazon but I was wondering if Byron did yours while you were there. What were your numbers again? If I can not make it on 2-1-03 let me know your numbers from Rick's chip. Just to let you know I had mine dynoed here in Hayward yesterday. I have x-pipe, catback, CAI and Byron tune job. I got 425 RWHP, 400 trq. SAE corrected. Actual RWHP was 439, and 413 trq. Just curious to see what Rick gets from his chip and pully. I will be getting a pulley soon myself. Get back to me here if i do not make it.

Posts: 32 | From: East Bay Cali | Registered: Jan 2003  |  :
TRY2PAZ
¯
Member # 97

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRY2PAZ  Ford pictures for TRY2PAZ  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Raiders03:
S281Cobra
What's up. I saw you at Mustang Ranch last Sat. I was the black 03 Cobra. Just curious when you had yours dynoed did Byron tune it at all? I know you are getting a chip from Rick at Amazon but I was wondering if Byron did yours while you were there. What were your numbers again? If I can not make it on 2-1-03 let me know your numbers from Rick's chip. Just to let you know I had mine dynoed here in Hayward yesterday. I have x-pipe, catback, CAI and Byron tune job. I got 425 RWHP, 400 trq. SAE corrected. Actual RWHP was 439, and 413 trq. Just curious to see what Rick gets from his chip and pully. I will be getting a pulley soon myself. Get back to me here if i do not make it.

Whats up man.
This is Brian. The one that told you about the site. I'm glad you decide to join.
Hopefully we will see you at our meets coming up. [Big Grin]

--------------------
http://www.fnsweet.com/pics/events/sj_gtg_1020/sj_gtg1020_30.jpg

Posts: 4033 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2000  |  :
S281Cobra
NOTAFKE
Member # 338

quote:
S281Cobra

Those are great numbers....your running a o/r-x right?...not ready for Bryan just yet, haven't received the chip as of yet, still waiting for it and the other stuff from Amazon. I want to see what I get and what the A/F is like before I decide if I need to have Byron do a tune or not.

I did my baselines when I picked up the car from the dealer, we had just put on the cat-x pipe. So with that plus a borla cat-back and a K&N, my baseline is 395rwhp 385rwtq SAE corrected. As soon as all the parts are in, they're getting installed, hopefully this will all happen before 2/1.

Kevin

[ January 08, 2003, 06:33 AM: Message edited by: S281Cobra ]

--------------------
Italian Horses & Bulls

Chris C.
¯
Member # 1949

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chris C.  Ford pictures for Chris C.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Im going i have paid too [Razz] im somewhere in the middle of the list... Theres gonna be a shit load of 03 cobras.. its gonna be great!!!! [worship] [burnout] [worship] [burnout]

--------------------
-1990 Coupe

Posts: 636 | From: San Jose, Ca | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
Raiders03
¯
Member # 2292

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Raiders03  Ford pictures for Raiders03    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
posted January 07, 2003 04:25 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
S281Cobra

Those are great numbers....your running a o/r-x right?...not ready for Bryan just yet, haven't received the chip as of yet, still waiting for it and the other stuff from Amazon. I want to see what I get and what the A/F is like before I decide if I need to have Byron do a tune or not.

I did my baselines when I picked up the car from the dealer, we had just put on the cat-x pipe. So with that plus a borla cat-back and a K&N, my baseline is 395rwhp 385rwtq SAE corrected. As soon as all the parts are in, they're getting installed, hopefully this will all happen before 2/1.

Kevin

I have a catted X-pipe. Your baseline number are really good. I think they are a little higher than mine. I will see you there on 2-1

Posts: 32 | From: East Bay Cali | Registered: Jan 2003  |  :
Red C5
¯
Member # 1561

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Red C5  Ford pictures for Red C5    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Dyno days are fun. [Smile]
S281Cobra
NOTAFKE
Member # 338

Heh, now I'm ready............. [Big Grin]

Kevin

--------------------
Italian Horses & Bulls

S281Cobra
NOTAFKE
Member # 338

Just one more day....... [Big Grin]

everything is installed and the car is running well.....now I just have to wash it..... [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
Italian Horses & Bulls

griffined
¯
Member # 1330

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for griffined  Ford pictures for griffined  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It was great seeing the folks who showed up today. Kevin's car made some mad power on his second run!

--------------------
2001 Cobra Vert #678 of 3384
269 SAE rwhp 279 Tq stock
2000 Cobra R #154 of 300
395 SAE rwhp 398 Tq
1986 Mustang SVO daily driver

Posts: 207 | From: Daytona Beach, FL | Registered: May 2002  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com