Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Events/Shows/Cruises   » LAGUNA SECA RACING.....INTERESTED??

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: LAGUNA SECA RACING.....INTERESTED??
Mach0ne351
¯
Member # 927

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mach0ne351  Ford pictures for Mach0ne351  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
hey all
ok, i really wanna get a laguna seca mustang race event going. who here would be interested?? if you are, please email me at this address: mtp166@yahoo.com

send me your name
and why you would want to race on laguna seca.

if i get enough people, im gonna call laguna seca and talk to em. i mean, they are right around the corner from my house. we can do this guys....do you know how much fun itll be!!!?? i know we can do it, cause the BMW Club races there....amoung others. so let me know everyone..lates

-marek

--------------------
2001 SVT Cobra
SCT Tuned by APEX Motorsports @ 317rwhp/304rwtq
www.32valve.com

Posts: 1182 | From: Marina, CA | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
Milesblown03
¯
Member # 27

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milesblown03  Ford pictures for Milesblown03    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Isnt there s pretty strict noise limit at laguna seca? Half the cars here probably wouldnt pass... mine least of all

--------------------
99 honda 996 superhawk...
03 cobra:422rwhp,399rwtq (before pulley)
New best,12.07@119.9(!!)mph on nittos (cant drive to save my life!)

Posts: 1002 | From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  :
Darren99Cobra
¯
Member # 1083

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Darren99Cobra  Ford pictures for Darren99Cobra  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Laguna Seca has a 90db restriction at turn 5. Most folks short shift coming out of 5 and that keeps the noise levels down.

Are you trying to setup your own event or get some folks to go to an already existing event? NASA, Green Flag, SCCA and other groups have events that you attend. If you want to rent the track yourself, Thunderhill was going to cost me about $5k per day. You won't be able to get a weekend date so you'll have to settle for a weekday.

Are you looking to have an open track event or a real "race"?

Let me know as I'll run Laguna again depending on the type of event you run.

Darren

1Sicgt
CAFords OG
Member # 714

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1Sicgt  Ford pictures for 1Sicgt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hell I would be down also. I think most of my crew would be interested. I can probably have 10-12 cars that would want to go Road Racing.

--------------------
14 Focus TS ST3 full Stg3, ready for bigger Turbo
2003 Cobra Track Car

Posts: 8145 | From: Hitting the Apex | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
03SHKER
¯
Member # 1397

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 03SHKER  Ford pictures for 03SHKER    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
And you KNOW I'm down with you, cuz I live SO far from your house! Haha. Reminds me, I'm comin over later. [Wink]
-chris

--------------------
chris@apexmotorsports.com
2555 Lafayette Blvd. Suite #122
Santa Clara, CA 95050
408-588-0075

supersonicblu03vert
¯
Member # 1614

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for supersonicblu03vert  Ford pictures for supersonicblu03vert    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'd be down anytime

--------------------
2003 Cobra Convertable
Sonic Blue
Air Silencer Removed

DropTopFox
drama
Member # 1689

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for DropTopFox  Ford pictures for DropTopFox    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'd get smoked by all of you but I would definately be down and I'm sure my friend Peninsula302 would definately be down also. [patriot]
Posts: 4003 | From: San Bruno | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
Norgs
¯
Member # 649

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Norgs  Ford pictures for Norgs    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
how much would this cost per person u think? just a guessament

--------------------
R.I.P. Miles 12/8/02
R.I.P. Mike 12-2-03 cant believe it. gonna miss u man!!

Posts: 1031 | From: Tempe...formally San Ramon | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
Stan
¯
Member # 890

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stan  Ford pictures for Stan    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Here is an event some of you may be interested in.
http://www.ncracing.org/ls021210.html

Stan

93Snyper
¯
Member # 1058

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93Snyper  Ford pictures for 93Snyper  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have at least 3 cars that would be willing to go to Laguna Seca, me probably the most [Big Grin] . You can e-mail me the info at Kbizlfoshizl@aol.com
Doug Gale
Member # 2917

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doug Gale  Ford pictures for Doug Gale  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey guys,

My name is Doug Gale and I’m sending you this note to introduce myself and inform you of a couple of track events I'll be hosting in Northern California this calendar year. These events are open to all organizations and vehicle types/brands. The events are:

-> August 19, Thunderhill Raceway in Willows, California.
-> November 22/23, Infineon/Sears Point Raceway in Sonoma, California.

A rare opportunity to spend a single day or full weekend at Infineon! (This event is also 'Rain out' insured!)

The group is called ‘TrackMasters Racing’ and it’s a Northern California Performance Driving group focused on providing affordable and safe Open Track and High Performance Instructional Driving Events at Infineon/Sears Point, Mazda/Laguna Seca, and Thunderhill Raceways.

I’ve been organizing and hosting track events since 1997 and have recently left my role as a founder of one of the largest NorCal groups to start TrackMasters Racing. I have a perfect safety record on the track and we always have fun!

I don’t do this for a living, therefore my main objective is to set-up and host track events that provide opportunities for myself and other drivers to get out on the track! That’s it! No hidden agendas, just pure track time at as close to 'cost' as possible!

Check out the site and apply for membership if you like what you see. It's free!

--------------------
Doug Gale
www.trackmasters-racing.com

FordPny
¯
Member # 510

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FordPny  Ford pictures for FordPny    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Just signed up,

I should be there for ThunderHill [worship]

--------------------
Holla at yoo boooyyy

Posts: 2458 | From: San Jose CA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  :
Primer GR40
¯
Member # 476

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Primer GR40  Ford pictures for Primer GR40  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I need a job. Maybe ill make it out there.

--------------------
Superdupercharged Cobra
No Transmatic Notch

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com