Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Events/Shows/Cruises   » "Ponies & Snakes II Car Show Aug. 11 Danville,CA

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: "Ponies & Snakes II Car Show Aug. 11 Danville,CA
Jimbo
¯
Member # 1456

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jimbo  Ford pictures for Jimbo  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Just wanted to let you guys and gals know about a car show my car club (Bay Area Mustang Assoc.) is putting on this weekend. It is in the "Livery and Mercantile" shopping center at the Auto Enthusiast in Danville,CA, it goes from 9am-3pm. To get there take the Sycamore Valley Rd. exit off of I-680 and head west. More specifically, from 680S take a left at the ramp, make a right on San Ramon Valley Bl. and then a left at the next signal which will take you into the shopping center(hopefully you can find us from there). I 680N directions are the same except you will want to make a right at the top of the ramp. Registration has been full for a few weeks now but we have alot of great benefit drawing prizes(such as field level Giants tix), great silent auction items (such as a $200 gift cert. for Maier Racing) and tech seminars at 11am, 12pm and 1pm. We will have approx 90 cars there, a nice mix of early and new mustangs(a few other guys from 98cobra.com are in the show), stock and modified. We will also have a number of Bosses, Mach's and Shelby's (AC Cobras and Mustangs). The shopping center is a nice shady area with lots of nice shops and place to eat, make a day of it. It will be a little skewed to early mustangs but there are 20 or so late mustangs registered. If you decide to drop by feel free to come say hi, I will be the only guy under 25 (I'm the youngest guy in my club) wearing one of the light blue "show worker" shirts. I own the burgundy '65 coupe that was parked next to John's blown LX monster at the 98cobra.com show back in June. Hope to see some of you there.

--------------------
1965 Mustang Coupe
EFI, 302ci, T-5, 3.70's.
Click for My Mustang Pics

Posts: 352 | From: Castro Valley,CA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  :
UKCobra
¯
Member # 1240

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for UKCobra  Ford pictures for UKCobra  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo:
Just wanted to let you guys and gals know about a car show my car club (Bay Area Mustang Assoc.) is putting on this weekend. <SNIPPED>.

Hi Jimbo,

I'm there, this will be the last car show I will be entering in the US, looking forward to it.

Mark

--------------------
1994 Mustang Cobra Pace Car #938
1995 Mustang Cobra R #61

Posts: 436 | From: Reading, UNITED KINGDOM | Registered: May 2002  |  :
Jimbo
¯
Member # 1456

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jimbo  Ford pictures for Jimbo  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Cool Mark, I think this will be a great last U.S. car show for you. As I mentioned, it is in a really nice location and our club has worked really hard to make it fun for participants and spectators, it's not just a sit in an empty parking lot and get sunburned kind of a show. See you on Sunday. [Smile]
StangSpdstr
¯
Member # 1254

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for StangSpdstr  Ford pictures for StangSpdstr  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i got a flyer for this at one of the foster freeze meets, is there certain catagories or restrictions on what type of cars? persay my 2000 v6?

--------------------
1997 Rio Red COBRA
FOR SALE :(
40 series flows

Cobra 427
¯
Member # 755

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobra 427  Ford pictures for Cobra 427    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm in! Signed up my Bullitt this time. 2 years ago I showed my Cobra, last year I was "between cars", so to speak. I showed my Cobra a couple of weeks ago at the Shelby Club BBQ, but this will be the showing of my Bullitt - she's my daily driver, and unfortunately, it shows.

See ya Sunday,
Randy R...

Posts: 95 | From: Fremont, CA | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
Jimbo
¯
Member # 1456

Cobra 427-So you are the Bullitt, I was wondering who that was. See you there.
stangspdstr- the show is open to all years and types of mustangs and cobras. Unfortuneatly, the show has been full for two weeks, the only downside to the nice location is that we are limited to only 90 cars. I suspect there will be a decent showing of mustangs in the non show area too, there was last year. Keep your eyes open for show flyers for next years(2003) show. Many BAMA members like to go to the Fosters Freeze events, one of us usually puts some flyers on his or her windshield. Or better yet join our club [Big Grin] , that way you cant miss out on next years show. Hope to see you there anyway.

--------------------
1965 Mustang Coupe
EFI, 302ci, T-5, 3.70's.
Click for My Mustang Pics

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
too bad its on a sunday otherwise i'd get my dad's cobra and represent

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

93redcobra
CAFords OG
Member # 1344

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93redcobra  Ford pictures for 93redcobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
was at the show it was a good turn out lotta fun
Ruben
¯
Member # 1088

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ruben  Ford pictures for Ruben  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Nice turn out in Danville today. What's the story with bench seats in Mustangs? I thought there were only about 300 produced. I saw two 65's with bench seats there. Does anyone have numbers on this? Also, I didn't see any 1984-85 GT's with 2.3 turbo there, are there any left? Just curious.

--------------------
"If you can't intrigue them with brilliance,baffle them with bullshit"(TB)

http://www.cafords.com/images/shows/11_17_02/DSC01336.JPG
The Red One

Posts: 113 | From: Concord, Ca | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
Jimbo
¯
Member # 1456

Yeah the bench seat mustangs were very rare, I dont remember the specific numbers but I could ask the lady in my club that owns the blue bench seat '66 that was at the show. Congrats go to UK Cobra who took home a trophy with his Cobra pace car and to Cobra 427 on the trophy he took home with his Bullitt. I think there was one 2.3T GT at the show, I think he is a member of DVMA. Glad you enjoyed the show.

[ August 12, 2002, 03:04 PM: Message edited by: Jimbo ]

y2kgt01
¯
Member # 1257

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for y2kgt01  Ford pictures for y2kgt01    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
no offense to anyone putting it on, but the awards were a total joke. brian with the 99 white saleen vert powercoated rims everything got beat by a stock 99 gt that was some old ladies it was rediclous! i went there and i just laft after i saw all the stock 96 up mustangs winning, total old person popularity contest. nice to look at the classics though
Jimbo
¯
Member # 1456

No offense taken, most peer judged shows are pretty biased to whoever brings the biggest club. When you only get to vote for one car in each class the vast majority of people will vote for their buddy. With a peer judged show the best car may not always win, as with most things in life unfortuneatly, "it's who you know".
y2kgt01
¯
Member # 1257

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for y2kgt01  Ford pictures for y2kgt01    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
next year there should be a comittee to vote that actually knows something about mustangs, rather than some 50 year old senior citizen bridge group. i think they should get rid of the peer voting because the last 2 years it hasnt worked out well at all, just my .02 again

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com