Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Events/Shows/Cruises   » Whose car is this ?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Whose car is this ?
UKCobra
¯
Member # 1240

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for UKCobra  Ford pictures for UKCobra  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I was asked to look at the hood of this vehicle to compare the similarities to a 95 Cobra R.

Whilst I could not see the underside, the fit and colour matching was very good. I'd like to find out whose car it is, as the next time I'd like to see the underside.

I believe the owner left before the awards, as I did not get a chance to talk to him.

Thanks

Mark

[ June 30, 2002, 07:05 PM: Message edited by: UKCobra ]

--------------------
1994 Mustang Cobra Pace Car #938
1995 Mustang Cobra R #61

Posts: 436 | From: Reading, UNITED KINGDOM | Registered: May 2002  |  :
Blu50Stang
CAFords OG
Member # 489

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blu50Stang  Ford pictures for Blu50Stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That would be Stanger91's car. The bra was only on there for protection from rock chips since he was driing down from Sac that morning. The fit of the hood was very nice. The underside(while I wasn't paying great attention) was detailed. The thing that it lacks is the vent in the cowl area.

--------------------
Ross
'88 GT - 5.0&SF 4/04 | MM&FF 8/09 | MM&FF 79-93 Mustang Performance Cover 12/12
'17 GT350R

UKCobra
¯
Member # 1240

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for UKCobra  Ford pictures for UKCobra  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Blu50Stang:
That would be Stanger91's car. The bra was only on there for protection from rock chips since he was driing down from Sac that morning. The fit of the hood was very nice. The underside(while I wasn't paying great attention) was detailed. The thing that it lacks is the vent in the cowl area.

Thats right about the vent missing on the drivers side. I'd like to know the manufacturer, as it was a real good copy.

Mark

--------------------
1995 Mustang Cobra R #61

youl luz
¯
Member # 53

Ford Icon 5 posted      Profile for youl luz  Ford pictures for youl luz  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Any idea why they would make that hood w/ no drivers side vent? IM looking for a nice 95R hood for my car but it has to have both vents..

[ June 30, 2002, 07:21 PM: Message edited by: youl luz ]

Posts: 1663 | From: bay area/SAC cali. | Registered: Jun 2000  |  :
stanger91
¯
Member # 397

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stanger91  Ford pictures for stanger91  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I dont know who made the Hood, i will have to call Dugan Racing and see who they used for it. The outlines for the vents are there, but they are not cut out. The underside is completly detailed also.

--------------------
E.T 12.314@126.300

Posts: 778 | From: Sacramento, CA | Registered: Aug 2001  |  :
UKCobra
¯
Member # 1240

quote:
Originally posted by youl luz:
Any idea why they would make that hood w/ no drivers side vent? IM looking for a nice 95R hood for my car but it has to have both vents..

I would guess for those with a Stock Motor, and does not need to get the heat out. Although I found that the hood was pretty good at dispersing the heat.

Mark

[ June 30, 2002, 07:47 PM: Message edited by: UKCobra ]

--------------------
1995 Mustang Cobra R #61

stanger91
¯
Member # 397

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stanger91  Ford pictures for stanger91  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I just looked at the cowl part for a vent on the drivers side. There is one there. its etched in, ready to be punched out. Just hasnt been punched out yet. And its only on the drivers side?

[ June 30, 2002, 08:23 PM: Message edited by: stanger91 ]

--------------------
E.T 12.314@126.300

UKCobra
¯
Member # 1240

quote:
Originally posted by stanger91:
I just looked at the cowl part for a vent on the drivers side. There is one there. its etched in, ready to be punched out. Just hasnt been punched out yet. And its only on the drivers side?

Mine has been punched out, next time we're at a show, I'd like to take a look at the underside. You never know when I may need to replace mine !

Mark

--------------------
1995 Mustang Cobra R #61

stanger91
¯
Member # 397

Dugan said the hood is a Kaneen???

--------------------
E.T 12.314@126.300

98ponygal
Board Blondie
Member # 1393

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 98ponygal  Ford pictures for 98ponygal  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Doogy.... ur car is very nice babes..... Looks great !

--------------------
~* Ashleigh *~
http://community.webshots.com/album/68102500CVFrNy

Posts: 596 | From: sacramento | Registered: Jun 2002  |  :
saleen00925
¯
Member # 1302

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for saleen00925  Ford pictures for saleen00925  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
bring the R to the next show, we'll have it at your house if we have to = )

--------------------
-Adam Cate
00' Saleen #00-925
3.55 Factory gears, 80mm MAF
13.7 @102mph
2 12" MTX 7000's pushin 1000W
[IMG]http://www.saleen00925.com/images/saleens3small.jpg[/IMG]
Saleen00925.com

Posts: 244 | From: Sacramento CA | Registered: May 2002  |  :
UKCobra
¯
Member # 1240

quote:
Originally posted by saleen00925:

I was thinking about bringing to the Santa Cruz Cruise, but then I was thinking, no Air Con, manual windows, its a coupe....

I think I'd risk the fine, cos I'd not turn up in court and leave the country without paying !

Mark

--------------------
1995 Mustang Cobra R #61

UKCobra
¯
Member # 1240

quote:

Hi Adam,

A trip to the beach, I'd rather be in the Rag Top.

If you and your dad want to check out the WRX, you are welcome to drop by anytime.

Mark

[ July 01, 2002, 08:23 PM: Message edited by: UKCobra ]

--------------------
1995 Mustang Cobra R #61

TRY2PAZ
¯
Member # 97

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRY2PAZ  Ford pictures for TRY2PAZ  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

Hey Adam,
Thanks for the little burn out [Roll Eyes]
We told everyone not to, but you still had to. Congrats on not knowing how to listen [BS flag]

--------------------
http://www.fnsweet.com/pics/events/sj_gtg_1020/sj_gtg1020_30.jpg

Posts: 4033 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2000  |  :
UKCobra
¯
Member # 1240

quote:

Might drive it to the Sic Crew BBQ If I go.

Mark

--------------------
1995 Mustang Cobra R #61

Javier
¯
Member # 547

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Javier  Ford pictures for Javier    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey Mark

thats a nice Cobra R you have there..

How many miles do yo have on it.

UKCobra
¯
Member # 1240

quote:
Originally posted by javier:
Hey Mark

thats a nice Cobra R you have there..

How many miles do yo have on it.

Thanks Javier,

It has 6000 miles on it, thats the reason why I can't register it. CA requires 7500 on out of state vehicles.

Mark

--------------------
1995 Mustang Cobra R #61

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com