Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » Dyno and Tuning Day- AED (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Dyno and Tuning Day- AED
MAXPSI
¯
Member # 8093

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MAXPSI  Ford pictures for MAXPSI    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
TUNE DAY SATURDAY APRIL 2ND
4325 PRODUCT DRIVE
SHINGLE SPRINGS, CA 95682

Tony Gonyon is flying into California from Florida for a day of dyno tuning at AED. Tony has extensive experience tune all GM, Ford, and Chrysler products. Tony has SCT, Diablo, and HP tuning software available and will have SCT handheld devices available for purchase on the tune day if you need one.

For more information please contact me through PM.

Tony has been tuning my car for a few years now. He one of the tuners that listens to his customers and delivers what they want. I have personally seen him tune everything from a CAI S197 to a Ford GT with an aftermarket motor, heads, cams, exhaust and huge Whipple blower to the 800 rwhp mark. He knows his stuff and, not only is he good at his job, he is personable and easy to talk to. One of the best all around professionals within the Mustang world I have dealt with.

Spots are filling up fast so let me know ASAP.

--------------------
quote:
Just your average turbo'd Mustang 530 rwhp 550 rwtq

*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *EPIK*  Ford pictures for *EPIK*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I don't need a tune, but can I come up to make a few dyno pulls?

--------------------
=91 Notch:12.31@110 **Under Construction**
=05 CTS-V: 418rwhp/393rwtq=13.01@111

http://www.djepikmusic.com

Sco Cuddie
¯
Member # 6757

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sco Cuddie  Ford pictures for Sco Cuddie    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'd be interested in both a dyno and tune.
MAXPSI
¯
Member # 8093

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MAXPSI  Ford pictures for MAXPSI    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by *EPIK*:
I don't need a tune, but can I come up to make a few dyno pulls?

Yes, I have no idea how much it will be. Here is the kicker, you will be the last priority and we will be getting people who need tuning on and off the dyno. Sometimes, especially with the Ford GTs, it is a pain in the ass. We have several cars that will be making north of 500 rwhp and two Ford GTs lined up. My best suggestion is just to show up and most likely, we can throw you on the dyno during Tony's lunch break.

These are good questions! I will be sending Tony an email just to ask him a few things!

--------------------
quote:

MAXPSI
¯
Member # 8093

quote:
Originally posted by Sco Cuddie:
I'd be interested in both a dyno and tune.

Awesome! Let me know ASAP if you are a for sure and I will add you to the list. Shoot me a PM and with your name and car and we can get the ball rolling.

Thanks!

--------------------
quote:

50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50 Deep  Ford pictures for 50 Deep  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I will be there

--------------------
Signature Wheel Ford Representative
Email: Terrance@Signaturewheel.com
Instagram: @Signature_Wheel_Mustang
Web: www.SignatureWheel.com

Posts: 6043 | From: sacramento | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
03SVTPower
CAFords OG
Member # 518

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 03SVTPower  Ford pictures for 03SVTPower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Might have to make a run up there just to see some cars get dynoed!!

Is this guy going to have software to tune vettes? Might know a few vette guys who want a better than stock tune...

--------------------
2003 Redfire "AED" Cobra R.I.P

MAXPSI
¯
Member # 8093

Tony will have software to tune anything. He always brings some MAFia's and SCT tuenrs with him. He also uses HP tuning software and Diablo. If your friend's need a tune, they should come.

So far we have 6-7 Mustangs confirmed for tuning and two Ford GTs.

The GTs are usually pretty modified and put down in the low 600 to high 700 rwhp range.

I hoping for somewhere near 600 rwhp if I put my car on for a tune.

--------------------
quote:

MAXPSI
¯
Member # 8093

quote:
Originally posted by 50 Deep:
I will be there

I may go down the night before for some good times and a little street play.

Tony is flying in Friday and may do some data logging and drivability tuning on Friday.

Let me know if want to meet up with us to play around.

--------------------
quote:

1fastmach1
¯
Member # 10137

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1fastmach1  Ford pictures for 1fastmach1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
could he tune a anderson pms for a 89lx 347 not many people now about it and dont wanna mess with it

--------------------
REDLINE MOTORSPORTS CC EST 2011
1993 CHP sold
2004 mach 1 408 Windsor n20 fed
R.I.P. JORGE GUTIERREZ JR
6/13/1982- 11/05/2013

Posts: 2592 | From: clawwwitter to 7th st | Registered: Jul 2010  |  :
MAXPSI
¯
Member # 8093

I have no idea what Anderson PMS is. With the HP tuning he can pretty overwrite any tune on any vehicle.

I will send him an email and ask.

--------------------
quote:

MAXPSI
¯
Member # 8093

quote:
Originally posted by 79 cobra:
could he tune a anderson pms for a 89lx 347 not many people now about it and dont wanna mess with it

So he said the following:

Yes he can tune that, but you should know there is no tuning for drivability below 2000 RPMs. He suggested Quarterhorse as a better option for tuning your car.

I have no idea what either of them are. So I am really no help.

Good luck and hope to see you there.

--------------------
quote:

1fastmach1
¯
Member # 10137

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1fastmach1  Ford pictures for 1fastmach1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
no problem its a track car so driveabilty is not a issue under 2000 just need my fuel and timing tables tuned in

--------------------
REDLINE MOTORSPORTS CC EST 2011
1993 CHP sold
2004 mach 1 408 Windsor n20 fed
R.I.P. JORGE GUTIERREZ JR
6/13/1982- 11/05/2013

Posts: 2592 | From: clawwwitter to 7th st | Registered: Jul 2010  |  :
93 hatch
¯
Member # 8100

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93 hatch  Ford pictures for 93 hatch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If u want to know how to use the pms u need to call . if I post on here I will have to write a book to explain to u how to set it up . or go Andersons website and download the user guide but it wont tell u everything u need to know . yes there is for tuning for drivability if you know how to use it !

[ March 15, 2011, 12:25 PM: Message edited by: 87 hatch ]

--------------------
Dart shp 364 AFR 195.off the shelf cam TKO 600 twin disc RST 11.36 @ 120 N/A

Posts: 502 | From: sants rosa | Registered: Dec 2007  |  :
93PONY
Mr. Valve Events
Member # 60

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93PONY  Ford pictures for 93PONY        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
AED can tune the PMS.
And you can get decent drivability under 2K rpm if you set it p correctly.
You can also run a chip (SCT or Quarter horse) along with the PMS for those trickier setups, however most don't need it.

--------------------
www.advancedenginedevelopment.com
SCT dealer
Dynotuning

(916)715-7569

Posts: 4265 | From: Fair Oaks, CA | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :
Lemonade
¯
Member # 3692

Ford Icon 5 posted      Profile for Lemonade  Ford pictures for Lemonade    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Did I miss what time this going to get started?

Thanks,
Lems [Confused]

MAXPSI
¯
Member # 8093

I don't think we have set a time yet. It will probably be early around 8 or so. It will probably be fnalized in the days before.

When I find out I will let you guys know.

--------------------
quote:

MAXPSI
¯
Member # 8093

Final count for who will be there?

--------------------
quote:

03Sn8k3
¯
Member # 8170

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 03Sn8k3  Ford pictures for 03Sn8k3    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
how much is it?and count me in

--------------------
NO JK

Posts: 519 | From: Bay Area,Ca | Registered: Jan 2008  |  :
MAXPSI
¯
Member # 8093

quote:
Originally posted by 03Sn8k3:
how much is it?and count me in

Depends on what needs to be tuned and how many cars show.

In my experienceit is much less than what a normal tuning session would charge since he has so many he is doing.

We are going to Sac raceway afterwards for some grudge racing.

--------------------
quote:

venomis95
¯
Member # 6283

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for venomis95  Ford pictures for venomis95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Video-
Badass 5.0 Dyno
Few pics-
 -
 -
 -

[ April 03, 2011, 03:11 PM: Message edited by: venomis95 ]

Posts: 28 | From: Pleasant Hill | Registered: Dec 2005  |  :
Beastly GT500 TVS
¯
Member # 9723

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beastly GT500 TVS  Ford pictures for Beastly GT500 TVS    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Very nice.

--------------------
91/E85 tune by SHAUN AT AED
700HP/700TQ ON E85
10.78@129MPH 1.644 60FT

WWW.AEDHP.COM

MAXPSI
¯
Member # 8093

quote:
Originally posted by venomis95:
Video-
Badass 5.0 Dyno
Few pics-
 -
 -
 -

Somebody got a good picture of my car on here! Sweet!

Ran 11.05 @ 129 today. Time to update in 50 fastest.

Four runs of 11.11 @ 128.

Had an absolutely great time on the dyno. Tony can make some power on these S197s.

Too bad the cam thing could be figured out.

--------------------
quote:

50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50 Deep  Ford pictures for 50 Deep  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
11.05 @ 129 is quite impressive man. Was your car the new 5.0? What kind of numbers did you throw down before and after the dyno?
Posts: 6043 | From: sacramento | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
MAXPSI
¯
Member # 8093

I was making 540 rwhp and 510ish rwtq. The difference is the was 100 octane which let the tuner hold the timing in the tune and also flatten out the curve a little bit. The HP curve is quite impressive. It gets to 540ish rwhp around 5,000 rpms and hangs there, climbing slowly to 6700. I can probably figure out how to scan the slip and dyno sheet and post it.

The day was a huge success. We had two no shows but everyone made more power. Beautiful weather. Sean at AED is great. If anyone needs Mustang stuff done in the Sacramento area, he is the one to go to.
Went to the track the next day and ran 11.11 @ 127-128 four times. Made one pass 11.05 @ 129.

Raced my dad three times. First pass (listed below) margin of victory was .007 or 1.5' at the line. Neither of us knew who won at first, until I saw the win light on his side.

2nd pass I missed 3rd.

3rd pass was my best run of day, better than the 11.05. My dad hit his transbrake button and didn't wait for a second before he floored it. He fouled (red light) mine went green I had a perfect run and launch. Problem was the starter reset the clock after I started, erasing my run. Oh well.

I was truly testing and tuning at the line launching off of the 2 step. I was adjusting the amount of throttle past the engagment of the 2 step and also the rpm it would get in. I finally settled on 2700-2800 rpms (I think).

We had a good time. I wished the videos were a little better. I recorded them at low quality. The camera is new and I didn't know there were different settings. Got home and the wife and I figured out there was a high quality setting for video.

Me on the Dyno

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PG4YPfKuE4A[/URL]

Me vs Dad

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6q1SpNGEDs&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL[/URL]

11.05 @ 129

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6M3vnM7Tx0[/URL]

--------------------
quote:

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com