Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » sacramento drap strip regs and inspection?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: sacramento drap strip regs and inspection?
915.0gt
¯
Member # 9518

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 915.0gt  Ford pictures for 915.0gt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I am trying to find out the regulations and inspections that they have at the sacramento track. Like how fast before u have to wear a helmet? Nitrous regs? What's covered in the inspection? Regs on trunk mounted battery?
Notch1320
Man Pedal
Member # 2647

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Notch1320  Ford pictures for Notch1320    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
How fast do you think your car will go?

And is it a convertable?

Your best bet is to borrow or buy an NHRA rule book and familiarize yourself with the rules.

[ June 15, 2010, 07:08 PM: Message edited by: Notch1320 ]

Posts: 2349 | From: Yuba City, CA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  :
915.0gt
¯
Member # 9518

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 915.0gt  Ford pictures for 915.0gt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm hoping to see 12.7 on motor and 12.3 on spray, its a gt hard top.

I've been to a track in colorado and my car meets all their inspections but I don't know if they would be the same

Notch1320
Man Pedal
Member # 2647

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Notch1320  Ford pictures for Notch1320    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Make sure the battery is held down properly, and you will need a helmet. If you are running slicks, you will need a drive shaft loop. Beyond that, you should be fine. All the same rules "should" apply that were upheld at your last track, but it depends on the day you go how hard they really look at Sac.
FoX GT
¯
Member # 4587

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FoX GT  Ford pictures for FoX GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Shouldn't he also need a nitrous blow down tube?

--------------------
- AED -
03 Cobra 10th anni 3.4 Whipple 9.47@141
2012 Mustang GT 10.98@125
2015 Mustang GT

Bring what you got and hope its enough!

darkhorse04
¯
Member # 8780

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for darkhorse04  Ford pictures for darkhorse04    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yes if he doesn't have a bulk head. Half the time Sac doesn't even do a good check just show them a helmet and your good. I am within specs except for the Jacket since the rules changed and you need a jacket for any power adder and any et. But they have yet to find my nitrous system.
Notch1320
Man Pedal
Member # 2647

Yes, I skipped right over the nitrous comment. You will need a blow down tube, and also the battery will need to be in a battery box, and/or a bulkhead.

[ June 18, 2010, 12:51 PM: Message edited by: Notch1320 ]

fast 98gt
¯
Member # 9307

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fast 98gt  Ford pictures for fast 98gt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
what kind of jacket do you need for power adders i was thinking bout turboing my mustang

--------------------
98 gt with mark 8 motor
07 p71 crown vic
02 explorer 4.0 4wd
90 gt hatch auto sold
90 f350 5.8 sold
88 lx vert 2.3 5sp...sold

Posts: 173 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jul 2009  |  :
Notch1320
Man Pedal
Member # 2647

Just a single layer SFI approved jacket and you will be good to go.
915.0gt
¯
Member # 9518

By jacket are u guys talking about a bottle blanket? And what's a bulk head?
darkhorse04
¯
Member # 8780

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for darkhorse04  Ford pictures for darkhorse04    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
No by Jacket we are talking that you must wear an approved safety jacket. Means you can't wear just a T-shirt to race in. And a bulk head is a piece of metal that separates the drivers compartment from the rear of the car. If you run a bulk head you don't have to have your battery in a battery box it must be properly secured though. But no bulk head, battery must be in an approved battery box. And a blow down tube is very cheap and worth it. Don't ever take the change of having a bottle blow off in your car. Don't forget nitrous associated with a car is none breathable. I have had a bottle blow off once and scared the crap out of me, but luckily it had a blow down tube.

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com