Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » 50 Fastest List (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: 50 Fastest List
Notch1320
Man Pedal
Member # 2647

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Notch1320  Ford pictures for Notch1320    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Drew and I will be updating the 50 Fastest List soon. We will be cleaning up the list and changing a few things as well. In addition to the current rules, the following will be added:

1. All runs will require a date so we can keep track of when the pass was made. This will keep the list fresh, and active because we are going to put a 2 year maximum on each run. If you improve your ET, we will update the date it happened and the clock will restart. If you do not improve on your run by the 2 year mark, you will be removed from the list.

2. You must be an active member,reside in Northern California and still own the car that made the pass.

3. All runs must be proven with a scanned time slip. Videos are also always welcome and entertaining.

The Drag Racing Section has slowed down tremendously over the past few years, and we would like to see it become a little more active with some friendly competition.

I know a few of these cars on the list have been on here for quite some time and not everyone is going to be able to recall the exact date the pass was made. Please be honest, and give us an accurate date to use. If you still have the time slip, please scan and post it so everyone can have a look. I am open to suggestion to what we do date wise with those who do not have a time slip, or proof of the runs currently on the list.

Feedback is always welcome. We are trying to get a few more people from this site out to the track, and improving their driving skills, cars performance while stirring up friendly competition between members.

Drew and I will be attempting to contact the current 50 people on the list via PM's. This process may take a little while to work through, so be patient. Any info you guys have on anyone currently on the list who you know is no longer a member, sold the car or moved out of state please let us know so we are not wasting our time trying to track them down.

Spread the word, and we will see you at the track soon!!!

Posts: 2349 | From: Yuba City, CA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  :
Pure Stang
¯
Member # 7251

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pure Stang  Ford pictures for Pure Stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
cool stuff. cafords stepping up one section at a time [patriot]

--------------------
HEART BREAKER

R.I.P Willie Guzman (5ltrsvt) you will be missed brother.
04/24/87 - 11/23/2012

90 lx 347 RIP
86 gt
89 lx- next project

SLPR93
¯
Member # 8769

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLPR93  Ford pictures for SLPR93  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[patriot]
1320MASTER
¯
Member # 773

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1320MASTER  Ford pictures for 1320MASTER  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Nicely done Shaun.

--------------------
EA Smog Tech/Smog Lic/ASE Master Tech
93 SSP Coupe 440ci sbf coming soon

Posts: 593 | From: Sacramento Calif | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
2stangs69-91
¯
Member # 1951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2stangs69-91  Ford pictures for 2stangs69-91    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
hmm I might not be able to find a copy? and it is less than 2 years? Then I am just gone?

--------------------
69 Mustang on hold
1991 LX hatch getting a make over
1994 F150 4X4 351
2006 Yamaha V-max 1200 Modded

Notch1320
Man Pedal
Member # 2647

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Notch1320  Ford pictures for Notch1320    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 2stangs69-91:
hmm I might not be able to find a copy? and it is less than 2 years? Then I am just gone?

PM Sent
warhorse58gt
¯
Member # 7702

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for warhorse58gt  Ford pictures for warhorse58gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
good to hear.. but i have a problem with the 2 year limit.. if you still have the same car and combo. yet haven't went any faster. i don't think you should be removed from the list.. if you still own/racing it, but have never went faster than your fastest time.. why should you be taking off the list? you still have it.. still race it.. then the time should still stand. imho.. [patriot]

[ June 04, 2010, 12:58 PM: Message edited by: warhorse58gt ]

--------------------
WOLFPACK RACING

With guns, we are 'citizens'. Without them, we are 'subjects'.

83gt 354ci sbf 9.40 @ 143
77 cobra 2 171ci 97hp of pure fury!

Notch1320
Man Pedal
Member # 2647

quote:
Originally posted by warhorse58gt:
good to hear.. but i have a problem with the 2 year limit.. if you still have the same car and combo. yet haven't went any faster. i don't think you should be removed from the list.. if you still own/racing it, but have never went faster than your fastest time.. why should you be taking off the list? you still have it.. still race it.. then the time should still stand. imho.. [patriot]

We did talk about this, and the rule was brought up to keep people on their toes by improving their combo and/or driving skills, or be knocked out by other menbers fighting for that position. Many other classes including the NHRA does it the same way so the list does not become stangant.
BCINGUU
¯
Member # 2397

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BCINGUU  Ford pictures for BCINGUU  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That's how I got knocked off the list, after dominating for many years... [Wink]

I think it's fair though.

Posts: 1425 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  :
Notch1320
Man Pedal
Member # 2647

Does anyone know if these guys are still active members?

true11
jph311
90lxfoxbody
sicf250
stangsally76
turbo302
BTLDGT
1/4Horse
STROKD
stoauto
Primered Coupe
TangerineLX
00knightmare
87hatch
jaybquick
lotathrottle
Cobra500
Sac67stang
bullitt4110
MAXPSI

I need them to contact me via PM ASAP.

Notch1320
Man Pedal
Member # 2647

PM's have went out to everyone I could find. The list will be upgraded as the info comes in, so please be patient as it may look a little "off" for a while.

twins.... your PM box is full.

[ June 05, 2010, 01:25 AM: Message edited by: Notch1320 ]

jph331
¯
Member # 665

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jph331  Ford pictures for jph331    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Still live in Norcal
Still own the car, changed up some of the turbo stuff. Testing soon.
Pass was made at Sacramento Raceway.
Has been more than 3 years since that pass.

Video of pass
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWyVhKeB6lk

BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIGBALLFACTOR  Ford pictures for BIGBALLFACTOR    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
hey blownmachone sold his car
Notch1320
Man Pedal
Member # 2647

BlownMach1 removed.
HaulinAss Motorsports
Its a STREETRaceCar!
Member # 541

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for HaulinAss Motorsports  Ford pictures for HaulinAss Motorsports    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Still own my car
10.08 at 138
Pass was made Jun 09 at Famoso Raceway
Car is down, so if you need to remove no biggie!

[ June 06, 2010, 09:21 PM: Message edited by: HaulinAss Motorsports ]

Posts: 22469 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :
Notch1320
Man Pedal
Member # 2647

quote:
Originally posted by HaulinAss Motorsports:
Still own my car
10.08 at 138
Pass was made Jun 09 at Famoso Raceway
Car is down, so if you need to remove no biggie!

Matt,

Please post all the required info in the main Fastest 50 Post to include the full date the pass was made and I will get it added.

The time will stay posted for 2 years from the date ran.

darkhorse04
¯
Member # 8780

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for darkhorse04  Ford pictures for darkhorse04    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Good job Shawn! Congrats on making some good changes around here.
SlowStockFox
Stock Fox
Member # 1081

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SlowStockFox  Ford pictures for SlowStockFox  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by jph331:
Still live in Norcal

Video of pass

bad ass. wut was the set up when that pass was made

--------------------
i walk around....dont drink and drive

Notch1320
Man Pedal
Member # 2647

quote:
Originally posted by jph331:
Still live in Norcal

Video of pass

Thanks, I will remove your pass, but keep us posted on any new times.
Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[patriot] [patriot] [patriot]

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
TheBrain
I'm the Real
John Force
Member # 35

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheBrain  Ford pictures for TheBrain    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Notch1320:
quote:
Originally posted by warhorse58gt:

We did talk about this, and the rule was brought up to keep people on their toes by improving their combo and/or driving skills, or be knocked out by other menbers fighting for that position. Many other classes including the NHRA does it the same way so the list does not become stangant.
This shouldn't really be an issue, if the car is still the same, the combo still the same, and the times still the same, just resubmit the latest timeslip. Should end up right back on the list in the same spot. Just a thought

Brian

--------------------
1989 LX vert 342
11.662 @ 116.65 1.57 60ft. N/A
10.227 @ 134.59 1.41 60ft 200 shot 3600lbs
2003 Ranger 4 door
15.99 @ 87

Posts: 1264 | From: Back in Redding CA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIGBALLFACTOR  Ford pictures for BIGBALLFACTOR    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
notch1320 what if you car is still making pass but you best was to years or so but your still close to your best time does the old et an mph stil count.

an since this the fast 50 mustang how about the fast 25 for guys with other model of car's ie lighting mavricks thing of the nature

Notch1320
Man Pedal
Member # 2647

quote:
Originally posted by fasthatch:
notch1320 what if you car is still making pass but you best was to years or so but your still close to your best time does the old et an mph stil count.

an since this the fast 50 mustang how about the fast 25 for guys with other model of car's ie lighting mavricks thing of the nature

We are sticking with the 2 year rule.

Things got the way they are by not having some sort of rule like this in place. It was also put in place to get people out to the track, and working on their combo and driving to better themselves.

If you have a run to post, please send me a time slip or video and all required info.

If you are close to your fastest pass, I guess I would say it's time to get to the track and work on making it even faster.

Post what you have now, and as long as it's in the date window, it will make the list.

[ June 13, 2010, 07:30 PM: Message edited by: Notch1320 ]

BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

quote:
Originally posted by Notch1320:
quote:
Originally posted by fasthatch:

We are sticking with the 2 year rule.
so if i am understand this the list is going to be the 50 fast fords doesn't matter on what model it is
Things got the way they are by not having some sort of rule like this in place. It was also put in place to get people out to the track, and working on their combo and driving to better themselves.

If you have a run to post, please send me a time slip or video and all required info.

If you are close to your fastest pass, I guess I would say it's time to get to the track and work on making it even faster.

Post what you have now, and as long as it's in the date window, it will make the list.

*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *EPIK*  Ford pictures for *EPIK*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Im not on the list, but I think it would be good idea that everybody include what type of trans they are running as well?

--------------------
=91 Notch:12.31@110 **Under Construction**
=05 CTS-V: 418rwhp/393rwtq=13.01@111

http://www.djepikmusic.com

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com