Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » Video Link of Wheelie

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Video Link of Wheelie
KevinL
¯
Member # 2428

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for KevinL  Ford pictures for KevinL    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Here's Youtube link of launch.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yLFWOoAwv0&feature=channel

BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIGBALLFACTOR  Ford pictures for BIGBALLFACTOR    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
nice
94 fobra
¯
Member # 8867

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94 fobra  Ford pictures for 94 fobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
oh shit i thought it just came up that thing really was on the bumper [worship] [worship] [worship]

--------------------
Im done with this ford vs chevy fight with "cafords" members. Aka big block 66 f100 but she's no longer:(

Team SOLO
Chevy Powered Stang
Member # 722

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Team SOLO  Ford pictures for Team SOLO    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That looked fun!! [Smile]

I'm guessing that was about a mid 1.2 sixty on the rear tires...am I close?

What did you do differently between your previous 'driving miss daisy launches' and the 'attempted flip over launch'?

Wheelie bars and front end limiters in your future?

And to finish up the 20 questions...holy bat man...what size tire are you running?

I'm guessing you are going to be making your cage cert useless once you get that launch figured out!!!!

--------------------
'88 Mustang Coupe: 8.02 @ 170

Posts: 3887 | From: Santa Clara | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
forced331
¯
Member # 1270

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for forced331  Ford pictures for forced331    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Geezus!! [worship] [worship] [Eek!] [Eek!]

--------------------
1992 Ford Mustang LX (Original Owner)"Titanium Frost" 331stroker S-Trim, 5spd

2014 Ford Mustang GT- daily driver

Posts: 1154 | From: Sonoma County | Registered: May 2002  |  :
2stangs69-91
¯
Member # 1951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2stangs69-91  Ford pictures for 2stangs69-91    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
lol I noticed before you didnt have wheelie bars on it. Is that going to change now? Cool video !!

[ May 09, 2010, 11:05 AM: Message edited by: 2stangs69-91 ]

--------------------
69 Mustang on hold
1991 LX hatch getting a make over
1994 F150 4X4 351
2006 Yamaha V-max 1200 Modded

strokingmyfords
¯
Member # 8952

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for strokingmyfords  Ford pictures for strokingmyfords    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
that was cool........... C what you get to look forward to mike

--------------------
94 cobra mustang 347 stroker 10.90 @ 124 1.48 60ft in redding
01 7.3 powerstroke 30#psi stock turbo
90 mustang gt wife's

Posts: 173 | From: redding\sac | Registered: Feb 2009  |  :
KevinL
¯
Member # 2428

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for KevinL  Ford pictures for KevinL    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I just can't seem to talk myself into wheelie bars so I guess NO wheelie bars for me. 60ft time was 1.33 due to front end up so high and less than full throttle the whole way-this was during second pass. First pass of day 60ft was 1.27 with me getting out of the groove and lifting just prior to half track. I tried firmer front shock setting and softer rear shock setting for this test session. Firmer front shock setting seemed to slow front end rise just a hair and allowed rear more time to plant tires. With more traction now available I should have had more power available and thus more wheel speed by bringing my retarded launch timing back in a lot sooner. I think next time I'll set my front shocks on their firmest setting and ramp my timing back in much faster and see what happens. That's what T&T is all about.
Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Awesome vid Kevin!

Dave Jr. came up to me at Grudge Night last night and asked me, "Did you see Kevin's wheelie yesterday!?" Then proceded to show me what it looked like with hand gestures...lol He told me that it was the biggest wheelie he has ever seen. Which is something coming from a guy who is at the track 90% of the time its open! [Eek!]

--------------------
AED

1994 GT Bucket that will likely never run
1999 SLOLEEN Twin Turbo Coyote
2008 F250 580 RWHP 1129 RWTQ

Posts: 5990 | From: Cameron Park, Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
HaulinAss Motorsports
Its a STREETRaceCar!
Member # 541

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for HaulinAss Motorsports  Ford pictures for HaulinAss Motorsports    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by KevinL:
I just can't seem to talk myself into wheelie bars so I guess NO wheelie bars for me.

[worship]

Looking Good [Whoo Whooooo!]

Posts: 22469 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com