Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » Sac TnT 5-7

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Sac TnT 5-7
88GtHatchback
¯
Member # 4778

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 88GtHatchback  Ford pictures for 88GtHatchback    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Anyone going to sac this friday for TNT? I will be there trying to get the new baseline suspension hookin.

--------------------
Cali 88 Gt - CHP 347 stroker, AFR 185's, Custom cam, RPM 2

Posts: 32 | From: Livermore, CA | Registered: Aug 2004  |  :
jawsgear
¯
Member # 8080

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jawsgear  Ford pictures for jawsgear  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Will be there with all 6 pistons.

--------------------
Jaw's Gear & Axle
916-922-5297
Parts & Service
Gears, Posi's, Lockers, Spools, & Axles
Custom Housings & Axle Shafts

Posts: 91 | From: Sacramento, California | Registered: Dec 2007  |  :
Notch1320
Man Pedal
Member # 2647

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Notch1320  Ford pictures for Notch1320    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I will be there...Wilson, if you need a hand, let me know.
Posts: 2349 | From: Yuba City, CA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  :
66 AC COBRA
Nitrous King
Member # 904

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66 AC COBRA  Ford pictures for 66 AC COBRA    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
willssssonnnnnnnnnnnnnn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

in the poopratang? bendy gonna make it too [Razz]

see ya there

--------------------
FFR AC Cobra
72 Vega - WCHRA Extreme 10.5

Notch1320
Man Pedal
Member # 2647

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Notch1320  Ford pictures for Notch1320    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Jeff, are you running the evening T&T, or are you showing up at noon?
88GtHatchback
¯
Member # 4778

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 88GtHatchback  Ford pictures for 88GtHatchback    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Did anyone hear what happened on the return road tonight? Everyone was saying a guy on a bike got ran over. Must have been bad to take the guy away in the ambulance.
Notch1320
Man Pedal
Member # 2647

The rider was being pulled to the pits and was sitting on his bike on the side of the return road pulled over and an Alterd clipped his leg while going around him. It sounds as though his ankle is not broken according to the EMT at the track who received an update at about 9:30.They did take him to the hospital in the Amber-Lamps.

KevinL put his car on the bumper and came down pretty hard. The headers and oil pan took some damage, but he was ok. Pretty aggresive launch!!! I sure hope someone got some good pics or video.

[ May 08, 2010, 11:42 AM: Message edited by: Notch1320 ]

88GtHatchback
¯
Member # 4778

Good to know he is ok. I was hoping someone would get some video of that launch. I didn't see it but my girlfriend said he almost flipped over backwards.

I was having problems the whole night with the tranny. For some reason it just would not go into 4th no matter how hard I pulled. I was also bogging every launch. 60's were all 1.51 - 1.57 though.

Notch1320
Man Pedal
Member # 2647

quote:
Originally posted by 88GtHatchback:
Good to know he is ok. I was hoping someone would get some video of that launch. I didn't see it but my girlfriend said he almost flipped over backwards.

I was having problems the whole night with the tranny. For some reason it just would not go into 4th no matter how hard I pulled. I was also bogging every launch. 60's were all 1.51 - 1.57 though.

What are the details of your combo? We watched you quite a bit, and could see you were having a pretty good bog off the line. Car looked clean though.
88GtHatchback
¯
Member # 4778

It's a 347, AFR 185 heads, RPM 2, custom cam, longtubes. It makes about 360hp 380tq. I am still running the stock T-5 with about 120k on it. For some reason it still lives. I had just changed the fluid out for some non synthetic hoping it would shift a little better. I don't think that it liked it.

Suspension wise the front is just 150lb coil overs with tokico illumina struts. Out back it a full baseline setup. Relocated uppers, solid lowers, and arb.

I was running 13.5psi in the et drags and launching off the 2-step at 5200RPM. What would be better for the bog, upping the PSI or the RPM?

I've also got a wicked vibration at the top end of the track. The tires aren't balanced but I didn't think that was needed with slicks. Could the driveshaft cause that bad of a vibration?

--------------------

blown95svt
¯
Member # 8893

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for blown95svt  Ford pictures for blown95svt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
what time you guys going? i might head out there and watch!

--------------------
95 cobra blown 331 gr40 suspension
***NEED QUALITY WORK FOR HALF THE PRICE? I DO SIDE JOBS! PM FOR DETAILS***
www.norcalmotorcompany.com

Posts: 1434 | From: roseville | Registered: Jan 2009  |  :
Pure Stang
¯
Member # 7251

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pure Stang  Ford pictures for Pure Stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
hey we got similar set ups. what did you run?

--------------------
HEART BREAKER

R.I.P Willie Guzman (5ltrsvt) you will be missed brother.
04/24/87 - 11/23/2012

90 lx 347 RIP
86 gt
89 lx- next project

KevinL
¯
Member # 2428

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for KevinL  Ford pictures for KevinL    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
My wife was there and got it all on video. I'll try and convert the video format and load it on youtube later today. Car is fine except for a slightly dented oil pan (no leaks and good pressure) and maybe a couple of slightly dented header tubes. Car hooked like a motha! I did 2 burnouts which I think really put those tires in the Moon shot hook zone. It was fun but at the same time I don't want to make it a habit. Maybe wheelie bars are in my future.
KL

Notch1320
Man Pedal
Member # 2647

No sissy sticks Kevin!!! A serious car such as yours that is sorted out, and has all kinds of data to back it up works! Deviating from the normal proven process of the burnout probably would have allowed the car to launch just as it usually does. Maybe some front end limiters and add a little weight to the nose would solve the issue?

Your car is clean as hell, and runs hard! Keep up the good work, and get it back out soon.

I find it very impressive when any 7 second capable car goes to the track, and puts down some serious numbers pass after pass and you never even opened the hood.

Notch1320
Man Pedal
Member # 2647

quote:
Originally posted by 88GtHatchback:
It's a 347, AFR 185 heads, RPM 2, custom cam, longtubes. It makes about 360hp 380tq. I am still running the stock T-5 with about 120k on it. For some reason it still lives. I had just changed the fluid out for some non synthetic hoping it would shift a little better. I don't think that it liked it.

Suspension wise the front is just 150lb coil overs with tokico illumina struts. Out back it a full baseline setup. Relocated uppers, solid lowers, and arb.

I was running 13.5psi in the et drags and launching off the 2-step at 5200RPM. What would be better for the bog, upping the PSI or the RPM?

I've also got a wicked vibration at the top end of the track. The tires aren't balanced but I didn't think that was needed with slicks. Could the driveshaft cause that bad of a vibration?

Did the new baseline stuff drop your 60' times? I would try more RPM honestly...
88GtHatchback
¯
Member # 4778

I think in the end it will 60' better. Every 60' was 1.51 - 1.57. Not bad but its about the same as before. The only difference is I wasn't bogging before. There is still a ton of room for improvement. Last time out with stock uppers it went 11.57 @ 119 with a 1.52 60'. I never got a full run last night after the first run of 11.59.

--------------------

Notch1320
Man Pedal
Member # 2647

Balance your slicks, and up the RPM on launch to 5400, and then try 5600. I wouldn't add anything to the slicks, but start lowering the pressure little by little. Only make one adjustment at a time and get a few passes on each change.

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com