Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » Drag Racing 3/20/2010

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Drag Racing 3/20/2010
ratfast
¯
Member # 8720

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ratfast  Ford pictures for ratfast    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Lot of cars at the Test and Tune today. Three passes for $50. [Frown] I would of thought they could put down some VHT for test and tune though. Seems like the more I go out to Sac Raceway, the more I appreciate every other track I've raced at.

--------------------
'93 White notch all stock

Posts: 604 | From: roseville, california | Registered: Oct 2008  |  :
88GtHatchback
¯
Member # 4778

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 88GtHatchback  Ford pictures for 88GtHatchback    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm pretty sure they did put VHT down at the beginning of the day. I'm not sure if they resprayed it later though. I didn't have any traction problems. All of my 60' were in the 1.5 range with a best of 1.52. There was a ton of people out there for a test and tune. It was the first nice saturday of the year. I got 5 runs in. I was in the red '88 with the black hood.

--------------------
Cali 88 Gt - CHP 347 stroker, AFR 185's, Custom cam, RPM 2

Posts: 32 | From: Livermore, CA | Registered: Aug 2004  |  :
ratfast
¯
Member # 8720

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ratfast  Ford pictures for ratfast    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
My first 60 ft was my best. I continued to get slower as the day went on. I did arrive late, but talked to some of the other cars that arrived at noon, and they got the same number of passes. I had the white '93 notch.

--------------------

Slow05GT
¯
Member # 8408

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Slow05GT  Ford pictures for Slow05GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by ratfast:
My first 60 ft was my best. I continued to get slower as the day went on. I did arrive late, but talked to some of the other cars that arrived at noon, and they got the same number of passes. I had the white '93 notch.

You had that procharged notch? That car cooks man, but it did seem like you were having trouble getting out the whole... But I went up there with a few different people and they are were hooking fine including one drag bike..
Posts: 2233 | From: Natomas, ca | Registered: May 2008  |  :
ratfast
¯
Member # 8720

The biggest problem I have is the car is not set up to transfer weight. It is set up to go around corners. I have a car set up for drag racing that is street legal, just not a lot of fun to drive on the street. The mustang is supposed to accelerate, brake, handle, get 20 mpg on the freeway, and have the AC and radio going.

--------------------

WickedStang
¯
Member # 7692

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for WickedStang  Ford pictures for WickedStang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by ratfast:

lol +1 My first passes were the best. started getting slower as the day went on! [BS flag]

--------------------
04 mach1 BASSANI EXHAUST/C&L INTAKE
67STANG/CHP 347/BUILT C4/MOROSO DRAG SUSP.

Posts: 1581 | From: salinas831 | Registered: May 2007  |  :
SAMACH1
¯
Member # 7042

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SAMACH1  Ford pictures for SAMACH1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Whose gray GT 5.0 was out there on slicks and skinny? nice ass car but it seems like he was having some problems doing brake stands.... Nice to see he got the hang of it later on LOL... bad ass 5.0, nonetheless..

--------------------
- STREET ACTIONS CC -
Advanced Auto Built
Bob Kurgan Tuned

Wicked Motorsports
¯
Member # 8702

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wicked Motorsports  Ford pictures for Wicked Motorsports  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SAMACH1:
Whose gray GT 5.0 was out there on slicks and skinny? nice ass car but it seems like he was having some problems doing brake stands.... Nice to see he got the hang of it later on LOL... bad ass 5.0, nonetheless..

We had a couple of cars out @ the track for T&T
That s was my buddy from SJ 1st time @ the track w the car also the last passed was the best after that good burnout.Just testing some stuff out and will back real some.
We had the 2 Honda hatcbacks from Advanced Motorwerks/turbo car hit 10.90,all motor 11.5
My bro(wckstng)in his 04Mach/CL/Bassini CB
My good friend had his red in white striped
66coupe first time to the track off the trailer
11.8 after a few tweeks dropped it down to 11.1
Alot of cars we got threw tech pretty fast the stagging lanes took for ever tho good day overall.. after the track we went to Modesto..

--------------------
92Fobra GT40/E303/BBK/Mac's (sold)
89notch 306HO/TFS1/BBK lt's
89CHP 331/5spd/LT's/LM1's (RIP)
65 331/HCI/TCI trans/SOLD

Posts: 2604 | From: 831salinas | Registered: Oct 2008  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com