Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » So I finally took my car back to sac raceway today..

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: So I finally took my car back to sac raceway today..
East Bay 50
¯
Member # 8081

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for East Bay 50  Ford pictures for East Bay 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well, after about a year and a half I finally took my 5.0 back to sac raceway. To say that I was a litle bit rusty is an understatement. It was pure commedy as I "attempted" to do a burnout. My car got sideways and i almost hit the tree lol! I guess I did not get on the brake hard enough. At first i was very discouraged but I can"t lie that shit was hilarious! I know Dustin (Epik) was about to piss on himself cause he was laughin so hard! I did this on three occasion and everyone was cracking up! So I finally take off and I ran I high 12 with 2.1 60 and i trapped about 113mph.

Before I had only been shifting at 6000 rpm (redline) but this time Someone suggested i try 6500. (past redline) I gained a little over 3mph doing this and it still felt like it had more in it. Brandon was working that day and he offered to give me a few tips in doing burnouts and he also offered to drive my car to see if he could get a better time then me. He trapped almost 115 mph and ran a best of 12.4. He said my shifter sucks! ha ha!

I took his advice and I improved my 60ft to a best of 1.70. My best time of the day was 12.1 at about 115mph needless to say I was pretty damn happy. I think my tach is off because i shifted at about 7000rpm and it was still pulling! On my last run my car was almost out of gas so it pinged a little at high speeds on my last run which netted me a 12.2 at 113mph That was with a 1.70 60ft. If i had more fuel iI"might" have got an 11.9 I think I am going to do a couple more tweeks to my car like a tune up and bump the timing and fuel pressure up a little as well as get an accurate tach. Racing is once again fun for me and I plan to go back next week to try for an 11 and then I will ad a 100shot and go for a 10.9 ha ha ha! All in all it was a good day for my 5.0

P.S. whenever Kanye (50 deep) would like to race I will be more than happy to drag his car down the highway [Big Grin]

[ March 06, 2010, 10:09 PM: Message edited by: East Bay 50 ]

--------------------
Kurgan tuned stroked and blown 347 foxbody. boost nukka!

*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *EPIK*  Ford pictures for *EPIK*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Good sh#t Damani, Congrats.Your car is movin!!! I wish I didn't have to leave so I couldve have stuck around to see the low 12.1. I told you the car had A LOT more in it!!!

Not gonna lie, your 1st couple of burnouts were hella comical, but I can't really talk I'm still a noob my damn self...

[ March 06, 2010, 10:47 PM: Message edited by: EPIK ]

--------------------
=91 Notch:12.31@110 **Under Construction**
=05 CTS-V: 418rwhp/393rwtq=13.01@111

http://www.djepikmusic.com

East Bay 50
¯
Member # 8081

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for East Bay 50  Ford pictures for East Bay 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by EPIK:
Good sh#t Damani, Congrats.Your car is movin!!! I wish I didn't have to leave so I couldve have stuck around to see the low 12.1. I told you the car had A LOT more in it!!!

Not gonna lie, your 1st couple of burnouts were hella comical, but I can't really talk I'm still a noob my damn self...

ha ha! I was laughin at my ateempts to do a burnout to. Once you left, I was doing burnouts like john force lol!

--------------------

East Bay 50
¯
Member # 8081

quote:
Originally posted by East Bay 50:
quote:
Originally posted by EPIK:

ha ha! I was laughin at my atempts to do a burnout too. Once you left, I was doing burnouts like john force lol!

--------------------

racsirx
CAFords OG
Member # 1710

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for racsirx  Ford pictures for racsirx    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Congrats, I wish I could have been there, it will be awhile before I am back at the track. What tires are you running BLACK GUY?

--------------------
88 Saleen #564
88 GT 331 NOVI2000
88 Coupe TURBO 9.75@142
95 Cobra R #75-SOLD
06 F250
13 BMW AH3
17 GT350 #5556
GOD'S NOT DEAD

Posts: 20750 | From: Concord & Pittsburg, CA | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
East Bay 50
¯
Member # 8081

quote:
Originally posted by racsirx:
Congrats, I wish I could have been there, it will be awhile before I am back at the track. What tires are you running BLACK GUY?

Mickey thompson E.T streets, I think I need to do a couple of tweaks to it like bump up my fuel pressure and timing. i might be able to squeeze out an xtra mph or two that way.

--------------------

racsirx
CAFords OG
Member # 1710

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for racsirx  Ford pictures for racsirx    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I got some C16 if you need it, so you can crank up that timing

--------------------
88 Saleen #564
88 GT 331 NOVI2000
88 Coupe TURBO 9.75@142
95 Cobra R #75-SOLD
06 F250
13 BMW AH3
17 GT350 #5556
GOD'S NOT DEAD

Posts: 20750 | From: Concord & Pittsburg, CA | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
East Bay 50
¯
Member # 8081

quote:
Originally posted by racsirx:
I got some C16 if you need it, so you can crank up that timing

ya know, I might take you up on that offer. Maybe I can bring it by your house next week? I think I might need your help with a couple of things if you are not to busy. i wanna make sure I got all my bases covered for the next time i go out

--------------------

Mean 5.0
¯
Member # 9822

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mean 5.0  Ford pictures for Mean 5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Im curious, what all do you have done to your car? Stock suspension? What size tires are you running? Gears?
Posts: 93 | From: Sacramento, CA | Registered: Mar 2010  |  :
Jaejae5.0
¯
Member # 7958

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jaejae5.0  Ford pictures for Jaejae5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
we can linem up anytime...ima be racin u in a hayabusa tho [Big Grin] ..lol jk..whats your combo?

--------------------
1987 notchback h/c/i 302 & 70mm turbo SOLD

2000 camaro ss cam only

Posts: 4890 | From: the combustion chamber | Registered: Oct 2007  |  :
East Bay 50
¯
Member # 8081

quote:
Originally posted by jaejae:
we can linem up anytime...ima be racin u in a hayabusa tho [Big Grin] ..lol jk..whats your combo?

heads and cam 347.

--------------------

STREETFIGHTER50
¯
Member # 2973

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for STREETFIGHTER50  Ford pictures for STREETFIGHTER50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Nice! 11 sec coming soon! What's the rest of the combo?

--------------------
'89 Coupe-Kurgan Tuned 498/491RW, Vortech SI, 351W

Posts: 3925 | From: SF Bay Coastin' to Rocklin | Registered: Jun 2003  |  :
East Bay 50
¯
Member # 8081

quote:
Originally posted by STREETFIGHTER50:
Nice! 11 sec coming soon! What's the rest of the combo?

Afr 185's (unported) comp cam springs (not the shitty AFR upgraded springs)

1- 5/8 longtubes ( no cats)

30lb injectors

255 fuel pump

RPM 2 intake

anderson n/a power pipe

electric fan

355 gears

It has some other misc things as well but It also still has a/c etc I think i need to check my base timimg and bump it up a little bit. It has a custom tume already but i think it might of been done on the conservative side.

--------------------

94 fobra
¯
Member # 8867

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94 fobra  Ford pictures for 94 fobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

ill race you busa vs busa [Big Grin]

--------------------
Im done with this ford vs chevy fight with "cafords" members. Aka big block 66 f100 but she's no longer:(

Pure Stang
¯
Member # 7251

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pure Stang  Ford pictures for Pure Stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

heads and cam 347.
want to line them up with my 347 [Big Grin] . I havent taken it out yet to see what it does.

--------------------
HEART BREAKER

R.I.P Willie Guzman (5ltrsvt) you will be missed brother.
04/24/87 - 11/23/2012

90 lx 347 RIP
86 gt
89 lx- next project

East Bay 50
¯
Member # 8081

quote:
Originally posted by Pure Stang:
quote:
quote:

heads and cam 347.
want to line them up with my 347 [Big Grin] . I havent taken it out yet to see what it does.
Sure, come to sac raceway [patriot]

--------------------

50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50 Deep  Ford pictures for 50 Deep  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
P.S. whenever Kanye (50 deep) would like to race I will be more than happy to drag his car down the highway [Big Grin]

What the fuzz ever. Only thing u will be dragging down the highway is my 94 Hyundai Excel when I got 4 fat girls squished in it. 3 for me and 1 for you because I'm a nice guy
[Big Grin] . And u know my lil 306 was trapping 111 before the tune. If I can trap 113 u might have some issues my friend

Car ran Good times though man. You definitely can get an 11 second slip on some slicks. Wish I could have made it out there. Car looked/sounded good when you brought it by the house. Gotta throw a cobra rear bumper on that thing though

--------------------
Signature Wheel Ford Representative
Email: Terrance@Signaturewheel.com
Instagram: @Signature_Wheel_Mustang
Web: www.SignatureWheel.com

Posts: 6043 | From: sacramento | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
East Bay 50
¯
Member # 8081

quote:
Originally posted by 50 Deep:
quote:

What the fuzz ever. Only thing u will be dragging down the highway is my 94 Hyundai Excel when I got 4 fat girls squished in it. 3 for me and 1 for you because I'm a nice guy
[Big Grin] . And u know my lil 306 was trapping 111 before the tune. If I can trap 113 u might have some issues my friend

Car ran Good times though man. You definitely can get an 11 second slip on some slicks. Wish I could have made it out there. Car looked/sounded good when you brought it by the house. Gotta throw a cobra rear bumper on that thing though

Man, i put those exhaust tips on that car back in 1998 lol! So yeah, I definately need to update some things lol! By the way, Thanks for the compliments

PS. You will never beat me!... ha
[Big Grin]

--------------------

Mean 5.0
¯
Member # 9822

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mean 5.0  Ford pictures for Mean 5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i cant wait to get back, sounds like there is some decent racing action in sac still... [Smile]
Posts: 93 | From: Sacramento, CA | Registered: Mar 2010  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com