Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » AED Blue Devil (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: AED Blue Devil
Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
We had a pretty good outing at TNT yesterday with one of our 03 Cobra setups. For those who know the car, you know why it got the nickname "Blue Devil"...lol

Anyway, we just decided to go out to TNT at about 9:00pm Friday night to go see what the car could do on the street tune and I'm pretty pleased with the outcome. The car is a Sonic Blue 03 Cobra Vert, now sporting a Boss block stroker, fully built 4R70W, soild axle and all the other goodies. The power adder of choice is a KB 2.8H currently producing only 15 psi, (will be pullied for 20+ at some point). The whole idea behind this build was to be conservitive with everything and keep the thing a street car with all the factory creature intact and so far we have accomplished that. [Whoo Whooooo!]

So for the first time out with the new setup we were happy to be right back where we were with the last setup that was pushing the limits on everything and was making 25+ psi of boost. The best and last pass of the day was a 10.46@129.8 MPH with a 1.53 60ft, leaving off the foot brake. [Big Grin] [burnout] The car looks great going down the track, straight as an arrow. Next time out we'll be trying to squeek a little more out of it with a better 60ft leaving off the trans brake and further dialing in the suspension.

Here is a crappy vid of the 10.4;

-

Over all goals for the car is to have a 9 second convertable street beast. I think with some fine tuning and the added boost/race fuel down the road we will be able to reach our goals. [patriot] [burnout]

[ March 15, 2009, 04:18 PM: Message edited by: Yellow94GT ]

--------------------
AED

1994 GT Bucket that will likely never run
1999 SLOLEEN Twin Turbo Coyote
2008 F250 580 RWHP 1129 RWTQ

Posts: 5990 | From: Cameron Park, Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
LQ9SN95
¯
Member # 7080

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LQ9SN95  Ford pictures for LQ9SN95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I seen that car in person when I went to AED, thing is nice!
Posts: 8031 | From: Fresno, Ca | Registered: Sep 2006  |  :
djlopez916
¯
Member # 8787

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for djlopez916  Ford pictures for djlopez916  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Gay I named my vert blue devil a while ago ..... [Frown]

--------------------
89 GT VERT work in progress
05 v6 stang
97 Ford expedition

FoX GT
¯
Member # 4587

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FoX GT  Ford pictures for FoX GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What I want to know is who was driving on that 10.4 pass?

"Black Widow VS Blue devil" Coming SOON!!

P.S Blue devil is gonna go down HARD!!

I GUARANTEE IT!!

--------------------
- AED -
03 Cobra 10th anni 3.4 Whipple 9.47@141
2012 Mustang GT 10.98@125
2015 Mustang GT

Bring what you got and hope its enough!

03SVTPower
CAFords OG
Member # 518

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 03SVTPower  Ford pictures for 03SVTPower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by FoX GT:

I GUARANTEE IT!!

I think it would closer than you think if blue devil gets the Mammoth from KB to go with his 2.8...

--------------------
2003 Redfire "AED" Cobra R.I.P

FoX GT
¯
Member # 4587

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FoX GT  Ford pictures for FoX GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 03SVTPower:
quote:

I GUARANTEE IT!!

I think it would closer than you think if blue devil gets the Mammoth from KB to go with his 2.8...
Tell you what he can have the mammoth and a car length and i'll still wipe the floor with him!!

--------------------
- AED -
2015 Mustang GT

FoX GT
¯
Member # 4587

But over and above all i'd like to give the boys at AED a great big [Whoo Whooooo!]

[worship] AED

--------------------
- AED -
2015 Mustang GT

Blue91LX
¯
Member # 8320

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue91LX  Ford pictures for Blue91LX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

I GUARANTEE IT!!

Jim was driving the car a all day.

--------------------
Late Model High Performance
AEDHP.COM

Posts: 164 | From: Cameron Park California | Registered: Apr 2008  |  :
FoX GT
¯
Member # 4587

quote:
Originally posted by Blue91LX:
quote:

I GUARANTEE IT!!

Lets just hope he does the same when we line them up!!

--------------------
- AED -
2015 Mustang GT

Notch1320
Man Pedal
Member # 2647

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Notch1320  Ford pictures for Notch1320    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Drew, It was nice to finally meet you.

The car looked clean!

Hope to see you guys out again soon.

Posts: 2349 | From: Yuba City, CA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  :
Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:

I GUARANTEE IT!!

There is no contest between your car and Jim's. They are built for two different purposes. All we want from Jim's is a 9 second time slip. For yours I want way more than that. [Big Grin] [burnout] Jim's car is a bad ass street cruiser, your car is MUCH more race oriented. Pretty much, there is no reason for you and Jim to even line them up, we already know your car will be faster. If its not then we must be doing something wrong!...lol

--------------------
AED

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

quote:
Originally posted by Notch1320:
Drew, It was nice to finally meet you.

The car looked clean!

Hope to see you guys out again soon.

It was nice meeting you also. I didn't get to see your last pass, hopefully I can catch up with you next time.
[patriot]

--------------------
AED

FoX GT
¯
Member # 4587

quote:
Originally posted by Yellow94GT:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I GUARANTEE IT!!

There is no contest between your car and Jim's. They are built for two different purposes. All we want from Jim's is a 9 second time slip. For yours I want way more than that. [Big Grin] [burnout] Jim's car is a bad ass street cruiser, your car is MUCH more race oriented. Pretty much, there is no reason for you and Jim to even line them up, we already know your car will be faster. If its not then we must be doing something wrong!...lol
Drew, I can really appreciate this type of behavior from you.

--------------------
- AED -
2015 Mustang GT

93PONY
Mr. Valve Events
Member # 60

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93PONY  Ford pictures for 93PONY        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I GUARANTEE IT!!

Just a few parts away from slapping your car on the dyno & dialing it in. [Wink] It already drives good on the base tune.
The Blue Devil threw down 584/534RW through the Auto. I'm expecting much more out of your Black Widow setup once we get those last few remaining parts. Plus....your car is significantly lighter.

Although I believe Jim is a MUCH better driver! LOL
[Razz]

--------------------
www.advancedenginedevelopment.com
SCT dealer
Dynotuning

(916)715-7569

Posts: 4265 | From: Fair Oaks, CA | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :
Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Actually, it was 589/535. [Razz]

Also, not just an auto, an auto with a non lock up converter as well! [Big Grin]

93PONY
Mr. Valve Events
Member # 60

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93PONY  Ford pictures for 93PONY        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Actually, it was 589/535. [Razz]

Also, not just an auto, an auto with a non lock up converter as well! [Big Grin]

Right....I added 1 degree of timing on the last run... LOL
(& 11RWHP AVG across the entire RPM band)

--------------------
SCT dealer
Dynotuning

(916)715-7569

*BlownMach1*- TRMYN8R
¯
Member # 5400

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *BlownMach1*- TRMYN8R  Ford pictures for *BlownMach1*- TRMYN8R  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
lol gotta love jim but we ALL know who was really driving!!! its a auto now though so i think he might get pretty good at driving it now!!!

congrats boys..that damn car has been through hell and back but did last a lot longer than i thought with the original 24lbs of boost he was pushing through the stock longblock(ex.cams)...lol

--------------------
88 notch- MM&FF June 2014 feature car
93 cobra #1879
90 hatch "Wifey's"
14 F150
89 mastercraft- wake tower with some sound

Team True Forged!!!

93PONY
Mr. Valve Events
Member # 60

quote:
Originally posted by BlownMach1:
lol gotta love jim but we ALL know who was really driving!!! its a auto now though so i think he might get pretty good at driving it now!!!

congrats boys..that damn car has been through hell and back but did last a lot longer than i thought with the original 24lbs of boost he was pushing through the stock longblock(ex.cams)...lol

Jim was really driving. Drew was too scared to break it. [dance]

--------------------
SCT dealer
Dynotuning

(916)715-7569

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

quote:
Originally posted by 93PONY:
quote:

Jim was really driving. Drew was too scared to break it. [dance]
Drew got two grey hairs at the track that day. [Razz] [Razz] [Razz]
[Wink]

--------------------
AED

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

quote:

Even before the auto Jim made the fastest pass in the car, which was a 10.4 with the 6 speed. I think some people on the boards are a little afraid of being out driven by a 56 year old man. [Wink]

FWIW, you aren't the first to have that responce, no harm intended. [patriot]

--------------------
AED

*BlownMach1*- TRMYN8R
¯
Member # 5400

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *BlownMach1*- TRMYN8R  Ford pictures for *BlownMach1*- TRMYN8R  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
haha i aint seen jim in a while. damn now what am i going to tease him about [Razz] but its all good drew i didnt take it that way!!!

looks like the famous DREW has been out driven!!! [worship] [worship]

EDIT: oh and Jim is only 56, now i cant tease him about being 78 either!!!!! damn..hahaha no pun intended..jim is awesome and has been a good friend of mine for a few years now. since the first night we met him cruising sunrise [Big Grin]

[ March 16, 2009, 03:24 AM: Message edited by: BlownMach1 ]

--------------------
88 notch- MM&FF June 2014 feature car
93 cobra #1879
90 hatch "Wifey's"
14 F150
89 mastercraft- wake tower with some sound

Team True Forged!!!

SSSSIKH
¯
Member # 8397

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SSSSIKH  Ford pictures for SSSSIKH    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
very nice guys and congrats on yet again another great build!

both cars: blue devil and black widow are beasts and badass...

...someday i wish to be like you guys!

--------------------
AED
WWW.AEDHP.COM

FoX GT
¯
Member # 4587

quote:
Originally posted by 93PONY:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I GUARANTEE IT!!

Just a few parts away from slapping your car on the dyno & dialing it in. [Wink] It already drives good on the base tune.
The Blue Devil threw down 584/534RW through the Auto. I'm expecting much more out of your Black Widow setup once we get those last few remaining parts. Plus....your car is significantly lighter.

Although I believe Jim is a MUCH better driver! LOL
[Razz]

Music to my hears!!

We all know i could out drive jim on my worst day!

--------------------
- AED -
2015 Mustang GT

FoX GT
¯
Member # 4587

quote:
quote:

Even before the auto Jim made the fastest pass in the car, which was a 10.4 with the 6 speed. I think some people on the boards are a little afraid of being out driven by a 56 year old man. [Wink]

If you scared, go to church!!

--------------------
- AED -
2015 Mustang GT

John91coupe
CAFords OG
Member # 18

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for John91coupe  Ford pictures for John91coupe  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

Heeey, hey, hey!! I'm sure you meant "56 year young man". When he's 85 like me he will be an old man.

--------------------
D-2R ProCharged R302 331
1.410 60 ft.
5.784 @ 122.92 1/8
8.953 @ 155.08
MM&FF Feature June 2003

Posts: 1361 | From: Grass Valley, CA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  :

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com