Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » 3/7/09 sac raceway first time out...

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: 3/7/09 sac raceway first time out...
SIC9250
¯
Member # 8216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SIC9250  Ford pictures for SIC9250    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
so i went 11.81@117 with a 1.6 60' foot and had alot of bullshit issues with the car...which i expected for the first time out...car wouldnt rev past 5500??? DEMONS are fuckn junk! [Mad] (its running way to lean still but got it close to being dialed) it was very hot out and the car was around 190-200 all day, rear brakes were draggin so bad couldnt even push the car but as soon as i drove it and got past the initial hold back they only gave me little problems but still not acceptable,the trans was leakin like crazy lol,and i still havent done any control arm adjustments or had a true alignment done on the car (has camber like crazy)...like i said not completly dialed in but decent for first time out..gotts lotta room for improvement im sure...ill have pics up soon [burnout]

drag racers..what ya think??? i know its got low elevens in it for sure but i want tens!! haha thanks for the input..

[ March 08, 2009, 08:32 PM: Message edited by: SIC9250 ]

--------------------
Coyote_Mach1

Posts: 6959 | From: in the drivers seat. | Registered: Feb 2008  |  :
65mustang408
¯
Member # 8681

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 65mustang408  Ford pictures for 65mustang408    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
well the trans leaking is like 7 tenths so i say you got 9's bud.put some 411's and shift at 6500-7000 set your pinion angle at like -2,get a alignment and a thermostat launch that bitch at 5500 and you should be a 11.30's car.then buy my n20 kit for 85bucks and hit tens on a 75 shot.

--------------------
fast and cool shit

Posts: 947 | From: sacramento | Registered: Oct 2008  |  :
ugotsmoked
¯
Member # 6069

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ugotsmoked  Ford pictures for ugotsmoked    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Saw your car yesterday. Looked pretty sick.

--------------------
02 GT - Fully built and blown - RIP
'00 C5 Frc - Cammed and tuned - sold
66 Nova - Restored - 6.0 In the works

Posts: 1585 | From: Rocklin, Ca. | Registered: Sep 2005  |  :
darkhorse04
¯
Member # 8780

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for darkhorse04  Ford pictures for darkhorse04    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Which car was your's?? It wasn't that hot out there. LOL. Try running in Vegas where at 2am it's still 100 degrees and DA is in the 6000's. Sounds like you did good with all the problems you had. Hope you get them all worked out and get those times you are looking for.
darkhorse04
¯
Member # 8780

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for darkhorse04  Ford pictures for darkhorse04    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
well the trans leaking is like 7 tenths so i say you got 9's bud.put some 411's and shift at 6500-7000 set your pinion angle at like -2,get a alignment and a thermostat launch that bitch at 5500 and you should be a 11.30's car.then buy my n20 kit for 85bucks and hit tens on a 75 shot.
I hope your joking!!!
warhorse58gt
¯
Member # 7702

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for warhorse58gt  Ford pictures for warhorse58gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
maybe it's not the demon but the tuner.. i never had 1 problem with mine..and it was only about 70ish.. thats not hot at all..buy some jets to richin up your carb... but not bad for the problems you say you had..what are you leaving at? and whats 1/8 mph? and do you have a t-stat in your car? did you pull & check your plugs after a run?

[ March 08, 2009, 10:52 PM: Message edited by: warhorse58gt ]

--------------------
WOLFPACK RACING

With guns, we are 'citizens'. Without them, we are 'subjects'.

83gt 354ci sbf 9.40 @ 143
77 cobra 2 171ci 97hp of pure fury!

SIC9250
¯
Member # 8216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SIC9250  Ford pictures for SIC9250    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by warhorse58gt:
maybe it's not the demon but the tuner.. i never had 1 problem with mine..and it was only about 70ish.. thats not hot at all..buy some jets to richin up your carb... but not bad for the problems you say you had..what are you leaving at? and whats 1/8 mph? and do you have a t-stat in your car? did you pull & check your plugs after a run?

thanks jon yea idk heard good and bad outta demons but i did have to go alot of sizes up in my jets already but im almost dialed on my air fuel... and the plugs looked really good little lean but not to bad...i dont have a tstat yet and i meant my car was hot(200-210) running not the weather my bad...my eighth mile mph was 94..but i got some changes to do like fix my trans leak, change rear springs, and all four shocks to a more drag setup...then ima get it aligned and runninig right and ima shoot for low elevens with more aggresive launches should be damn close..

ps what mph am i lookin at to get in the tens??? think my car with a good run and completely dialed in could be in the tens???
[Confused] [Confused]

thanks guys for your help

--------------------
Coyote_Mach1

SIC9250
¯
Member # 8216

sorry forgot to mention i wasnt to hard on the car yesterday (launching at 3-4k and shifting at about 5500 and only the last pass did i power shift..) but next time ima beat th shit out of it [burnout] [Big Grin]

--------------------
Coyote_Mach1

SIC9250
¯
Member # 8216

quote:
Originally posted by darkhorse04:
Which car was your's?? It wasn't that hot out there. LOL. Try running in Vegas where at 2am it's still 100 degrees and DA is in the 6000's. Sounds like you did good with all the problems you had. Hope you get them all worked out and get those times you are looking for.

thanks man ya i was the black notchback with the pro stars and the big ass hood lol...i should have pics up soon..

--------------------
Coyote_Mach1

jayl
¯
Member # 185

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jayl  Ford pictures for jayl    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
sounds like a good start though!! just need that 10.9999@ 124 mph haha

--------------------
Facebook.com/TeamTemporary
8.5's TTFBitch!

1SLOWLX
¯
Member # 558

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1SLOWLX  Ford pictures for 1SLOWLX  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I've gone 10.99 at 121

--------------------
Built Tuff with your stuff ;)

darkhorse04
¯
Member # 8780

quote:
thanks man ya i was the black notchback with the pro stars and the big ass hood lol...i should have pics up soon..
Oh ok. Dude you need to do something with that firewall unless you just plan on only racing Sacramento. Yeah 10's you should be running some where around low to mid 120's, just depends on how you hook up and your 60'. Sounds like you got some problems to workout so once you work those out you need to work on your 60' times. Good luck on getting to your goal.
warhorse58gt
¯
Member # 7702

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for warhorse58gt  Ford pictures for warhorse58gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SIC9250:
quote:
Originally posted by warhorse58gt:

thanks jon yea idk heard good and bad outta demons but i did have to go alot of sizes up in my jets already but im almost dialed on my air fuel... and the plugs looked really good little lean but not to bad...i dont have a tstat yet and i meant my car was hot(200-210) running not the weather my bad...my eighth mile mph was 94..but i got some changes to do like fix my trans leak, change rear springs, and all four shocks to a more drag setup...then ima get it aligned and runninig right and ima shoot for low elevens with more aggresive launches should be damn close..

ps what mph am i lookin at to get in the tens??? think my car with a good run and completely dialed in could be in the tens???
[Confused] [Confused]

thanks guys for your help

demons seem to be real picky on set up..but once you get it it's all good.. jake hated his demon so much he changed out to a hp holly.. but other than jetting up mine has been rock solid. if you have a t-stat laying around your shop.. take out the middle of it. and just put the outside of the t-stat in.. that way the water will slow down and not just run threw it.
dependeding on how your car hooks,or in my case how it doesn't. your mph should be somewhere in the 98-100 in the 1/8. you running the jug on these passes? cuase with your problems and you all motor. then for sure dailed in would run high 10's on jug.. now if your jugged then i'd say low 11's. [patriot]

--------------------
WOLFPACK RACING

With guns, we are 'citizens'. Without them, we are 'subjects'.

83gt 354ci sbf 9.40 @ 143
77 cobra 2 171ci 97hp of pure fury!

SIC9250
¯
Member # 8216

no its an n/a car and i wanna get it in the tens on the motor combo i have just gonna work hard at it should get there no problem..and the firewall ya ima patch it up it is just a drag car but i just got it finished and the little details will get taken care of soon..

--------------------
Coyote_Mach1

darkhorse04
¯
Member # 8780

Yeah it's just a drag car but that is just as important if not more than any other car. If something should flame up under the hood with all those holes in the firewall with the force of air coming in the flames will blow right into the driver compartment and will start with wires and carpet.

If you want to hit 10's on motor your quite a ways away. You can do it but it is going to require one hell of a suspension. I seen you post for WTB for lakewood and 4 cyl. springs.

What is your current setup?? That's were we can start and critique your setup.

65mustang408
¯
Member # 8681

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 65mustang408  Ford pictures for 65mustang408    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
get rid of the iron heads and get some nice mild trick flows,eldelbrock or afr's gasket match your intake then 10's for sure

--------------------
fast and cool shit

Posts: 947 | From: sacramento | Registered: Oct 2008  |  :
SIC9250
¯
Member # 8216

quote:
Originally posted by 65mustang408:
get rid of the iron heads and get some nice mild trick flows,eldelbrock or afr's gasket match your intake then 10's for sure

*update* it went 11.60 @118 bitches....almost there and i made no changes...let me finish my tune,cahnge my suspension and hook better and itll go almost tens [Razz]

--------------------
Coyote_Mach1

SIC9250
¯
Member # 8216

quote:
Originally posted by darkhorse04:
Yeah it's just a drag car but that is just as important if not more than any other car. If something should flame up under the hood with all those holes in the firewall with the force of air coming in the flames will blow right into the driver compartment and will start with wires and carpet.

If you want to hit 10's on motor your quite a ways away. You can do it but it is going to require one hell of a suspension. I seen you post for WTB for lakewood and 4 cyl. springs.

What is your current setup?? That's were we can start and critique your setup.

yaya i know im gonna patch the firewall up soon and fix all my other little problems dont worry lol [patriot]

but right now im running eibach drags with an air bag..the springs are cut though and i know thats for sure killing me...and i got hotchkis lcas and adj. ucas...and subframes...i wanna go 4cyl springs in the rear and change all four of my shocks to a more drag setup...

--------------------
Coyote_Mach1

darkhorse04
¯
Member # 8780

Get some drag shocks and find some stock GT rear springs uncut and put them in there. The eibachs do work though if you bought another uncut pair with the bag, they are designed to keep the car straight on launch when not using an anti roll bar. There is a lot of info about suspensions and done right it can really make a difference. Even the slightest thing off like pinion angle can make a huge impact on how the car leaves the line.

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com