Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » STOCK SUSPENSION SHOOTOUT January 1, 2009

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: STOCK SUSPENSION SHOOTOUT January 1, 2009
Team SOLO
Chevy Powered Stang
Member # 722

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Team SOLO  Ford pictures for Team SOLO    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Stock Suspension Shootout “The SSS Winter Nationals” January 1, 2009

THE IDEA:
Northern California’s quickest stock suspension cars race in an 8 car shootout to find out who the baddest of the bad is.

THE DATE:
January 1, 2009 @ Sacramento Raceway’s New Year’s Day Drags (tentative until I can talk with Dave Jr.)

THE RULES:
1) Only the quickest stock suspension cars in Northern California, this is not an event that just anyone can enter.
2) Any slick up to a 30 x 10.5" sidewall designation ("W" tires are not allowed) or 325 (or smaller) Drag Radial are permitted.

THE BUY-IN/PAYOUT:
Just as the Big Dawg Shootout, this will follow the same concept: $300 buy-in with a $2,000 payout to 1st place and $400 to runner up. Fees are to be collected on December 1st.

CARS CURRENTLY INTERESTED
I have made many calls to find out the list from first to eighth and we have the following line-up:

• Dave Bowman - 2002 Camaro
  • George Raygoza - 1970 Nova
  • John Paul (“JP”) - 1991 Mustang GT
  • Paul Frates - 87-93 LX Coupe
  • JD Pepper (“Chris”) - 67 Camaro
  • Herman - 87-93 Mustang
  • Team SOLO (“Me”) - 1988 Coupe
  • Rob Morell - 1971 Camaro

RACE DAY
Details to follow.

If you know anyone that should be on this list, please let me know. You can reach me by cell at 1-408-205-1842, PM, or AIM: TeamSOLO408.

Thanks,
Greg

[ October 28, 2008, 10:29 PM: Message edited by: Team SOLO ]

--------------------
'88 Mustang Coupe: 8.02 @ 170

Posts: 3887 | From: Santa Clara | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
gtowned
¯
Member # 8156

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for gtowned  Ford pictures for gtowned    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
does that mean stock style or "stock" stock

--------------------
Taking terminators off the road one at a time...

Posts: 1106 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jan 2008  |  :
Team SOLO
Chevy Powered Stang
Member # 722

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Team SOLO  Ford pictures for Team SOLO    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by gtowned:
does that mean stock style or "stock" stock

It refers to stock style...aftermarket bolt in replacement parts are legal. No ladder bar or four link rear suspension setups. If you know anyone with a stock suspension small tire car that is in the single digits, please let me know.

Thx,
Greg

--------------------
'88 Mustang Coupe: 8.02 @ 170

2stangs69-91
¯
Member # 1951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2stangs69-91  Ford pictures for 2stangs69-91    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
lol make the check out to George. He will be extremly hard to beat since that is what his car is made to do. Sounds like a fun event.

--------------------
69 Mustang on hold
1991 LX hatch getting a make over
1994 F150 4X4 351
2006 Yamaha V-max 1200 Modded

Team SOLO
Chevy Powered Stang
Member # 722

quote:
Originally posted by 2stangs69-91:
lol make the check out to George. He will be extremly hard to beat since that is what his car is made to do. Sounds like a fun event.

2stang - are there any other cars up your way that I am forgetting? George mentioned Kacie's Chevelle may be ready in time. However, if you know of others please let me know.

Thx,
Greg

2stangs69-91
¯
Member # 1951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2stangs69-91  Ford pictures for 2stangs69-91    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
no sad to say there isn't. I think the fastest street type car does not have stock suspension. I will ask a few guy's if they think there set ups will run that type of number and tell them about your shoot out. Sounds like a fun race.

--------------------
69 Mustang on hold
1991 LX hatch getting a make over
1994 F150 4X4 351
2006 Yamaha V-max 1200 Modded

BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIGBALLFACTOR  Ford pictures for BIGBALLFACTOR    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Team SOLO:
Stock Suspension Shootout “The SSS Winter Nationals” January 1, 2009

THE IDEA:
Northern California’s quickest stock suspension cars race in an 8 car shootout to find out who the baddest of the bad is.

THE DATE:
January 1, 2009 @ Sacramento Raceway’s New Year’s Day Drags (tentative until I can talk with Dave Jr.)

THE RULES:
1) Only the quickest stock suspension cars in Northern California, this is not an event that just anyone can enter.
2) Any slick up to a 30 x 10.5" sidewall designation ("W" tires are not allowed) or 325 (or smaller) Drag Radial are permitted.

THE BUY-IN/PAYOUT:
Just as the Big Dawg Shootout, this will follow the same concept: $300 buy-in with a $2,000 payout to 1st place and $400 to runner up. Fees are to be collected on December 1st.

CARS CURRENTLY INTERESTED
I have made many calls to find out the list from first to eighth and we have the following line-up:

• Dave Bowman - 2002 Camaro
  • George Raygoza - 1970 Nova
  • John Paul (“JP”) - 1991 Mustang GT
  • Paul Frates - 87-93 LX Coupe
  • JD Pepper (“Chris”) - 67 Camaro
  • Herman - 87-93 Mustang
  • Team SOLO (“Me”) - 1988 Coupe
  • Rob Morell - 1971 Camaro

RACE DAY
Details to follow.

If you know anyone that should be on this list, please let me know. You can reach me by cell at 1-408-205-1842, PM, or AIM: TeamSOLO408.

Thanks,
Greg

herm 79 capri

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com