Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » Project anorexia makes first passes

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Project anorexia makes first passes
Don
CAFords OG
Member # 938

Ford Icon 6 posted      Profile for Don  Ford pictures for Don    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Took the coupe to the track last night and had some fun. I was shocked to see a 13.9 on the first pass. This is just the first step in the cars transformation over the next few months. I was also teaching my brother-in-law how to race, so "I" only got two good passes. Next time out I will do my best to see what she can really get, hopefully mid 13's.

13.97 at 99.6 2.13 60'

Car is a 90 coupe
stock 183000 mile long block
bbk shorties & X with blowmasters dumped
bbk cold air
timing at 12
UPR tubular front with coil over
just an alt and electric water pump
Flaming river manual rack
drag lites big and littles 26-10.5 et drags
3.73 gears and a stock AOD

--------------------
06 sti 2.5
95 GT 5.2

Posts: 962 | From: Manteca, CA | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
TRIXSNK
¯
Member # 2844

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRIXSNK  Ford pictures for TRIXSNK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Don:
Took the coupe to the track last night and had some fun. I was shocked to see a 13.9 on the first pass. This is just the first step in the cars transformation over the next few months. I was also teaching my brother-in-law how to race, so "I" only got two good passes. Next time out I will do my best to see what she can really get, hopefully mid 13's.

13.97 at 99.6 2.13 60'

Car is a 90 coupe
stock 183000 mile long block
bbk shorties & X with blowmasters dumped
bbk cold air
timing at 12
UPR tubular front with coil over
just an alt and electric water pump
Flaming river manual rack
drag lites big and littles 26-10.5 et drags
3.73 gears and a stock AOD

I'm just razzin ya but a 2.13 60ft on ET drags [Razz]

--------------------
9 Sec EVO 9 is GONE!

New project in the works.......

Don
CAFords OG
Member # 938

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Don  Ford pictures for Don    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
30PSI the kid needs to learn to drive before I let him go down the track on low tires.

--------------------
06 sti 2.5
95 GT 5.2

TRIXSNK
¯
Member # 2844

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRIXSNK  Ford pictures for TRIXSNK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
30PSI the kid needs to learn to drive before I let him go down the track on low tires.

I understand [Big Grin]

.......so i take it you're his father [Confused]

--------------------
9 Sec EVO 9 is GONE!

sic ls1
¯
Member # 7036

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sic ls1  Ford pictures for sic ls1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Def more in it.. I hit a 13.6 with more then less of what the car has

--------------------
1988 lx coupe. Exhaust,4:10's 13.6 @ 100mph
2001 ss camaro 11.55 @ 123 415/372

Don
CAFords OG
Member # 938

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Don  Ford pictures for Don    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
No my brother-in-law. He is 18.

--------------------
06 sti 2.5
95 GT 5.2

Don
CAFords OG
Member # 938

Next outing I will shot for 13.6 before I put the bottle on it.

--------------------
06 sti 2.5
95 GT 5.2

Don
CAFords OG
Member # 938

"I'm just razzin ya but a 2.13 60ft on ET drags"

You are only pick'n on me becuase I have an STI, and my plate says EVOH8TR.

--------------------
06 sti 2.5
95 GT 5.2

SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SmokinLX  Ford pictures for SmokinLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If You want to bust some good 60's contact Andre @ www.edgeracingconverters.com & You won't be sorry [burnout] !!

--------------------
Dont claim power if ya cant mile per hour. 10 second AOD

TRIXSNK
¯
Member # 2844

quote:
"I'm just razzin ya but a 2.13 60ft on ET drags"

You are only pick'n on me becuase I have an STI, and my plate says EVOH8TR.

LOL well then we must line them up sometime.....but i want the Metro first [Razz]

--------------------
9 Sec EVO 9 is GONE!

Don
CAFords OG
Member # 938

I have an Art Carr C4 RMVB with a T-brake ready to go behind the new motor at the machine shop right now. But I do realize that without a good stall this car will never 60 foot very well. I am just seeing what I can do with the stock motor right now.

--------------------
06 sti 2.5
95 GT 5.2

turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for turbo50  Ford pictures for turbo50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sounds like fun.

You got all the 60foot you need in that little blue bottle [Smile]

--------------------
.........when was the last time YOU built something with YOUR own hands?

I offer quality sidework at reasonable prices. PM ME

Posts: 7606 | From: Discovery Bay, California | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
514 Mullet
¯
Member # 7402

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 514 Mullet  Ford pictures for 514 Mullet    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I dont think he will have too many issues making a foxbody hook to begin with. I remember some years back his Mustang did 1.5's which is not too bad. He's still scared of Mach 1's though. [Razz]
Posts: 215 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jan 2007  |  :
Don
CAFords OG
Member # 938

Not as long as you put your DR's on backwards again [Big Grin] We will need to get a little race together agian when the new motor goes in. [burnout]

--------------------
06 sti 2.5
95 GT 5.2

514 Mullet
¯
Member # 7402

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 514 Mullet  Ford pictures for 514 Mullet    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Blame that redneck Perry for that. Would have been nice to get another shot at that "other" race that night. I have another engine to now. And I actually bought another Mach 1 last week. But the suspension is more road race oriented. Good thing this 460 has a few more parts so I can do long burnouts though. Buy my turbos so you can go fast ricer. haha
Posts: 215 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jan 2007  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com