Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » Redding Drag Strip Owing Money? (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Redding Drag Strip Owing Money?
MAXPSI
¯
Member # 8093

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MAXPSI  Ford pictures for MAXPSI    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
This was in the Redding Searchlight this morning. It doesn't seem like the new owner has anything to do with the money issue. Someone here might know a little more.

News Article

--------------------
quote:
Just your average turbo'd Mustang 530 rwhp 550 rwtq

Tinner
¯
Member # 2688

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tinner  Ford pictures for Tinner    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I miss the old days of racing on Clear Creek rd. Hopefully it doesn't rain this year for Kool April Nites,the drags are fun that weekend.

--------------------
04 Comp. Orange mach 1
AED built
2.3 Whipple@17#s
605rwhp
580rwtq
10.71@131mph
now with a little more power it goes 135mph+ on 18" DRs

Posts: 835 | From: santa rosa | Registered: Apr 2003  |  :
warhorse58gt
¯
Member # 7702

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for warhorse58gt  Ford pictures for warhorse58gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
man i hope they get it worked out. people are always crying about street racing but never want to open a track to get them off the streets.

--------------------
WOLFPACK RACING

With guns, we are 'citizens'. Without them, we are 'subjects'.

83gt 354ci sbf 9.40 @ 143
77 cobra 2 171ci 97hp of pure fury!

2stangs69-91
¯
Member # 1951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2stangs69-91  Ford pictures for 2stangs69-91    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It does not surprise me that the club didn't know they had to pay it. There is enough money for them to do this. I helped start the NCDRA club but havn't been to involed the last 5 years or so because of the politcs involved. As for clear creek yes those were the days the old 69 did some stomping out there in the day. I did some in the 91 also but stoped street racing once the street legals kicked in.

--------------------
69 Mustang on hold
1991 LX hatch getting a make over
1994 F150 4X4 351
2006 Yamaha V-max 1200 Modded

MAXPSI
¯
Member # 8093

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MAXPSI  Ford pictures for MAXPSI    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
My dad is supposed to be working out a sponsorship with Lidell to help out with the electrical side of the track.

Clear Creek was around (I'm 31) when I started driving, but it really isn't liek it used to be. I haven't gone out there in a long time. Do guys still go out there? I might drive through there on the next Saturday night I'm in town.

--------------------
quote:

Tinner
¯
Member # 2688

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tinner  Ford pictures for Tinner    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm 31 also and when I was in high school there was some fast cars out there. The cops started cracking down pretty hard in the late 90's.

--------------------
04 Comp. Orange mach 1
AED built
2.3 Whipple@17#s
605rwhp
580rwtq
10.71@131mph

Jessie P
¯
Member # 7073

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jessie P  Ford pictures for Jessie P    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
IM sorry I think the Redding Drag strip is garbage. Way to many hot heads out there working as staff who think there the shit when in reality there not. None the less I hope they work shit out.

--------------------
Member of The Track Legion
Know Your Worth... Expect Nothing Less

Posts: 594 | From: Roseville, Ca. | Registered: Sep 2006  |  :
2stangs69-91
¯
Member # 1951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2stangs69-91  Ford pictures for 2stangs69-91    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Jessie P:
IM sorry I think the Redding Drag strip is garbage. Way to many hot heads out there working as staff who think there the shit when in reality there not. None the less I hope they work shit out.

LOL that was another one of my e-mails. I went round's with them on the staff and it has been better this year. The track is improving it will probably never be as good as Sac and never as fast. But it is a 10 min drive from my house so it is where I race. You guy's ever see this car at Clear creek? Back in the day? BTW I have heard nothing about clear creek in years.If it is clear and you plan on being in Redding to hang out some cars show up at the AM PM on the corner of Churn Creek and Miseltoe.
 -

--------------------
69 Mustang on hold
1994 F150 4X4 351

MAXPSI
¯
Member # 8093

quote:
Originally posted by Jessie P:

There was 3 times in 2 visits to the track an official said something to me. Same guy everytime and he spoke to me like I was his child, his inferior, his bitch. I wanted to get out of my car and beat his ass. I'm much larger than him and just really felt the urge but maturity (darn it) got the best of me. My last visit was great, he wasn't there. I did the same things as I did the time before and I asked about it. The officals didn't care. Maybe the new owner ousted him.

--------------------
quote:

Jessie P
¯
Member # 7073

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jessie P  Ford pictures for Jessie P    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hopefully they did something different with the staff. Cuz those guys were a bunch of losers who thought they were the shit when in all reality they weren't. To act like that all the time just makes people not want to come back. Maybe they finally got that through there head.

--------------------
Member of The Track Legion
Know Your Worth... Expect Nothing Less

Posts: 594 | From: Roseville, Ca. | Registered: Sep 2006  |  :
RockerShocker
¯
Member # 6219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RockerShocker  Ford pictures for RockerShocker    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
OH good ol clear creek. Anyone else remember POPs in his primerd DELTA 88?? I used to race him in my 89 LX Vert. ANd id get him by a fender every time. Ahhh.. if only those days where still here. Cause if it was a friday or saturday night, thats where i was. Back when hilltop actually had people cruising on it. Myself, Jon had is Red 90 GT, Matt had his 87 supercharged GT which i later bought. It seems like we can get about 6-8 stangs together still, but its hard to do these days. Kinda sad how the cops cracked down on it.

[ December 24, 2007, 01:23 AM: Message edited by: RockerShocker ]

--------------------
Cheap, Fast, Reliable.. You can pick 2.

Posts: 196 | From: Yuba City, CA | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
0Cobra3
¯
Member # 2901

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 0Cobra3  Ford pictures for 0Cobra3    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Oh I remember those nights out there. I am surprised people even remember the cars out there especially Matt's and mine. Who was that dude with the blue lx convert? Had a DSS 331 stroker with griggs subframes. That dude was cool. If anybody knows where is he is at I would like to know. I owe that dude some money for his lx taillights.

That shit was really unsafe if you think about it.
Fast cars + Shitty road + piss poor conditions + lots of people = possibilty of death.

:-)

--------------------
It'll be fine....just run it.

2stangs69-91
¯
Member # 1951

it wasn't a DSS 331 it was a Keith Craft. He is in Florida and yes you do still owe him for the tail lights lol. I raced you in my blue LX out there(and won) before I put the blower and manual tranny in it. long time no see J.

--------------------
69 Mustang on hold
1994 F150 4X4 351

0Cobra3
¯
Member # 2901

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 0Cobra3  Ford pictures for 0Cobra3    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I thought was you!!!!!! How have you been? You hooked up like carazy that night!!! You were to far ahead and there was no way of catching you!!!! Been out of cars for awile and just doin the family thing and taken care of our kid. Had a little money saved up and bought a 89 notch. Pretty excited about it. We should hook man. What the hell is he doin in Florida? My email is onefast986@hotmail.com.

--------------------
It'll be fine....just run it.

gtstang03
¯
Member # 5472

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for gtstang03  Ford pictures for gtstang03    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
There is plenty of fast cars in redding, But getting them out to play is difficult anymore
Posts: 132 | From: redding, ca | Registered: Mar 2005  |  :
2stangs69-91
¯
Member # 1951

they will be out this spring after the rain. You ready for them? Get your blower on yet?

--------------------
69 Mustang on hold
1994 F150 4X4 351

gtstang03
¯
Member # 5472

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for gtstang03  Ford pictures for gtstang03    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 2stangs69-91:
they will be out this spring after the rain. You ready for them? Get your blower on yet?

I hope so,
Yup, it will be at JEFFS shop on the 19th for a little tuning. [Big Grin]

[ January 07, 2008, 10:08 PM: Message edited by: gtstang03 ]

Posts: 132 | From: redding, ca | Registered: Mar 2005  |  :
2stangs69-91
¯
Member # 1951

He should be able to put a good tune on it for you. Tell him you are a Corvette lover he may give you a discount lol.

--------------------
69 Mustang on hold
1994 F150 4X4 351

Tinner
¯
Member # 2688

We should get some cars together for Kool April Nites this year. I'll be up there in my car w/ a friend in his blown 68.

--------------------
04 Comp. Orange mach 1
AED built
2.3 Whipple@17#s
605rwhp
580rwtq
10.71@131mph

2stangs69-91
¯
Member # 1951

not a problem lets set it up.

--------------------
69 Mustang on hold
1994 F150 4X4 351

MAXPSI
¯
Member # 8093

I'll be there too. My dad's shop is right on the parade route. He has a BBQ for all his employees, family and friends. The Shasta Mustang club parks at Franklin Auto parts (across the street) and they usually invite me to put my car over there. I will see you guys there. If we organize a group cruise that would be bad ass! Just think, a bunch of fast Stangs embarrassing the old men in the Vettes.

--------------------
quote:

RockerShocker
¯
Member # 6219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RockerShocker  Ford pictures for RockerShocker    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Im sure we can get a bunch of stangs together in one parking lot. David, we can get kenny and the other stangs in one spot right?

--------------------
Cheap, Fast, Reliable.. You can pick 2.

Posts: 196 | From: Yuba City, CA | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
Tinner
¯
Member # 2688

pick a spot and I'll pass the word. Also a cruse would be cool , lets set it up.

--------------------
04 Comp. Orange mach 1
AED built
2.3 Whipple@17#s
605rwhp
580rwtq
10.71@131mph

2stangs69-91
¯
Member # 1951

when I get a schedual of events I will get a hold of you and post it up. There are some cool local hangouts and the dragstrip if you are interested.

--------------------
69 Mustang on hold
1994 F150 4X4 351

Tinner
¯
Member # 2688

quote:
Originally posted by 2stangs69-91:
when I get a schedual of events I will get a hold of you and post it up. There are some cool local hangouts and the dragstrip if you are interested.

cool yea , we'll be at the drags on saturday

--------------------
04 Comp. Orange mach 1
AED built
2.3 Whipple@17#s
605rwhp
580rwtq
10.71@131mph

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com