Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » CalSpeed Grand Opening Famoso Private Rental Jan 20 (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: CalSpeed Grand Opening Famoso Private Rental Jan 20
AidanN20
¯
Member # 6019

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AidanN20  Ford pictures for AidanN20    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
CalSpeed & Performance grand opening Jan 19th. This is actually my one year anniversary of my business but we are doing our new shop locations grand opening Jan 19th, 2008.

8534 Golden State Hwy, Bakersfield, CA, 93308.
Any questions? Email: LSInnovations@Gmail.com

As part of our grand opening we have rented Famoso dragstrip the following day Jan 20th (Sunday) and are putting on a private track test day from 9am-5pm.

SATURDAY:
We are putting on a BBQ, free dyno pulls for cars registered for the Famoso rental, come by and have some food/drinks and check out our new location @ 8534 Golden State Hwy, Bakersfield, CA, 93308 in our brand new 3000+ sq ft shop.

Bring down your ride and we are doing photos of dozens of customers cars at the shop and hoping to have a great get together. Everyone is welcome to attend.

We specialize in late model EFI performance including: LS1, LT1, 5.0 / 4.6 / 5.4 modular performance, Diesel performance and we additionally do anything/everything for older small block / big block applications of any brand.

Custom rearend / transmission / suspension / turbo kit / fabrication. You name it, we probably do it.

**NEW* We just acquired a brand new in ground 1500 rwhp chassis dyno. Custom tuning for all carb, EFI of almost any application. We do custom chip burning for all late model fords and reflash PCM for any late model GM / Pontiac. Custom programming for Duramax / Powerstroke / Cummings.
Dyno Rates run from $60 for single pulls to $125/hr for custom tuning and rental. We have half day and full date discounted rates as well.

JANUARY 20TH PRIVATE TRACK RENTAL INFO:

This is going to be a no-corners cut - FULL track prep, track crew staffed.
This is intended mainly for street/street-race type vehicles. All domestic / no imports. We would prefer most vehicles to be on a slick/dot or drag radial for keeping track conditions the best possible.

ALL Registration is PRE-REGISTERED / PREPAID entries. We will not be accepting payments at the gate. All racers will be on a list with a confirmation # from 1-100 and will have to show ID at the gate.

All entrants will receive a CalSpeed & Performance T-shirt (Submit size with payment), Decals and shop flyer at the gate as well!

This event is limited to 100 total cars - 75 full day and 25 half day.

COST:
Full Day 9am - 5pm $100
Partial Day 1:30PM - 5pm $50

All entries & spectators get a free meal ticket for a soda/burger and chips!

All spectators are only $5. The free meal ticket is worth that alone, so its like getting in free!

From my experience of these type of events, some cars hot lapping have the potential to get 30+ passes if so desired. Most wait times are 15 minutes or less per pass and no long staging lanes.

If you wish to pay by mail or in person. Please email the shop @ LSInnovations@Gmail.com. Total will be $100 or $50 for partial day

If you wish to register by paypal please send paypal payment of $103 (Full Day) or $52 (Partial day) to LSInnovations@Gmail.com

You do not need to confirm or contact me to register. Sending your payment will get you on the list and I will send confirmation to your email with your entrant number (1 through 100).

With your payment please give your full contact info of your NAME / MAKE&MODEL VEHICLE AND PHONE NUMBER.

SPECTATORS:

****NOTE**** With this being the winter season. If the event is rained out or cancelled due to weather conditions, there is a 15% non-refundable fee that Famoso Raceway collects to cover their personnel, ambulance & safety crew costs for the event. If the event is *PRE* cancelled due to weather (showing the forecast to guarantee a rainout etc..) then the event is going to be *MOVED* to Sun Jan 27th with no fees or problems. There are no refunds or cancellations on any prepayments. Any driver may pre-substitute or sell their registered spot to another racer if they cannot attend or have other reasons. To do this, please email me and I will change the name for the new entrant.

--------------------
1990 Mustang LX 5.0, 23k original miles
-Forged LS1,GT42 Turbocharged/Intercooled, TH350 /w brake, built 8.8 rear

Posts: 80 | From: Bakersfield, CA | Registered: Sep 2005  |  :
Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
We may have to bring a couple 9/8 second cars down there. How strick areyou guys going to be on tech? [Wink] [burnout]

--------------------
AED

1994 GT Bucket that will likely never run
1999 SLOLEEN Twin Turbo Coyote
2008 F250 580 RWHP 1129 RWTQ

Posts: 5990 | From: Cameron Park, Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
BOTIH8R
¯
Member # 7295

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BOTIH8R  Ford pictures for BOTIH8R  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
did you guys get jims car figured out yet drew
Posts: 1143 | From: sacramento | Registered: Dec 2006  |  :
2stangs69-91
¯
Member # 1951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2stangs69-91  Ford pictures for 2stangs69-91    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Yellow94GT:
We may have to bring a couple 9/8 second cars down there. How strick areyou guys going to be on tech? [Wink] [burnout]

you guy's borrowing a 8 sec car from somebody? LOL just ribbing ya. Sounds like a fun event. You guy's prepping the track at your event?

[ December 13, 2007, 02:35 AM: Message edited by: 2stangs69-91 ]

--------------------
69 Mustang on hold
1991 LX hatch getting a make over
1994 F150 4X4 351
2006 Yamaha V-max 1200 Modded

cummins
¯
Member # 5931

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cummins  Ford pictures for cummins    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
There you foos go with the no import thing again. What about RWD imports like RX-7's, Supras, 240s, etc? I know of a few Supras and RX-7's down south in the LA area that would like to come out and they are all single digit cars that are fully legal and certified to 8.5 with licensed drivers that are experienced with events and competition. And yes they are RWD on full slicks and skinnies. But hey if you are too scared of these cars beating up on the domestics then I guess I see the reason why you state no imports. Well?????

--------------------
Your definitely jealous of my strength and brains. - 68_427_Fastback

Cummins looks like the Wendy's girl......without the pig tails. - JT

Posts: 3441 | From: The Rice Fields | Registered: Aug 2005  |  :
porchstang
¯
Member # 7937

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for porchstang  Ford pictures for porchstang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by cummins:
There you foos go with the no import thing again. What about RWD imports like RX-7's, Supras, 240s, etc? I know of a few Supras and RX-7's down south in the LA area that would like to come out and they are all single digit cars that are fully legal and certified to 8.5 with licensed drivers that are experienced with events and competition. And yes they are RWD on full slicks and skinnies. But hey if you are too scared of these cars beating up on the domestics then I guess I see the reason why you state no imports. Well?????

I think the reason they don't want imports is because there shop in a domestic shop not import. Therefore they want to domestic only.
Posts: 114 | From: Bakersfield | Registered: Oct 2007  |  :
essasin
¯
Member # 4741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for essasin  Ford pictures for essasin    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by porchstang:
quote:

I think the reason they don't want imports is because there shop in a domestic shop not import. Therefore they want to domestic only.
It's their shop and their rules. But, I would welcome all fast cars. You never know where good business would come from.
cummins
¯
Member # 5931

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cummins  Ford pictures for cummins    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by essasin:
quote:
quote:

It's their shop and their rules. But, I would welcome all fast cars. You never know where good business would come from.
Exactly. But if they don't want to then oh well no biggie. Its not like Jan is a great time to race for high hp cars anyway its too damn cold and the track gets slippery. If I held an event I would say DR's or slicks ONLY and no street tires. I think that's more important than import or domestic only. But hey its their event so whatevvaaaa!!!!!!

--------------------

AidanN20
¯
Member # 6019

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AidanN20  Ford pictures for AidanN20    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

Well *Street* cars in past events we've done have had ALOT of slack from the track.

At the last private track rental last month by Dantes (out of LA somewhere) there were some 10 second guys running no rollbars and a few 9 second non NHRA-licensed cars...

The track will be FULLY prepped with no shortcuts period.

--------------------

AidanN20
¯
Member # 6019

quote:

The event is intended for vehicles that reflect the type of vehicles our shop builds and potential customers. Most of those cars are not our customer base. Those cars are welcome to put on their own import track rental.

--------------------

cummins
¯
Member # 5931

quote:
Originally posted by AidanN20:
quote:

The event is intended for vehicles that reflect the type of vehicles our shop builds and potential customers. Most of those cars are not our customer base. Those cars are welcome to put on their own import track rental.
Ya we already know that and we do have our own events. But its just fun to mix it up a little bit.

--------------------

porchstang
¯
Member # 7937

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for porchstang  Ford pictures for porchstang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:

Ya we already know that and we do have our own events. But its just fun to mix it up a little bit.
I do not want to start a heated debate cummins but I have put out the comment that alot of import racing does not have to rules that domestic racing has with it. weight is a big difference too. We did a import vs. domestic race at Fontana one time and there cars were almost 1000 lbs lighter the ours due to rules. The weight difference is usually pretty large. I do not disagree that there are imports out there that are fast but alot of them if they had to play by the same rules us domestice they would be alot slower.
Posts: 114 | From: Bakersfield | Registered: Oct 2007  |  :
cummins
¯
Member # 5931

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I do not want to start a heated debate cummins but I have put out the comment that alot of import racing does not have to rules that domestic racing has with it. weight is a big difference too. We did a import vs. domestic race at Fontana one time and there cars were almost 1000 lbs lighter the ours due to rules. The weight difference is usually pretty large. I do not disagree that there are imports out there that are fast but alot of them if they had to play by the same rules us domestice they would be alot slower.
ya I understand the weight difference. But its really not that bad because most of them are just little 4 bangers. They give weight breaks to the folks at psca for smaller motors too. Yes I do think if they had to play by the same rules they would be slower but that's what weight breaks are for and why organizations such as psca uses them.
Also, speaking of just imports and domestics, well most imports are either FWD or IRS so right away they are handicapped. Imports have a much harder task to go as fast as domestics. I don't mind a little debate here and there its how a lot of peeps learn. Oh BTW, speaking of weight my car weighs 3750 race weight. Its definitely a heavy pig!

--------------------

2stangs69-91
¯
Member # 1951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2stangs69-91  Ford pictures for 2stangs69-91    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yeh but imports just suck....lol
cummins
¯
Member # 5931

quote:
Originally posted by 2stangs69-91:

Speaking of suck, you and AED's nuts......now that's what I call SUCK!!!

--------------------

2stangs69-91
¯
Member # 1951

quote:
quote:

you want to suck mine and AED's nuts?.......I will have to pass on this, I am married you know,oh yeah I am also not GAY.
If you want to play at there track day bring some domestic muscle. I wish I was closer to the track in Bak. it sounds fun.

--------------------
69 Mustang on hold
1994 F150 4X4 351

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

Well *Street* cars in past events we've done have had ALOT of slack from the track.

At the last private track rental last month by Dantes (out of LA somewhere) there were some 10 second guys running no rollbars and a few 9 second non NHRA-licensed cars...

The track will be FULLY prepped with no shortcuts period.

Street cars? All of our hard runners are still running the A/C on the return road!...lol

Most will have roll bars as well. [burnout]

--------------------
AED

1994 GT Bucket that will likely never run
1999 SLOLEEN Twin Turbo Coyote
2008 F250 580 RWHP 1129 RWTQ

Posts: 5990 | From: Cameron Park, Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
cummins
¯
Member # 5931

quote:
quote:
quote:

you want to suck mine and AED's nuts?.......I will have to pass on this, I am married you know,oh yeah I am also not GAY.
If you want to play at there track day bring some domestic muscle. I wish I was closer to the track in Bak. it sounds fun.

There is no way you are married, unless its to a dude. Hell you even spelled his nationality wrong!!! LOL! Its ok I don't need to play at their track I was asking on behalf of others that are closer. I won't travel that far just to play at a track unless its Vegas!!!

--------------------

2stangs69-91
¯
Member # 1951

nope married over 18 years. I didn't bring up sucking nut's . hmmmmmmm who did that?

--------------------
69 Mustang on hold
1994 F150 4X4 351

Red C5
¯
Member # 1561

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Red C5  Ford pictures for Red C5    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

Ferrari
Lamborghini
BMW
Mercedes
Veyron
Porsche

Yup, imports suck. Good call.

On a side note, how many stock 6cyl production longblocks can you think of, other than a toyota with the 2JZ that can handle the power and rpm they live through?

2stangs69-91
¯
Member # 1951

Dude who cares I was razzing somebody. lol get over it.

--------------------
69 Mustang on hold
1994 F150 4X4 351

cummins
¯
Member # 5931

You better watch who you talk to like that! There's some people that not even I the great will talk shit to because I know what's best for me. Who knows........Something could happen to you!!!!! If ya get my drift. Just thought I'd give you some "friendly" advice for once.

--------------------

2stangs69-91
¯
Member # 1951

thanks, but don't worry about me I am fine.

--------------------
69 Mustang on hold
1994 F150 4X4 351

cummins
¯
Member # 5931

quote:

Someone's sig.....

69 Mustang 410 Dart block, F2 Cog drive (not finished yet)
1991 LX hatch 331 SQ SC Daily Driver
1994 F150 4X4 351

Hey don't flatter yourself I don't worry about you. I worry about Red doing something crazy that he's known to do! Straight up Tony Montana style. And you're ok. For now..............

[ December 16, 2007, 01:40 PM: Message edited by: cummins ]

--------------------

2stangs69-91
¯
Member # 1951

my wife would get rich lol...
"Yamaha V-max" designed in America after the American muscle car...bet you didn't know that did you.

--------------------
69 Mustang on hold
1994 F150 4X4 351

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com