Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » 10/27 T&T

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: 10/27 T&T
SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SmokinLX  Ford pictures for SmokinLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Who else is rolling to sac? Me and Uncle Bill from the site will be there. Hope to see some member's! I will be in a white notch with prostar's and I should be wearing a black ca ford's T shirt [patriot] .

--------------------
Dont claim power if ya cant mile per hour. 10 second AOD

HaulinAss Motorsports
Its a STREETRaceCar!
Member # 541

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for HaulinAss Motorsports  Ford pictures for HaulinAss Motorsports    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You may want to confirm that the tnt is still happening. I read on another board that it was a misprnt on the schedule and that it has been moved to friday the 26'th and the first saturday of november. Just a heads up!
Posts: 22471 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :
Purple Coupe
¯
Member # 6342

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Purple Coupe  Ford pictures for Purple Coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i might make it, have a full plate today [Frown] so ill see how it goes!!

--------------------
Custom Purple Coupe:
Best ET: 10.26 @137.11 so far...

Posts: 180 | From: SACRAMENTO | Registered: Dec 2005  |  :
TRIXSNK
¯
Member # 2844

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRIXSNK  Ford pictures for TRIXSNK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by HaulinAss Motorsports:
You may want to confirm that the tnt is still happening. I read on another board that it was a misprnt on the schedule and that it has been moved to friday the 26'th and the first saturday of november. Just a heads up!

Here ya go from their site:

OCTOBER

24 . Wed Street Legal Fun Drags. Open 4pm. Racing 5pm-10pm. Adm. $7, Racing $15

26 . Fri Test and Tune. Gates open 4pm. Testing 6pm-10pm. Adm. $50 car/driver

26 . Fri Motocross Racing Gates open 4:30pm. Practice 6:00pm. Racing 7:00pm.

28. Sun Motocross Racing Gates open 7:00am. Practice 8:00am. Racing 9:00am.

31 . Wed Street Legal Fun Drags - Free tech card to all winners
Gates open 4pm. Racing 5pm-10pm. Adm. $7, Racing $15

I'll be up there again hoping to get the 10 sec slip in this car and hopefully another 3-4 mph.

Mark can you make it out today?

uncle bill
¯
Member # 3953

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for uncle bill  Ford pictures for uncle bill  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
mark and i are leaving antioch about 3pm first time for my 65 hope to be in the 11s. i checked the web site. tonight is the last friday tnt, november 4th starts the first saturday tnt

[ October 26, 2007, 12:25 PM: Message edited by: uncle bill ]

TRIXSNK
¯
Member # 2844

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRIXSNK  Ford pictures for TRIXSNK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
See you guys there [burnout] [burnout]

--------------------
9 Sec EVO 9 is GONE!

New project in the works.......

SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SmokinLX  Ford pictures for SmokinLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by TRIXSNK:
See you guys there [burnout] [burnout]

See Ya there!

--------------------

cummins
¯
Member # 5931

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cummins  Ford pictures for cummins    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
updates??

--------------------
Your definitely jealous of my strength and brains. - 68_427_Fastback

Cummins looks like the Wendy's girl......without the pig tails. - JT

Posts: 3441 | From: The Rice Fields | Registered: Aug 2005  |  :
uncle bill
¯
Member # 3953

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for uncle bill  Ford pictures for uncle bill  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
missed my goal, didnt run 11s. ran 12.4 at 107 have some work to do
SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

Your car ran damn good for the 1st time out Bill! My car ran like shit and I ran a best of 11.6 @ 120 before i blew a headgasket " My own fault as I moved the timing up even though My timing light blew [Embarrassed] ". Time for some good old repair work and then a new tune with the methanol hooked up, anyone know of a good tuner that does SCT chip and HAS experience tuning methanol setup's in 5.0's?

--------------------

TRIXSNK
¯
Member # 2844

Nice to meet ya Bill and once again beautiful car [Eek!] [worship]

I think i have your car on vid for a pass or 2.

Mark - Sorry to hear you popped a h/g [Frown]

When did you figure that out?

I ran a coupe times more and then didn't see your car anymore [Confused]

As for me the car got a little better but still having a bunch of traction issues and inconsistancy off the line [Mad]

Best was 11.2 @ 130mph

It's just like my old Cobra(s).....needs some good tires to make use of all the hp [burnout]

--------------------
9 Sec EVO 9 is GONE!

89Rodknocker
CAFords OG
Member # 2951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89Rodknocker  Ford pictures for 89Rodknocker    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I heard Sheldon at Big Boy Racing knows how to tune with methanol.

--------------------
89 lx (stolen and stripped)
94 gt runner (sold)
89 lx Stock(sold)
86 gt T-trim (sold)
73 Camaro BBC
01 5.0 Explorer limited Borlas (sold)

SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

quote:
Originally posted by 89Rodknocker:

What's their phnoe # and where is there shop located? [patriot]

--------------------

TRIXSNK
¯
Member # 2844

quote:
Originally posted by SmokinLX:
quote:

Sorry Mark don't know the # but they are in Fremont i believe.

--------------------
9 Sec EVO 9 is GONE!

SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

quote:
Originally posted by TRIXSNK:
quote:
Originally posted by SmokinLX:
quote:

Sorry Mark don't know the # but they are in Fremont i believe.
Thank's Patrick and if anyone else know's of someone that tunes SCT chip car's "preferably charged pushrod engines with methanol" I would appreciate the referal!

--------------------

89Rodknocker
CAFords OG
Member # 2951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89Rodknocker  Ford pictures for 89Rodknocker    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What Meth kit are you running? Also what are you using for meth. Washer fluid 50/50 OR pure meth and water 50/50.

--------------------
89 lx (stolen and stripped)
94 gt runner (sold)
89 lx Stock(sold)
86 gt T-trim (sold)
73 Camaro BBC
01 5.0 Explorer limited Borlas (sold)

SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

quote:
What Meth kit are you running? Also what are you using for meth. Washer fluid 50/50 OR pure meth and water 50/50.

Snow's kit and I have a 5 gallon tank of meth and distilled water that I will be mixing up when I run it. I hav'nt got it tuned with the meth yet so I am not using it yet.

--------------------

93PONY
Mr. Valve Events
Member # 60

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93PONY  Ford pictures for 93PONY        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Mark,
Tuning for Meth on a 5.0 doesn't need to be done in the SCT chip. As long as your current A/F/timing curves are good, you can tune for Meth on your own.

Typical tune modifications:
Add 8-10 degrees of timing
Remove ~10% fuel

You can do with with a timing light & an adjustable fuel pressure regulator on your own.

I'd highly recomend a wideband O2 (Summit sells the Inovate unit for $300) & run some race gas as it's hard to say exactly how much timing you can get away with.

PM 2-stangs.
He's been runing water/meth for quite a while & I believe he does his own tuning.

--------------------
www.advancedenginedevelopment.com
SCT dealer
Dynotuning

(916)715-7569

Posts: 4265 | From: Fair Oaks, CA | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :
SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

Thank's for the info Shaun. I will see what I can do [patriot] .

--------------------

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com