Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » Went to Las Vegas and broke pics

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Went to Las Vegas and broke pics
1320MASTER
¯
Member # 773

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1320MASTER  Ford pictures for 1320MASTER  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What happens in Vegas breaks in Vegas.First pass on thursdays TNT my Eaton posi exploded.Went hunting for parts on friday and no luck.Luckly someone loned me there 06 GMC diesel truck and red lighted first round.Thats what happens at WELL prepped track.
 -
 -

[ October 15, 2007, 07:47 PM: Message edited by: 1320MASTER ]

--------------------
EA Smog Tech/Smog Lic/ASE Master Tech
93 SSP Coupe 440ci sbf coming soon

Posts: 593 | From: Sacramento Calif | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
TheBrain
I'm the Real
John Force
Member # 35

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheBrain  Ford pictures for TheBrain    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Eaton strikes again !!!
Tried to tell you they suck when I turned mine into a paper weight [Wink]

Brian

--------------------
1989 LX vert 342
11.662 @ 116.65 1.57 60ft. N/A
10.227 @ 134.59 1.41 60ft 200 shot 3600lbs
2003 Ranger 4 door
15.99 @ 87

Posts: 1264 | From: Back in Redding CA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SmokinLX  Ford pictures for SmokinLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Detroit locker FTW. When are You going to have it back together?

--------------------
Dont claim power if ya cant mile per hour. 10 second AOD

TRIXSNK
¯
Member # 2844

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRIXSNK  Ford pictures for TRIXSNK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[Mad] All that traveling and didn't even get to run the car [Frown]

Anymore racing for the rest of the year or is it hibernation time?

Someone just loaned you their truck to run..... [Cool]

--------------------
9 Sec EVO 9 is GONE!

New project in the works.......

Thirteen Twenty
¯
Member # 7961

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thirteen Twenty  Ford pictures for Thirteen Twenty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yes Vegas is a very well prepped track, I was racing there last march and was very impressed with the level of prep and the attitude of everyone working at the track. The altitude dissapointed me some, the corrected altitude for the day was 5500 ft !
Posts: 647 | From: union city | Registered: Oct 2007  |  :
jmcclesk
Member # 1355

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jmcclesk  Ford pictures for jmcclesk    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
To be fair to eaton. THAT posi had about 200-225 passes on it BEFORE i sold it to you the car. I would guess that unit has about 400-425 passes total, plus a mess of street driving. Brain you had a bad time with your eaton?? TIME FOR A SPOOL AND A C-4
yes someone loaned mark there truck to race. He even won a bet with the truck. The owner said the truck wouldnt go faster than a 16.00 flat. marks 1st pass went 15.82.

[ October 17, 2007, 02:58 PM: Message edited by: jmcclesk ]

--------------------
Ford trained ASE master tech.

Posts: 4024 | From: marrysville | Registered: May 2002  |  :
93PONY
Mr. Valve Events
Member # 60

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93PONY  Ford pictures for 93PONY        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Time for a spool.
Won't break one of those! & You'll drop a decent amount of rotating weight too.... [Wink]

--------------------
www.advancedenginedevelopment.com
SCT dealer
Dynotuning

(916)715-7569

Posts: 4265 | From: Fair Oaks, CA | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :
Team SOLO
Chevy Powered Stang
Member # 722

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Team SOLO  Ford pictures for Team SOLO    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 93PONY:
Time for a spool.
Won't break one of those! & You'll drop a decent amount of rotating weight too.... [Wink]

I agree 100%...and not one of the 'mini-spools'. Why? Here's why:

-

That happened on a grudge night at Sac - only the second time out with car (pass #6).

--------------------
'88 Mustang Coupe: 8.02 @ 170

Posts: 3887 | From: Santa Clara | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
1320 I think you should attend to this BEFORE you attend to the car or ANYTHING ELSE!

http://www.californiafords.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=030358

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

1320MASTER
¯
Member # 773

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1320MASTER  Ford pictures for 1320MASTER  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It's none of your business.

[ October 18, 2007, 11:28 PM: Message edited by: 1320MASTER ]

--------------------
EA Smog Tech/Smog Lic/ASE Master Tech
93 SSP Coupe 440ci sbf coming soon

Posts: 593 | From: Sacramento Calif | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 1320MASTER:

By you selling something ON THIS BOARD AND LYING/NOT TAKING CARE OF THE BUYER, you have made this business of EVERY member on this site.

Edit: Seriously, you have people "vouching" for you. Why wouldn't you take care of this person on this deal you know you were in the wrong in. You edited your original post when you discovered you didn't sell what you thought you did. You have time and money, YOU WENT TO VEGAS, why not say you are sorry it took so long, you are sorry this happened, AND TAKE CARE OF HIM?

[ October 19, 2007, 12:26 AM: Message edited by: hidnn.o.s. ]

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for asskickn88  Ford pictures for asskickn88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by hidnn.o.s.:
quote:
Originally posted by 1320MASTER:

By you selling something ON THIS BOARD AND LYING/NOT TAKING CARE OF THE BUYER, you have made this business of EVERY member on this site.

Edit: Seriously, you have people "vouching" for you. Why wouldn't you take care of this person on this deal you know you were in the wrong in. You edited your original post when you discovered you didn't sell what you thought you did. You have time and money, YOU WENT TO VEGAS, why not say you are sorry it took so long, you are sorry this happened, AND TAKE CARE OF HIM?

Thanks Don, I appreciate you and everyone else that will stand behind me but lets just keep it to the other thread. I didnt want this to blow up like it did and run off on other threads. 1320MASTER is an old school mechanic and racer that I respect for his knowledge and skills no matter how the engine deal turns out. I was upset with what happened but I'll get over it and move on, lets just let this thing die out. [patriot]

--------------------
Three 540 Bimmers and a 5.0 Explorer.... got a Ford back in the stable!

It's time for the country to do what Obama's own father did.
Abandon him.

Posts: 6069 | From: Rocklin, Ca | Registered: Oct 2004  |  :
TheBrain
I'm the Real
John Force
Member # 35

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheBrain  Ford pictures for TheBrain    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by jmcclesk:
Brain you had a bad time with your eaton??

You be the judge......

-
 -

Now I am running a Detriot Locker, am very happy with it

--------------------
1989 LX vert 342
11.662 @ 116.65 1.57 60ft. N/A
10.227 @ 134.59 1.41 60ft 200 shot 3600lbs
2003 Ranger 4 door
15.99 @ 87

Posts: 1264 | From: Back in Redding CA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
jmcclesk
Member # 1355

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jmcclesk  Ford pictures for jmcclesk    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Your just HARD on parts hahahahahaha [worship] [burnout] [patriot]

--------------------
Ford trained ASE master tech.

Posts: 4024 | From: marrysville | Registered: May 2002  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com