Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » Who's rollin out to Sac TNT?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Who's rollin out to Sac TNT?
TRIXSNK
¯
Member # 2844

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRIXSNK  Ford pictures for TRIXSNK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Anyone going?

Thinking about headin up as i got the clutch situation fixed and re-tuned the car last night.

Upped the boost to 34 psi and made 50 whp more.

Should be up around 640ish on a dynojet [Eek!]

If not for sure we'll be out w/ 3 cars next Fri [dance]

--------------------
9 Sec EVO 9 is GONE!

New project in the works.......

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'll be out there watching. Still don't have a roll bar in the car yet, and they were very angry with me last time I ran the car....lol

--------------------
AED

1994 GT Bucket that will likely never run
1999 SLOLEEN Twin Turbo Coyote
2008 F250 580 RWHP 1129 RWTQ

Posts: 5990 | From: Cameron Park, Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
66 AC COBRA
Nitrous King
Member # 904

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66 AC COBRA  Ford pictures for 66 AC COBRA    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Yellow94GT:
I'll be out there watching. Still don't have a roll bar in the car yet, and they were very angry with me last time I ran the car....lol

they shouldn't give you too much shit I was about 15 infractions away from being legal [Razz]

--------------------
FFR AC Cobra
72 Vega - WCHRA Extreme 10.5

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 66 AC COBRA:
quote:
Originally posted by Yellow94GT:

they shouldn't give you too much shit I was about 15 infractions away from being legal [Razz]
Haha! I have extended wheel studs and a DS safety loop! [Big Grin]

--------------------
AED

66 AC COBRA
Nitrous King
Member # 904

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66 AC COBRA  Ford pictures for 66 AC COBRA    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
let see I was missing

chassi cert
comp lic
out of date belts
no gloves, pants, shoes, neck brace
no flexplate/planetary shield
no nitrous blow down tube
no chute

so only 11 [Big Grin]

all is ready to go now minus my comp lic [Frown]

--------------------
FFR AC Cobra
72 Vega - WCHRA Extreme 10.5

TRIXSNK
¯
Member # 2844

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRIXSNK  Ford pictures for TRIXSNK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Damn Drew you've been there soo many times i figured they knew you so well they just didn't care [Razz]

Add me to the list for safety equip needed over winter.....hint....hint....SANTA [Big Grin]

--------------------
9 Sec EVO 9 is GONE!

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

quote:
Originally posted by TRIXSNK:
Damn Drew you've been there soo many times i figured they knew you so well they just didn't care [Razz]

Add me to the list for safety equip needed over winter.....hint....hint....SANTA [Big Grin]

It was like that for a LONG time. I guess they just got fid up.

Really though, it is just way to easy to build a 10 second car now days. [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
AED

season'd 88
¯
Member # 169

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for season'd 88  Ford pictures for season'd 88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB

[ October 06, 2007, 03:52 AM: Message edited by: season'd 88 ]

cummins
¯
Member # 5931

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cummins  Ford pictures for cummins    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey Pat it was cool to finally meet you last week at cmi. Did anyone go to the tnt tonight?

--------------------
Your definitely jealous of my strength and brains. - 68_427_Fastback

Cummins looks like the Wendy's girl......without the pig tails. - JT

Posts: 3441 | From: The Rice Fields | Registered: Aug 2005  |  :
TRIXSNK
¯
Member # 2844

quote:
Originally posted by cummins:
Hey Pat it was cool to finally meet you last week at cmi. Did anyone go to the tnt tonight?

U too man.

Nope decided to hold off until this Fri.

Re-tuned it for a bit more power.

Now just need a TNT or 2 to get used to bangin off shifts so quick in sequence.

--------------------
9 Sec EVO 9 is GONE!

need-a-cage
¯
Member # 5415

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for need-a-cage  Ford pictures for need-a-cage    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I ran one 11.45 at Infineon last Wednesday and the official came out to talk to me.

I want to up the boost from 7psi with my 3.6" pulley to 10psi with my 3.33" pulley when I get my 60lb injectors installed and go for a 10 sec pass. Should I do it at Sac? How pissed do they get when you run under 11.50 with no cage? How may sub 11.50's would I get before I get thrown out? Should I do it during a test and tune or a grudge night?

I know I got a lot of sub 12.00 runs with no hassle when the cage rule was 12.00. However, that was a long time ago and I heard that they are cracking down.

Thanks

--------------------
93 LX Hatch, Dart Big Bore 347, Edelbrock 6037's, Cobra intake, Tremec, S-trim, 60# injectors, Tweecer RT
10.84 @ 128.5mph

Posts: 606 | From: Santa Rosa | Registered: Mar 2005  |  :
cummins
¯
Member # 5931

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cummins  Ford pictures for cummins    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

U too man.

That's cool. So now that you met me I'm more handsome in person than in the pics don't ya think???

--------------------
Your definitely jealous of my strength and brains. - 68_427_Fastback

Cummins looks like the Wendy's girl......without the pig tails. - JT

Posts: 3441 | From: The Rice Fields | Registered: Aug 2005  |  :
TRIXSNK
¯
Member # 2844

quote:
quote:
quote:

U too man.

That's cool. So now that you met me I'm more handsome in person than in the pics don't ya think???
Now that's a questionable statement lol [Razz] jus playin!

By the way i met your buddy Jeff w/ the blue Supra.

Nice guy and looks like he's on track with getting the car to ET better.

He needs a bigger turbo [Big Grin]

Need-a-cage - I would do it up at sac. They tend to be a bit less strict than Infineon but it seems like they are cracking down as there are more and more sub 11.50 cars prowling the streets now-a-days [Roll Eyes]

Just don't do it at a big event and you should be fine for a little while.

On that note we should have a few cars getting warnings this Fri at TNT so come on up and get booted out [Whoo Whooooo!]

--------------------
9 Sec EVO 9 is GONE!

need-a-cage
¯
Member # 5415

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for need-a-cage  Ford pictures for need-a-cage    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It will probably be a couple months away. I ran it once with my 3.33" pulley on it and my Nittos and it ran 123.7mph in hot weather, but it was running too lean. I am running 30lb injectors with an 8:1 FMU. I have 60lb injectors waiting to go in, but I need a way of tuning it. I was going to get a Tweecer, which has a long learning curve, but I have been reading about guys having hardware problems with them and that makes me nervous. The PMS is just out of my budget right now, so I don't know what I am going to do. Anyway, I am sure it will break 125mph with a good tune and the 3.33" pulley in colder weather. A good 60ft should hit the 10's with 125mph. However, my clutch is slipping when my 60ft gets to the low 1.6's.
Posts: 606 | From: Santa Rosa | Registered: Mar 2005  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com