Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » rules for nitrous.sacramento.

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: rules for nitrous.sacramento.
BlkZ28Kreepn
¯
Member # 6333

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlkZ28Kreepn  Ford pictures for BlkZ28Kreepn    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
all you guys running nitrous at the track, is it neccesary to have a blow down tube for it?or will they let you run with out it?
Eddie510-
CAFords OG
Member # 2354

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eddie510-  Ford pictures for Eddie510-    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
its mandatory at every track....

--------------------
"I like to be more politicaly correct than what I really believe so I can get more frinds here on CaFords"-Cummings "TIPICKLE"

BlkZ28Kreepn
¯
Member # 6333

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlkZ28Kreepn  Ford pictures for BlkZ28Kreepn    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
thats what i thought..on another forum i read one dude posted that some tracks only require a blow down tube if the bottle is installed in the passenger compartment....Cummins, hook me up dude i need to make some bootleg shit here that works..
66 AC COBRA
Nitrous King
Member # 904

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66 AC COBRA  Ford pictures for 66 AC COBRA    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by BlkZ28Kreepn:
thats what i thought..on another forum i read one dude posted that some tracks only require a blow down tube if the bottle is installed in the passenger compartment....Cummins, hook me up dude i need to make some bootleg shit here that works..

that is true, but for your trunk to not be considered the drivers compartment you need to install a proper firewall made out of .032 aluminum or .0xx steel plate [patriot]

I have run many times with no blow down tube at the track, not the safest way but it works (cheap)

when you tech just take the bottle out of the car and say you are making motor passes, if you purge you might get caught if they remember your car not being legal

--------------------
FFR AC Cobra
72 Vega - WCHRA Extreme 10.5

cummins
¯
Member # 5931

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cummins  Ford pictures for cummins    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

hahahahahah! When you going to the track? The Little Yellow Brotha has his nitrous shit laying around take his bottle and the lines he's not using them. I have the rest of the stuff to throw a fogger on your car like bottle heater, pressure gauge, regulator, jets, nozzle, switches and solenoids. I'd definitely run a blow down tube I've seen bottles burst the disc and vent that shit into the car. Blow down tube isn't hard to do either.

--------------------
Your definitely jealous of my strength and brains. - 68_427_Fastback

Cummins looks like the Wendy's girl......without the pig tails. - JT

Posts: 3441 | From: The Rice Fields | Registered: Aug 2005  |  :
BlkZ28Kreepn
¯
Member # 6333

quote:
Originally posted by cummins:
quote:

hahahahahah! When you going to the track? The Little Yellow Brotha has his nitrous shit laying around take his bottle and the lines he's not using them. I have the rest of the stuff to throw a fogger on your car like bottle heater, pressure gauge, regulator, jets, nozzle, switches and solenoids. I'd definitely run a blow down tube I've seen bottles burst the disc and vent that shit into the car. Blow down tube isn't hard to do either.
friday im finishing the nitrous install,next week its gonna get tuned.if all goe's well i'll be at grugde fest oct.20.

[ October 04, 2007, 12:29 AM: Message edited by: BlkZ28Kreepn ]

cummins
¯
Member # 5931

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cummins  Ford pictures for cummins    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'll be in LA that weekend possibly looking to buy some property. Not sure yet though.

--------------------
Your definitely jealous of my strength and brains. - 68_427_Fastback

Cummins looks like the Wendy's girl......without the pig tails. - JT

Posts: 3441 | From: The Rice Fields | Registered: Aug 2005  |  :
TRIXSNK
¯
Member # 2844

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRIXSNK  Ford pictures for TRIXSNK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Blow down tube is cheap and easy to drill a hole in the trunk.

And just like Cummins said i've had a bottle burst it's valve in my car when i was 10 ft away and it scared the living SHIT out of me [Eek!]

Plus it's very dangerous when you go to remove the bottle after that happens if all the N20 doesn't leak out and the siphon tube changes position and sucks a bit more up and [Whoo Whooooo!] N20 burns [Frown]

--------------------
9 Sec EVO 9 is GONE!

New project in the works.......

BlkZ28Kreepn
¯
Member # 6333

quote:
Originally posted by TRIXSNK:
Blow down tube is cheap and easy to drill a hole in the trunk.

And just like Cummins said i've had a bottle burst it's valve in my car when i was 10 ft away and it scared the living SHIT out of me [Eek!]

Plus it's very dangerous when you go to remove the bottle after that happens if all the N20 doesn't leak out and the siphon tube changes position and sucks a bit more up and [Whoo Whooooo!] N20 burns [Frown]

that sucks man, i dont want that to happen to me..Cummins,If you dont go to l.a roll with us..i'll let you run my car once,hahaha.Since you have way more experience running at the track,this will be my first time racing at a track.

[ October 04, 2007, 06:47 PM: Message edited by: BlkZ28Kreepn ]

Team SOLO
Chevy Powered Stang
Member # 722

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Team SOLO  Ford pictures for Team SOLO    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm all about safety and following the NHRA rules...they are there for a reason. I run my bottle where the passenger seat used to be. I have a blown down tube as required even though I know I could get away without running it if I did what AC said....take the bottle out when teching it.

However, one time in my garage, I left the bottle heater on without knowing it (blow down tube hooked up). The sound of that much pressure hitting against the garage floor and then bouncing off of the bottom of my car was like a series of m-80s going off in my garage [Smile]

--------------------
'88 Mustang Coupe: 8.02 @ 170

Posts: 3887 | From: Santa Clara | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
STANGSALLY76
¯
Member # 5342

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for STANGSALLY76  Ford pictures for STANGSALLY76    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
fuck that hide the bottle and tell them it
run 14.0 thats what i do lol....

--------------------
92 LX deep into the 10's on the motor with street tires coming soon
its just a little small block

Posts: 1133 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Feb 2005  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com