Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » Upgrading the rear suspension...

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Upgrading the rear suspension...
Team SOLO
Chevy Powered Stang
Member # 722

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Team SOLO  Ford pictures for Team SOLO    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I've come to the conclusion that I have 9 second rear suspension in an 8 second car.

What I have now:

Metco upppers/lowers
Poly/Delryn bushings
Lakewood 50/50 shocks
V8 springs

What am I changing to:

Wolfe uppers/lowers
Spherical/Hyme (sp?) bushings
Skinnykid Racecars coil over kit
Wolfe torque arm bar...

Here is the pic of the coil over kit...it is pretty bad ass and bolts into the stock location:

-

I'll get a pic of the torque arm. Wolfe doesn't offer pics on the website...hell, they dont even offer the bar on the website.

--------------------
'88 Mustang Coupe: 8.02 @ 170

Posts: 3887 | From: Santa Clara | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
Notch1320
Man Pedal
Member # 2647

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Notch1320  Ford pictures for Notch1320    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Skinny Kid makes some bas ass parts, and cars!

I am curious as to why are you running a torque are instead of a drag specific sway bar. I would think that a double sway bar from Wolfe would work for you.

I run their single bar on my car, and it works great.

Posts: 2349 | From: Yuba City, CA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  :
Team SOLO
Chevy Powered Stang
Member # 722

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Team SOLO  Ford pictures for Team SOLO    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Notch1320:
Skinny Kid makes some bas ass parts, and cars!

I am curious as to why are you running a torque are instead of a drag specific sway bar. I would think that a double sway bar from Wolfe would work for you.

I run their single bar on my car, and it works great.

I actually have the double adjustable on the car...forgot to mention that in the original post. The torque arm compliments the whole combo....

--------------------

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sounds like you had a 10 or 11 second car rear suspension trying to go 8's...lol

--------------------
AED

1994 GT Bucket that will likely never run
1999 SLOLEEN Twin Turbo Coyote
2008 F250 580 RWHP 1129 RWTQ

Posts: 5990 | From: Cameron Park, Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
Team SOLO
Chevy Powered Stang
Member # 722

quote:
Originally posted by Yellow94GT:
Sounds like you had a 10 or 11 second car rear suspension trying to go 8's...lol

LOL...no shit huh? When I bought this suspension, this was supposed to be my 'backup car' as I was building a 10.5W car. Then I crashed DJ's Camaro and had to sell off that project and focused all of my attention on this car. It also had a 10 second 347 that was in the car that would have been lucky to go 9.9 on the squeeze.

When I stepped up to this motor, I never stepped up the rear suspension or rearend. The mini-spool blew up the second time at the track. This suspension worked killer on the motor...earning a 1.36-1.40 sixty every pass. This suspension told me to f-off when I put the nitrous on it [Smile]

--------------------

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com