Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » Grudge Fest & Test N Tune @ Sac. Aug 17-18

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Grudge Fest & Test N Tune @ Sac. Aug 17-18
Notch1320
Man Pedal
Member # 2647

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Notch1320  Ford pictures for Notch1320    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Do they require mufflers to run on a "Grudge Fest" day? I want to hit up Sac on Saturday, but my car runs with open headers. Just curious to see if anyone knows.

[ August 17, 2007, 12:25 AM: Message edited by: Notch1320 ]

Posts: 2349 | From: Yuba City, CA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  :
cummins
¯
Member # 5931

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cummins  Ford pictures for cummins    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I believe they do but don't quote me on that. But I'm almost certain they require mufflers.

--------------------
Your definitely jealous of my strength and brains. - 68_427_Fastback

Cummins looks like the Wendy's girl......without the pig tails. - JT

Posts: 3441 | From: The Rice Fields | Registered: Aug 2005  |  :
66 AC COBRA
Nitrous King
Member # 904

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66 AC COBRA  Ford pictures for 66 AC COBRA    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I ran the last grudge night without mufflers and my car is louder then your, I have not heard your car but I think I can say mine is louder [Big Grin]

Your car without mufflers would still be quieter than a blown alky setup with collector mufflers [patriot]

--------------------
FFR AC Cobra
72 Vega - WCHRA Extreme 10.5

Notch1320
Man Pedal
Member # 2647

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Notch1320  Ford pictures for Notch1320    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If I can get everything together, I will be going to the TNT on Friday... if not, I may show up on Sat. What is the "Grudge Fest" all about. I am just looking to get some shake down passes, and don't want to deal with bracket racing, or tons of 17 sec street cars.

Anyone going out either of these days?

Team SOLO
Chevy Powered Stang
Member # 722

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Team SOLO  Ford pictures for Team SOLO    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Grudge fest is a test n tune on steroids [Smile]

TNT is one car at a time and is relatively light on car count.

Grudge nights are side by side racing all night long. IMO, the track on a Grudge night is not prepped as well as a TNT session.

I am trying realllllllly hard to be out there on Saturday w/ a stock bottom end combo w/ every bolt on known to five ohs....including your front tires [Smile] Got a lot of work to do tomorrow...but we're trying.

--------------------
'88 Mustang Coupe: 8.02 @ 170

Posts: 3887 | From: Santa Clara | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
Notch1320
Man Pedal
Member # 2647

Greg, let me know if you go tomorrow. I didn't make it tonight... but might on Sat.

Shawn

Vm04GT
¯
Member # 6857

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vm04GT  Ford pictures for Vm04GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i heard its supposed to be the BAY vs THE VALLEY. or am i wrong?

--------------------
04 GT w/ lite mods.

Notch1320
Man Pedal
Member # 2647

They will allow open header cars to run. Not sure if there ia any type of vs. race... but I will be there. Anyone else going?

Hope to see you out next time Greg... best of luck with the project.

cummins
¯
Member # 5931

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cummins  Ford pictures for cummins    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I am going to wait for sac to cool down. That track is just too slick in the heat I ran there again after we met up and I had an even worse time trying to hook. Plus that bump in the left lane isn't too friendly.

--------------------
Your definitely jealous of my strength and brains. - 68_427_Fastback

Cummins looks like the Wendy's girl......without the pig tails. - JT

Posts: 3441 | From: The Rice Fields | Registered: Aug 2005  |  :
Team SOLO
Chevy Powered Stang
Member # 722

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Team SOLO  Ford pictures for Team SOLO    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Notch1320:
They will allow open header cars to run. Not sure if there ia any type of vs. race... but I will be there. Anyone else going?

Hope to see you out next time Greg... best of luck with the project.

Sorry I had to get off the phone so abruptly...was really interested in hearing more about your car/combo...but I was being summoned by the exhaust guy.

--------------------
'88 Mustang Coupe: 8.02 @ 170

Posts: 3887 | From: Santa Clara | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com