Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » Going to Infineon 6/6 with new motor!

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Going to Infineon 6/6 with new motor!
need-a-cage
¯
Member # 5415

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for need-a-cage  Ford pictures for need-a-cage    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I am finally getting the Stang back out to the track. I ran it last October for the last race of last season, but other than that it has been sitting for almost 2 years.

I pulled the 302 out in November and put a new big bore 347 in it a month ago. I have 450 miles on it now and am going to run it Wednesday. I am so excited to see what it will do! I am a little pissed because my tach is acting up. I am going to have to shift by feel because the tach is bouncing around and going backwards when I hit 5k. This wouldn't be a big deal if I was used to it, but I have only had it over 5k a couple times.

I am running it naturally aspirated for now, so it won't be real quick since it is low comp, has a blower grind cam, and I reused my small Edelbrock 6037 as cast heads, and Cobra intake. I am hoping for a mid 12 at close to 110mph. I haven't had a chance to really beat on it yet and see how it feels because my daughter has been in the car with me for all of these break-in miles that I have put on it. However, I know that it is definitely not as quick as it was last time I ran it with the tired 302 and S-trim which got me an 11.90 @ 113mph. It does feel a lot better than the 302 NA, which got me 12.99 @ 105mph. I will be real happy if I get a 12.30 @ 110mph, but I think that is a stretch.

Craig

--------------------
93 LX Hatch, Dart Big Bore 347, Edelbrock 6037's, Cobra intake, Tremec, S-trim, 60# injectors, Tweecer RT
10.84 @ 128.5mph

Posts: 606 | From: Santa Rosa | Registered: Mar 2005  |  :
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
With you driving, I'm going with 13.79

[Wink]

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

need-a-cage
¯
Member # 5415

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for need-a-cage  Ford pictures for need-a-cage    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thanks for the vote of confidence!
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[Razz]

Goodluck Craig, glad it's back on the road again [patriot]

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

stangless
¯
Member # 1414

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangless  Ford pictures for stangless    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by hidnn.o.s.:
With you driving, I'm going with 13.79

[Wink]

It's time for me to jump behind that wheel [Big Grin]
[Razz]
glad to hear you'll be back Craig. I'll be making a come back this wednesday too. [patriot]
I haven't been to the track in weeks and missed the last weekend event. Now, i'm last on the qualifying table. No way i'll come back and make it to vegas..
[Mad]
See you there!

Don, when will you ever get back into competition mode? i'm still waiting to spank you and your brand new car [Razz]
haha. see ya man, hope you can make it this wednesday too!!

--------------------
=(

KevinL
¯
Member # 2428

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for KevinL  Ford pictures for KevinL    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Good luck Craig. I know it's a nice feeling to have it back on the road again. My car needs to have the new cage certified then I'll be back to race.
need-a-cage
¯
Member # 5415

Not as fast as I hoped, but pretty good I guess for a boosted combo without the boost. I think that the blower cam with no overlap is really hurting the top end when it doesn't have the blower. Best was a 12.48 @ 107.7mph. It was cool last night, but there was a really strong headwind. I will try a weekend event (which is always faster for some reason) after I get some more miles on it and switch to synthetic.

I did make it to the final last night and ended up with runner-up. My .050 light was no match for my opponent's .005. I ran a 12.51 on a 12.49 and he got me.

Craig

--------------------
93 LX Hatch, Dart Big Bore 347, Edelbrock 6037's, Cobra intake, Tremec, S-trim, 60# injectors, Tweecer RT
10.84 @ 128.5mph

forced331
¯
Member # 1270

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for forced331  Ford pictures for forced331    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Congrats for the motor holding together! J/K Great E.T's for that head/intake combo!

[ June 07, 2007, 11:59 AM: Message edited by: forced331 ]

--------------------
1992 Ford Mustang LX (Original Owner)"Titanium Frost" 331stroker S-Trim, 5spd

2014 Ford Mustang GT- daily driver

Posts: 1154 | From: Sonoma County | Registered: May 2002  |  :
stangless
¯
Member # 1414

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangless  Ford pictures for stangless    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Congrats on making it to the final Craig!!
Your car is so consistent now. do you plan on being there a few more times with the n/a set up?

--------------------
=(

need-a-cage
¯
Member # 5415

I'll be out there next week with it in NA trim. I think that it is going to stay this way for a few months. At least until I have 1000 miles on it and switch to synthetic oil.

I am at 550 now, so if I only drive it to the track and only go out 2 times a month, it will take 3 months to get there. I might dyno it as well to satisfy my curiosity. Then it will get the s-trim and go back on the dyno. Then it will go to the track for some 120+mph runs!

--------------------
10.84 @ 128.5mph

need-a-cage
¯
Member # 5415

I won last night! Best run was 12.46 @ 108mph and it was still pretty warm out.

Craig

--------------------
10.84 @ 128.5mph

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com