Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » Grudge Results June 2nd...Update w/ Wed. Night Drag results (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Grudge Results June 2nd...Update w/ Wed. Night Drag results
StreakMatt
¯
Member # 6257

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for StreakMatt  Ford pictures for StreakMatt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I finally got my car out to grudge to see how it will run N/A with my new 306. I've also got the tubular k-member as well. I was running consistant 11.8's at 114.5 then an 11.72@115 was my best. It wasn't showing 60 ft. times though [Mad] , but i could tell it was hooking nice. I would say mid 1.5's. My bro was running his '93 lx also and he was running 12.1's N/A and then we turned down the timing and tried the 100 shot and he went 11.37 @122 and they told him no more runs without safety equipment. So he went N/A the rest of the night. Overall it was a good night, was anyone else out there?

[ June 07, 2007, 02:22 AM: Message edited by: streakmatt ]

--------------------
Custom Blue '88 GT: Garage Built= MM&FF January 2012 Cover and Feature. Tuned by Bob Kurgan

Black '03 Cobra: 2.9 Whipple Tuned by Bob Kurgan

Posts: 1198 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
NorCalSRT-8
¯
Member # 109

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NorCalSRT-8  Ford pictures for NorCalSRT-8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I was out there last night. Was a pretty good night for racing. Cooled off quite a bit after the sun went down.

--------------------
06 Chrysler 300C SRT-8

Posts: 202 | From: Northern, Ca | Registered: Dec 2000  |  :
Fox Lightning
¯
Member # 7658

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fox Lightning  Ford pictures for Fox Lightning    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
matt your car was running very well good stuff man. ill cya at mustang madness day on 6/23 sunny [patriot]

--------------------
K7 Gsxr 750 (stock) 10.89 @ 137
68 Coupe N/A (stock) 302 t5 9" 12.2 ON 315-18" DR's (under construction)

Raider A's Warriors

TRIXSNK
¯
Member # 2844

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRIXSNK  Ford pictures for TRIXSNK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sounds like they are enforcing the rules a bit more on Grudge as well [Frown]

Anyone know if they are getting more strict on TNT's?

--------------------
9 Sec EVO 9 is GONE!

New project in the works.......

StreakMatt
¯
Member # 6257

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for StreakMatt  Ford pictures for StreakMatt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by TRIXSNK:

Thats exactly what i was thinking. In the past i was able to slide with my 10 sec. passes. My bro was 1 and done when he sprayed. That means when i slap the blower back on here shortly, i won't get any shakedown passes unless i get out of it at the 1/8th which sucks.

--------------------
Custom Blue '88 GT: Garage Built= MM&FF January 2012 Cover and Feature. Tuned by Bob Kurgan

98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'
Uncle Frank
Member # 895

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'  Ford pictures for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by streakmatt:
quote:

Thats exactly what i was thinking. In the past i was able to slide with my 10 sec. passes. My bro was 1 and done when he sprayed. That means when i slap the blower back on here shortly, i won't get any shakedown passes unless i get out of it at the 1/8th which sucks.
Damn Matt, sounds like its running hard! You were running your slicks right. That car is gona hustle down the track! I better get my shit back together real soon!

--------------------
AKA Franky Freaking 5 liter

Advanced Engine Development
SCT dealer
Dynotuning
Engine building
916*275*8212

88 4runner on 42's

StreakMatt
¯
Member # 6257

quote:
Originally posted by 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX':
quote:
Originally posted by streakmatt:
quote:

Damn Matt, sounds like its running hard! You were running your slicks right. That car is gona hustle down the track! I better get my shit back together real soon!
Thanks man. Yup i was running the ET Streets, I can't wait to get the S-Trim back on. I'm anxious to see your new car and combo out there, so you need to go full speed ahead and get your butt moving! [Big Grin]

--------------------

NorCalSRT-8
¯
Member # 109

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NorCalSRT-8  Ford pictures for NorCalSRT-8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What color was the 93lx? I think I ran against him once. BTW Great times on the motor man!

--------------------
06 Chrysler 300C SRT-8

Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
dayum!

matt, you still runnin the same hci combo that you were?

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
StreakMatt
¯
Member # 6257

quote:
Originally posted by NorCalSRT-8:
What color was the 93lx? I think I ran against him once. BTW Great times on the motor man!

My bro's '93 is black. He did run a car like yours twice. I'm not sure if it was you or not. Is your car running 12.3-12.4's? If so then that was probably you. I also ran a similar car to yours and went 11.80.

Whats up Luke, I have the same heads and intake but i now have a custom smog legal blower cam.

I have an update, I went out to Sac Raceway tonight for Ricer night LOL. Its hard to run consistant since the track prep sucks, but i did manage an 11.76 @116.5 and then my last run was 11.69@116 [burnout] It was a good run against a modded twin turbo 300 Z, the old mid 90's model. He went 11.79@ 118. But the race was decided by the first 60ft. and I was 1 car out by that point [Wink] I was excited to say the least. Of course it still doesn't show 60 fts in the left lane, only the right lane. I've already surpassed my goals of 11.79 for this car N/A, so i'm definitely happy at this point. See you guys at Mustang Madness [patriot]

[ June 07, 2007, 02:07 AM: Message edited by: streakmatt ]

--------------------

Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
116.5 with a smog legal blower cam? I assume no overlap on this one?

Whats the current motor compression and how much does your car weigh

Would you mind sharing the cam specs with me along with who grinded it? (PM if you don't mind talkin about it)

--------------------
Stangless

NorCalSRT-8
¯
Member # 109

Ok, then it was you I raced. There was another car like mine that night running 12.4-12.5.
StreakMatt
¯
Member # 6257

quote:
Originally posted by NorCalSRT-8:
Ok, then it was you I raced. There was another car like mine that night running 12.4-12.5.

Oh really. Then there were 2 similar cars then 'cause i thought it was the same ride. I have the Blue '88 GT. Your car runs hard for a big sedan like that. I'm looking at the timeslip now, you went 12.4 @ 112.6 if that was you. What are your mods?

--------------------

NorCalSRT-8
¯
Member # 109

I only ran against a mustang once that night. That run was 11.9 @ 122. I have a fully built motor and a little bit of bottle behind it. Best that night was 11.6 @ 120. That run should have been at least a 11.5 @ 123 but I hit the limiter hard in 3rd. The car should be faster, but we just are not able to launch it on the stock axles.

--------------------
06 Chrysler 300C SRT-8

StreakMatt
¯
Member # 6257

[QUOTE]Originally posted by NorCalSRT-8:
I only ran against a mustang once that night. That run was 11.9 @ 122. I have a fully built motor and a little bit of bottle behind it. Best that night was 11.6 @ 120. That run should have been at least a 11.5 @ 123 but I hit the limiter hard in 3rd. The car should be faster, but we just are not able to launch it on the stock axles. [/QUOTE

Damn your car is making some power then. I guess i should have looked at your sig. Yeah it couldn't have been you that i ran. With that trap you can definitely shave some more ET.

--------------------

cummins
¯
Member # 5931

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cummins  Ford pictures for cummins    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Now don't take this wrong because I don't know anything about Mustangs, this just a question, but is 116 mph good for an na mustang? I would expect the mph to be higher than 116. Yes I understand that this is a blower motor and compression may not be that high, but still only 116? How fast should this thing go with the sc?

--------------------
Your definitely jealous of my strength and brains. - 68_427_Fastback

Cummins looks like the Wendy's girl......without the pig tails. - JT

Posts: 3441 | From: The Rice Fields | Registered: Aug 2005  |  :
2stangs69-91
¯
Member # 1951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2stangs69-91  Ford pictures for 2stangs69-91    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
135?

--------------------
69 Mustang on hold
1991 LX hatch getting a make over
1994 F150 4X4 351
2006 Yamaha V-max 1200 Modded

Ls1camaro00
¯
Member # 6238

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ls1camaro00  Ford pictures for Ls1camaro00    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
so matt you have that blue lx with the cobra wing?

--------------------
-Two-Gun Motorsports-
*Dont Run Your Mouth If U Cnt Run Your Car*
2000 camaro ss - Cali Stock :D

StreakMatt
¯
Member # 6257

quote:
Originally posted by cummins:
Now don't take this wrong because I don't know anything about Mustangs, this just a question, but is 116 mph good for an na mustang? I would expect the mph to be higher than 116. Yes I understand that this is a blower motor and compression may not be that high, but still only 116? How fast should this thing go with the sc?

Simply put, Yes 116 is a good MPH N/A for MY combo currently. Now if you're putting my N/A numbers against Drew or Shauns wifes car who are going 126+ then of course not. But of course they are designed and built completely different. As for what its gonna do with the blower, i hope to find out soon. I'm gonna put on the stock pulley for the head unit and see less boost with a more efficient motor and see what happens.

Ls1camaro00, yup that sounds like me. Actually its a blue GT w/Cobra wing.

--------------------

cummins
¯
Member # 5931

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cummins  Ford pictures for cummins    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What did you run na with the previous motor?

--------------------
Your definitely jealous of my strength and brains. - 68_427_Fastback

Cummins looks like the Wendy's girl......without the pig tails. - JT

Posts: 3441 | From: The Rice Fields | Registered: Aug 2005  |  :
StreakMatt
¯
Member # 6257

quote:
What did you run na with the previous motor?

I never did. But to guess i'd say 12.1-12.2 @ 110-111.

--------------------

93PONY
Mr. Valve Events
Member # 60

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93PONY  Ford pictures for 93PONY        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[Eek!]

That's definately some good shit!
My car would probably run mid/high 12's @107-108mph on motor.

HiTech cam I presume? [Wink]
You still running a stock block?

--------------------
www.advancedenginedevelopment.com
SCT dealer
Dynotuning

(916)715-7569

Posts: 4265 | From: Fair Oaks, CA | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :
Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

quote:

There are exceptions to every rule but I can give you a very general idea...

Most of your higher end cookie cutter HCI bolt-on combos like the TFS street kit for example (assuming all the extras like gears, exhaust, pullies, etc are included) are doing about 108-112 in a full weight fox 5-liter. The really well thought out combos (maybe port matched, custom cam, etc) sometimes go 112-114+

IMHO, any full weight fox with a 302-306, a hydraulic roller, and the stock rev limiter that traps over 114+ is phenomenal!

So ya, I don't know what Matt weighs or if his cam is designed to stay under the stock limiter, but his numbers are fantastic. That thing is going to be wicked with the s-trim.

--------------------
Stangless

StreakMatt
¯
Member # 6257

quote:
Originally posted by 93PONY:
[Eek!]

That's definately some good shit!
My car would probably run mid/high 12's @107-108mph on motor.

HiTech cam I presume? [Wink]
You still running a stock block?

Thanks Shaun. Yep its a smog legal blower cam from Brian. I still have the stock block for now. I could have purchased a Dart or R block but I ended up painting my car which used ALL my extra money LOL. Hey whats your opinion on that new FRPP Boss block?

--------------------

2stangs69-91
¯
Member # 1951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2stangs69-91  Ford pictures for 2stangs69-91    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
brian had his cams approved for smog by the Air resources Board? EO number?

[ June 09, 2007, 09:16 AM: Message edited by: 2stangs69-91 ]

--------------------
69 Mustang on hold
1991 LX hatch getting a make over
1994 F150 4X4 351
2006 Yamaha V-max 1200 Modded

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com