Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » in car video from sears point

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: in car video from sears point
Tinner
¯
Member # 2688

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tinner  Ford pictures for Tinner    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I had fun even though my time sucked. [patriot]

web page

--------------------
04 Comp. Orange mach 1
AED built
2.3 Whipple@17#s
605rwhp
580rwtq
10.71@131mph
now with a little more power it goes 135mph+ on 18" DRs

Posts: 835 | From: santa rosa | Registered: Apr 2003  |  :
1fast281
¯
Member # 4670

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1fast281  Ford pictures for 1fast281  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Nice, what time did that C6 Z06 run? Looks like he was pulling at the end but you beat him to the end of the 1/4 mile?
Tinner
¯
Member # 2688

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tinner  Ford pictures for Tinner    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
He ran a 12.3@120

--------------------
04 Comp. Orange mach 1
AED built
2.3 Whipple@17#s
605rwhp
580rwtq
10.71@131mph

stangless
¯
Member # 1414

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangless  Ford pictures for stangless    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
that Z06 eliminated me a few rounds after that. [Mad]
looks good man, congrats!
Is that helmet legal at the track? i need to get a new helmet and would rather get an open face helmet...
thanks.

--------------------
=(

Tinner
¯
Member # 2688

quote:
Is that helmet legal at the track? i need to get a new helmet and would rather get an open face helmet...
thanks.

Yes,You can find them cheap on e-bay just make sure you get the latest snell rating sa-2005

--------------------
04 Comp. Orange mach 1
AED built
2.3 Whipple@17#s
605rwhp
580rwtq
10.71@131mph

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Josh, you have .5 EASY to gain by launching that car!!!! Need an additional 3 seconds or so to your burnout aswell. That is unless you are on stock street tires.

Hey, never heard. Ever talk to Brad or did the problem go away???

Look forward to seeing you out there in the 06 [patriot]

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Tinner, looks like fun man!

One thing though... You are leaving 0.2 on the table in shifting alone. [Wink]

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
Tinner
¯
Member # 2688

[QUOTEJosh, you have .5 EASY to gain by launching that car!!!! Need an additional 3 seconds or so to your burnout aswell. That is unless you are on stock street tires.

Hey, never heard. Ever talk to Brad or did the problem go away???

Look forward to seeing you out there in the 06 ] [/QUOTE]

I need to get my rear end fixed or upgraded . If I launch the car hard it spin 1 tire [Roll Eyes]
And yes Brad did re-tune my car today ,It's much much better.He's a stand up guy I'm glad I took my car to RPM thanks.

quote:
Tinner, looks like fun man!

One thing though... You are leaving 0.2 on the table in shifting alone.

Hey Luke How ya been man? I have to make sure to hit every shift on the N20. I have not hooked up my window switch yet so one missed shift = BOOM.

--------------------
04 Comp. Orange mach 1
AED built
2.3 Whipple@17#s
605rwhp
580rwtq
10.71@131mph

Mach1Pony
¯
Member # 5435

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mach1Pony  Ford pictures for Mach1Pony    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Nice video! Good job taking down the Vette.

I love seeing fellow Mach1 owners burning the track up.

Your car is capable of an 11 second run with 113mph but you have to get your 60ft's down.

I ran a 12.41 @ 109 natural with 4:30's and ET Streets with a 1.71 60ft. I'm sure your car will be in the 11's with a better 60ft.

See you at the track!

-Ron

--------------------
2003 DSG Mach1 Mustang - 12.41 @ 109 mph

BOTIH8R
¯
Member # 7295

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BOTIH8R  Ford pictures for BOTIH8R  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
so i take it you got your problem sorted out.what was it.was it the gem module
Posts: 1143 | From: sacramento | Registered: Dec 2006  |  :
gray03gt
¯
Member # 6427

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for gray03gt  Ford pictures for gray03gt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That is not neccessaryily true about what you said with the nitrous. Im running a 150shot, that is dyno tuned on a flip chip, with only a wide open throttle switch. I've missed many shifts and bounced off the limiter tons of time and i've had absolutely no problems.
Mfracing
¯
Member # 4034

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mfracing  Ford pictures for Mfracing    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
good to see you back out there. sorry i didn't say hi, i got there late and was mostly over at the bikes. my brother and brother in law were there on their h/d's. my b/l went to the finale round so i stayed to the end. did you see that gmc p/u running 12.5! [burnout] [burnout]

--------------------
302hp/361tq
12.6e/t@105mph
Amazon Tuning Solutions
Mel and Son's Mufflers
Super Six Motorsports
Mizzi's Automotive
Main Machine

shamis935
¯
Member # 6300

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for shamis935  Ford pictures for shamis935    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
thanks for the vid. [Smile]

--------------------
'03 cobra

Pure Stang
¯
Member # 7251

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pure Stang  Ford pictures for Pure Stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
man those are some good runs and times.....

--------------------
HEART BREAKER

R.I.P Willie Guzman (5ltrsvt) you will be missed brother.
04/24/87 - 11/23/2012

90 lx 347 RIP
86 gt
89 lx- next project

lxlaw
¯
Member # 7547

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for lxlaw  Ford pictures for lxlaw    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
nice run, car seems to be running pretty good, I assume you are running street tires. That was a bad ass Vette.
Pure Stang
¯
Member # 7251

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pure Stang  Ford pictures for Pure Stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Mfracing:
good to see you back out there. sorry i didn't say hi, i got there late and was mostly over at the bikes. my brother and brother in law were there on their h/d's. my b/l went to the finale round so i stayed to the end. did you see that gmc p/u running 12.5! [burnout] [burnout]

thats the guy that eliminated me in the end [Mad] on wendsday....

oh no oooppss it was a olders s10

[ April 08, 2007, 02:57 AM: Message edited by: Pure Stang ]

--------------------
HEART BREAKER

R.I.P Willie Guzman (5ltrsvt) you will be missed brother.
04/24/87 - 11/23/2012

90 lx 347 RIP
86 gt
89 lx- next project

need-a-cage
¯
Member # 5415

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for need-a-cage  Ford pictures for need-a-cage    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Mfracing, which bike were you on. I was on the red Kawi Zephyr 750 with no badging. I made it to the semi's when I broke out against my cousin on the green Triumph Bonneville. My Dad took it all again on the red Bonneville. My other cousin was racing his Zephyr 550 with the ghost flames, but he went out in the 1st round. He just picked up a Harley last week, so maybe he'll have it out there.

Craig

--------------------
93 LX Hatch, Dart Big Bore 347, Edelbrock 6037's, Cobra intake, Tremec, S-trim, 60# injectors, Tweecer RT
10.84 @ 128.5mph

Posts: 606 | From: Santa Rosa | Registered: Mar 2005  |  :
need-a-cage
¯
Member # 5415

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for need-a-cage  Ford pictures for need-a-cage    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Tinner, what exhaust do you have on that thing. It sounds great inside the car. Were those runs on Nitrous?

Mfracing, I just noticed that this is a couple weeks old. I was refering to the 4th when I was out there.

Craig

--------------------
93 LX Hatch, Dart Big Bore 347, Edelbrock 6037's, Cobra intake, Tremec, S-trim, 60# injectors, Tweecer RT
10.84 @ 128.5mph

Posts: 606 | From: Santa Rosa | Registered: Mar 2005  |  :
Tinner
¯
Member # 2688

quote:
so i take it you got your problem sorted out.what was it.was it the gem module
It ended up being a loose wire going into the back of the fuse box

quote:
Tinner, what exhaust do you have on that thing. It sounds great inside the car. Were those runs on Nitrous?

O/R h-pipe and 2 chamber flows in the stock cat back.And yes that was on a 50shot.

--------------------
04 Comp. Orange mach 1
AED built
2.3 Whipple@17#s
605rwhp
580rwtq
10.71@131mph

98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'
Uncle Frank
Member # 895

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'  Ford pictures for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What tires are you running? Also have you tried going out to the parking lot before you run and just do some figure eights? Not burning out but just driving at a good rate of speed and doing pretty tight eights. That some times does the trick for some rearends.

--------------------
AKA Franky Freaking 5 liter

Advanced Engine Development
SCT dealer
Dynotuning
Engine building
916*275*8212

88 4runner on 42's

Tinner
¯
Member # 2688

quote:
What tires are you running? Also have you tried going out to the parking lot before you run and just do some figure eights? Not burning out but just driving at a good rate of speed and doing pretty tight eights. That some times does the trick for some rearends.

BFG DR's
I will give that a try

--------------------
04 Comp. Orange mach 1
AED built
2.3 Whipple@17#s
605rwhp
580rwtq
10.71@131mph

98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'
Uncle Frank
Member # 895

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'  Ford pictures for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You should be cutting better then 2.0's and a new car like that shouldn't have that rearend problem. I would for sure try the figure eights. I know it worked every time for my first mustang. Had 3:55's in it. I would cut 1.8's with Nitto DR's with a RPM intake, acufab TB and long tubes only.

--------------------
AKA Franky Freaking 5 liter

Advanced Engine Development
SCT dealer
Dynotuning
Engine building
916*275*8212

88 4runner on 42's

95Stangman
¯
Member # 6020

Ford Icon 12 posted      Profile for 95Stangman  Ford pictures for 95Stangman    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
def. heat those tires up more. my experience with the bf's is u need to get nice and toasty. [Wink]

--------------------
2003 Silverado 2500HD Duramax
03 Mach 1 (sold)
98 Cobra vert (sold)
95 GT (sold)

Posts: 212 | From: Santa Rosa | Registered: Sep 2005  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com