Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » (Pics!)Back from the Track 1/20 (new best) (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: (Pics!)Back from the Track 1/20 (new best)
Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well, after a few technical problems with the race track, it ended up being a good day for racing.

I finally got the top spot on this message board for N/A 347's with a 10.81 @ 125.5 with a 1.527 60ft!!! [Eek!] I think that may be some sort of record for 18 inch DR's? [Confused] Anyway, I'm sure the car has more in it. That was not the cleanest pass in the world and the car has WAY to much 100 octane in it. Also, once I finially give in and put slicks and skinnies on the car I'm sure it will pick up there too. [Wink]

It was a great day at the track. Good seeing old faces and nice meeting some new ones! [patriot] [burnout]

Drew

[ January 21, 2007, 01:51 PM: Message edited by: Yellow94GT ]

--------------------
AED

1994 GT Bucket that will likely never run
1999 SLOLEEN Twin Turbo Coyote
2008 F250 580 RWHP 1129 RWTQ

Posts: 5990 | From: Cameron Park, Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
93PONY
Mr. Valve Events
Member # 60

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93PONY  Ford pictures for 93PONY        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Congrats Buddy! [patriot]

But I just realized since you did it on race gas....91Pony is still the fastest on 'pump crap'....I mean gas. [Razz]

Although neither of us have anything on that damn LS1 that keeps showing up & layin' the smack down. [Eek!]

[ January 20, 2007, 10:42 PM: Message edited by: 93PONY ]

--------------------
www.advancedenginedevelopment.com
SCT dealer
Dynotuning

(916)715-7569

Posts: 4265 | From: Fair Oaks, CA | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :
Bad Snake
Member # 7271

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bad Snake  Ford pictures for Bad Snake    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I was in the right lane on that run. You smoked me good. [worship]
New best for me 11.4@128

[ January 20, 2007, 10:59 PM: Message edited by: Bad Snake ]

--------------------
03 cobra whipple charged

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 93PONY:

But I just realized since you did it on race gas....91Pony is still the fastest on 'pump crap'....I mean gas. [Razz]

Although neither of us have anything on that damn LS1 that keeps showing up & layin' the smack down. [Eek!]

Excuses are like assholes..... [Wink]

We both know that my car runs slower on 100 octane than on 91. Can't wait to get back to the track with 91. [Big Grin]

[ January 20, 2007, 11:04 PM: Message edited by: Yellow94GT ]

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

quote:
Originally posted by Bad Snake:
I was in the right lane on that run. You smoked me good. [worship]
New best for me 11.4@128

Your cars runs great man. Great first outing for you! [patriot]

--------------------
AED

93PONY
Mr. Valve Events
Member # 60

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93PONY  Ford pictures for 93PONY        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Yellow94GT:
quote:
Originally posted by 93PONY:

Excuses are like assholes..... [Wink]

We both know that my car runs slower on 100 octane than on 91. Can't wait to get back to the track with 91. [Big Grin]

You're just lucky I missed 2nd gear. Hehehe. [Wink]

[ January 20, 2007, 11:14 PM: Message edited by: 93PONY ]

--------------------
www.advancedenginedevelopment.com
SCT dealer
Dynotuning

(916)715-7569

Posts: 4265 | From: Fair Oaks, CA | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :
eljefe
¯
Member # 1753

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for eljefe  Ford pictures for eljefe  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ok ok here you go drew
i have these in a higher res if you want em
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -

[ January 21, 2007, 01:29 AM: Message edited by: eljefe ]

--------------------
1969 mustang coupe - the project
1996 mystic cobra - 13.64@105 - sold :(
2007 yaris - daily driver

Posts: 737 | From: holiday in rancho cambodia | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Thanks Jeff!

Looks like a bunch of 10 second AED cars to me! [Big Grin]

--------------------
AED

bybowti
¯
Member # 5164

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bybowti  Ford pictures for bybowti        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thank you for the pictures.I just hope someday that I can turn a time close to what Drew can run in my car.The best I can do is 10.87 at 131 and he does a 10.600 at I think also 131.

--------------------
AED Blue Devil

9.93 @ 140

forced331
¯
Member # 1270

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for forced331  Ford pictures for forced331    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Well, after a few technical problems with the race track, it ended up being a good day for racing.

I finally got the top spot on this message board for N/A 347's with a 10.81 @ 125.5 with a 1.527 60ft!!! [Eek!] I think that may be some sort of record for 18 inch DR's? [Confused] Anyway, I'm sure the car has more in it. That was not the cleanest pass in the world and the car has WAY to much 100 octane in it. Also, once I finially give in and put slicks and skinnies on the car I'm sure it will pick up there too. [Wink]

It was a great day at the track. Good seeing old faces and nice meeting some new ones! [patriot] [burnout]

Drew

Thats just amazing how you can just rip 1.5 60fts on 18" drag radials also with a 5spd.
[worship] [patriot]

--------------------
1992 Ford Mustang LX (Original Owner)"Titanium Frost" 331stroker S-Trim, 5spd

2014 Ford Mustang GT- daily driver

Posts: 1154 | From: Sonoma County | Registered: May 2002  |  :
NosboySS
¯
Member # 637

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NosboySS  Ford pictures for NosboySS    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Cool pic,,,,,thanks. (the black TA on bottom)

Congrats Drew, You do know Heather is goin to kill u right?? You just gave Shaun a new reason to dig into her car!! bad mojo

--------------------
98 Formula WS6
Iron block big bore 383ci, Rossler TH 350, 4.30's, ETP 225 heads
550hp 478 tq
10.56@131.9 1.47 60'
Newtech Tuning/FFP tuning

Lemonade
¯
Member # 3692

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lemonade  Ford pictures for Lemonade    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Well, after a few technical problems with the race track,

You didn't puke coolant, did ya? [Big Grin]

Congrats! Gotta love a car that looks great & hauls ass.

Lems

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

quote:
Originally posted by Lemonade:
quote:
Well, after a few technical problems with the race track,

You didn't puke coolant, did ya? [Big Grin]

Congrats! Gotta love a car that looks great & hauls ass.

Lems

LOL

Nope, it wasn't me! [Wink]

--------------------
AED

6D9
¯
Member # 7001

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 6D9  Ford pictures for 6D9    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Killer pass today Drew with the 10.81! Thanks for the AED card..I will call when I am ready to change my combo up a bit. I took my dad yesterday and he could not believe that your car can run 10.8's on 18's ...N/A. Its pretty damn impressive.

--------------------
Performance Alliance Motorsports
1969 BBC Camaro

Posts: 171 | From: stockton,ca | Registered: Aug 2006  |  :
66 AC COBRA
Nitrous King
Member # 904

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66 AC COBRA  Ford pictures for 66 AC COBRA    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
so i take it the "new" springs helped

--------------------
FFR AC Cobra
72 Vega - WCHRA Extreme 10.5

TRIXSNK
¯
Member # 2844

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRIXSNK  Ford pictures for TRIXSNK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Drew big shout out man on the new best [worship]

Looks like we got some of the qickest DR Stangs around here [Big Grin]

You too "badsnake" on the 11.4 the first time out. How'd the car 60?

Damn Ls1's [Mad] Don't think i can kep up with those times he's putting down unless i turn this into a race car [Roll Eyes] [Razz]

--------------------
9 Sec EVO 9 is GONE!

New project in the works.......

SVTGhoust
¯
Member # 20

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for SVTGhoust  Ford pictures for SVTGhoust    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
wow. Some balls to the wall launches! Good job guys!

--------------------
2013 Shelby GT500 / 2020 Shelby GT500

Posts: 962 | From: Brentwood, CA 94513 | Registered: Oct 2000  |  :
PopTheHood
¯
Member # 7040

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PopTheHood  Ford pictures for PopTheHood    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
How do you guys run so fast N/A? what do you got done? Full Suspention? whats the motor setup? i might have to get me one just like it. [Big Grin]
TRIXSNK
¯
Member # 2844

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRIXSNK  Ford pictures for TRIXSNK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by PopTheHood:
How do you guys run so fast N/A? what do you got done? Full Suspention? whats the motor setup? i might have to get me one just like it. [Big Grin]

Mine ain't N/A that's for sure i got screwed by KB [Wink]

I believe Drew's got a 347 w/ a stick and not sure of his susp or weight reduction mods but it's for sure on DR's [worship]

--------------------
9 Sec EVO 9 is GONE!

New project in the works.......

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

quote:

Good luck getting one just like it. [Wink]

I could build you one similar, but you better get out you check book! [Big Grin]

Most of the mods to my car can be found here;

http://www.fordmuscle.com/archives/2005/02/YellowFever/

--------------------
AED

PopTheHood
¯
Member # 7040

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PopTheHood  Ford pictures for PopTheHood    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Haha thats funny. "Top Secret Lift and Duration"
How much did you spend on that motor?

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

quote:
Haha thats funny. "Top Secret Lift and Duration"
How much did you spend on that motor?

lol, which time?! [Wink]

This motor and over all setup have been a LONG time coming. I have had just about every problem you could even imagine just to get this thing where it is today. My best guess on building another motor like this from the ground up in a stock block, like mine, would be around $10,000.

--------------------
AED

PopTheHood
¯
Member # 7040

That would require a bigger check book than i got to build one of those right now. you planning on putting any juice or a charger on there? Would the motor hold up to it? What kind of power does it make? dont stock blocks only hold up to about 500whp?
Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

quote:
That would require a bigger check book than i got to build one of those right now. you planning on putting any juice or a charger on there? Would the motor hold up to it? What kind of power does it make? dont stock blocks only hold up to about 500whp?

Rule of thumb is 500 RWHP for stock blocks. I'm not going to try and make any more power out of mine. I think near 470 N/A is good enough. [Wink]

--------------------
AED

98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'
Uncle Frank
Member # 895

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'  Ford pictures for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

Rule of thumb is 500 RWHP for stock blocks. I'm not going to try and make any more power out of mine. I think near 470 N/A is good enough. [Wink]
Poop on that!! Good enough my ass! I guess my car is gona have to stay the slowest AED car for another week or two. Damn FORDS!! Fix or Repair Daily! GO COLTS!

--------------------
AKA Franky Freaking 5 liter

Advanced Engine Development
SCT dealer
Dynotuning
Engine building
916*275*8212

88 4runner on 42's

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com