Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » Ran 8.42 and 8.44 at TNT 02Dec-Sac

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Ran 8.42 and 8.44 at TNT 02Dec-Sac
KevinL
¯
Member # 2428

Ford Icon 10 posted      Profile for KevinL  Ford pictures for KevinL    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Just wanted to share this. Went to Sac for TNT on 02Dec. I recently changed heads, intake and cam and put my older D2 Procharger back on. The D2 is driven by a 12 rib belt not a cog belt so it slips a lot at high rpm. I also put my 3 inch exhaust back on (hooker max flow mufflers). Another change was I'm using a large air-water in car intercooler. First pass was an 8.8 and I was pretty happy but upon reviewing the FAST data log I noticed the tune was way off. The tune I was using was for my F2 Procharger which I'd taken off the car because It was throwing belts. Well, the recorded data indicated I was running very rich and not running enough timing so I corrected those 2 areas using my laptop. Next pass was an 8.44 at 159mph then I backed it up with an 8.42 at just under 160mph--awesome for a D2 procharger with a rib belt. The thing is I have a smaller pulley for the D2 which in the past has been good for another 3 tenth's. I think next time I'll try it.
FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FasterDamnit  Ford pictures for FasterDamnit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Holy CraP! That D2 is amazing! Way to go Mr. Locke! I hope to be racing my '65 this spring/summer in NC. Waiting for my lift to be delivered.

--------------------
'92 LX T5
Looked stock, went 11's 11.90 at 115mph.

'65 Mustang 347

www.fordmuscle.com

Livin' in the Carolina Pines

TRIXSNK
¯
Member # 2844

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRIXSNK  Ford pictures for TRIXSNK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
By chance was your car the mis-matched teal coupe?

If it was i was meaning to come by and say how nice the car looked (even with white hood lol)
I have some of your runs on my buddy's cam.

Car looks like it's running really good especially of the line.

Congrats on the new #'s

Patrick

--------------------
9 Sec EVO 9 is GONE!

New project in the works.......

93PONY
Mr. Valve Events
Member # 60

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93PONY  Ford pictures for 93PONY        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Awesome runs Kevin!
Saw you at the track the last time with all those problems....didn't see one clean pass that day. It was good to see some clean & FAST passes out of it yesterday! Sometimes new/better/bigger parts just don't work as good as the old tried & true. [Smile]

--------------------
www.advancedenginedevelopment.com
SCT dealer
Dynotuning

(916)715-7569

Posts: 4265 | From: Fair Oaks, CA | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :
2stangs69-91
¯
Member # 1951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2stangs69-91  Ford pictures for 2stangs69-91    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
nice passes..but it also scares me I am going to run a F2(if I ever finish)and don't like hearing about belt issues [Frown] . Are you ever going to put it back on? What are the fastest times you know of for a ribbed D2 that has to up on the list pretty high. [Whoo Whooooo!] [Whoo Whooooo!]

--------------------
69 Mustang on hold
1991 LX hatch getting a make over
1994 F150 4X4 351
2006 Yamaha V-max 1200 Modded

FoX GT
¯
Member # 4587

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FoX GT  Ford pictures for FoX GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
nice runs!

-

-

--------------------
- AED -
03 Cobra 10th anni 3.4 Whipple 9.47@141
2012 Mustang GT 10.98@125
2015 Mustang GT

Bring what you got and hope its enough!

KevinL
¯
Member # 2428

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for KevinL  Ford pictures for KevinL    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey that's my car. I plan on getting it painted soon. Thanks for the pictures.
KevinL
¯
Member # 2428

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for KevinL  Ford pictures for KevinL    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The F2 was/is extremely powerful and I saw 30 lbs boost but the power application was like a light switch--1000 plus horses right now! I just could'nt keep up and would try and peddle the car which in turn would break or throw the cog belt. Out of frustration I changed back to a good known setup--my trusty D2 with it's 12 rib belt and less boost.
forced331
¯
Member # 1270

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for forced331  Ford pictures for forced331    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Nice runs Kevin! I see 7's next!

I remember way back when you had a manual trans and running in th 12's. lol

[worship] [worship] [worship]

--------------------
1992 Ford Mustang LX (Original Owner)"Titanium Frost" 331stroker S-Trim, 5spd

2014 Ford Mustang GT- daily driver

Posts: 1154 | From: Sonoma County | Registered: May 2002  |  :
jph331
¯
Member # 665

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jph331  Ford pictures for jph331    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Good runs Kevin. Here is a video of your 8.44 pass.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBqJEOC-uSA

2stangs69-91
¯
Member # 1951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2stangs69-91  Ford pictures for 2stangs69-91    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
love it [worship] [worship]

--------------------
69 Mustang on hold
1991 LX hatch getting a make over
1994 F150 4X4 351
2006 Yamaha V-max 1200 Modded

KevinL
¯
Member # 2428

How do I get a copy of that video? BTW, whoever took it--Thanks!
jph331
¯
Member # 665

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jph331  Ford pictures for jph331    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The tape was recorded by John Tobias. I'll email you a copy after work today.
KevinL
¯
Member # 2428

Thanks JP
need-a-cage
¯
Member # 5415

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for need-a-cage  Ford pictures for need-a-cage    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Damn Kevin, that thing is screaming. I haven't seen you at Infineon lately so I was wondering if you were still racing. I parked my car this year so I have only been going out once a month and racing my bike.

I will be out next year with a new motor. I ordered a Dart based short-block and have already pulled my old motor. Hopefully I will see you out there next season.

Craig

--------------------
93 LX Hatch, Dart Big Bore 347, Edelbrock 6037's, Cobra intake, Tremec, S-trim, 60# injectors, Tweecer RT
10.84 @ 128.5mph

Posts: 606 | From: Santa Rosa | Registered: Mar 2005  |  :
phat50
¯
Member # 1998

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for phat50  Ford pictures for phat50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[worship]

--------------------
New toy coming soon!

Posts: 2860 | From: Richmond / Valley jo/ Petaluma | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
speeddhb
¯
Member # 6593

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for speeddhb  Ford pictures for speeddhb    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Just wanted to say thanks again for the "air" Kevin!!!! Stock Speed Density 87 went 13.26 @ 103!

--------------------
IT's fast, I have the 17sec time slip to prove it!

66fastback
¯
Member # 657

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66fastback  Ford pictures for 66fastback  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Nice job!

--------------------
http://www.mustangdoctor.com

Team SOLO
Chevy Powered Stang
Member # 722

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Team SOLO  Ford pictures for Team SOLO    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Kevin,

I just saw this thread today. Congrats on the back to back 8.40s!

Greg

Posts: 3887 | From: Santa Clara | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
shamis935
¯
Member # 6300

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for shamis935  Ford pictures for shamis935    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
thats really haulin' the mail! congrats

--------------------
'03 cobra

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com