Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » Which day is better...

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Which day is better...
WolfPack
¯
Member # 7177

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for WolfPack  Ford pictures for WolfPack    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hello every one. Im new here. Is there a big difference on Wednesday night to a TNT night (I think that mean Test and Tune) at Sac raceway? If so how much better is it?

--------------------
IF you are not runnig with us, you are running from us.
Wolf Pack Racing

StreakMatt
¯
Member # 6257

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for StreakMatt  Ford pictures for StreakMatt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yeah there is a difference and its called " The Rice Factor". LOL. Wednesday night is cool and all but you have to deal with all the Ricers and normally its packed. Now at TNT you may have to wait for the drag cars to run which can get annoying, but they are definitely better to watch than Rice. You will also get more runs in. I like to have a nice cool down between runs and i still get 6-8 runs in easily. Track is also prepped better at TNT.

--------------------
Custom Blue '88 GT: Garage Built= MM&FF January 2012 Cover and Feature. Tuned by Bob Kurgan

Black '03 Cobra: 2.9 Whipple Tuned by Bob Kurgan

Posts: 1198 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SmokinLX  Ford pictures for SmokinLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yeah and You can't run quicker than 12.0 on wednsday's either rite? I also like test and tune because usually You don't have to idle through the lanes and heat Your engine up.

--------------------
Dont claim power if ya cant mile per hour. 10 second AOD

folsomZ06
Member # 6964

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for folsomZ06  Ford pictures for folsomZ06    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Test & Tune is the way to go!
Usually not as crowded, you get more passes, faster cars to watch while your car cools down, cooler weather at night (although test & tune will be saturdays from 12pm-4pm starting in november).

twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for twisted54  Ford pictures for twisted54  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SmokinLX:
Yeah and You can't run quicker than 12.0 on wednsday's either rite? I also like test and tune because usually You don't have to idle through the lanes and heat Your engine up.

It's 11.50 now...which means you have to sandbag... [Big Grin]

--------------------
2013 Black on Black 5.0 with Boost N Things - CORN FED 🌽

WolfPack
¯
Member # 7177

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for WolfPack  Ford pictures for WolfPack    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have been there on some wednesdays and seen one car going 11.1-11.2 all night. they never said anything to him. [Confused]

--------------------
Wolf Pack Racing

03SVTPower
CAFords OG
Member # 518

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 03SVTPower  Ford pictures for 03SVTPower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
dont forget on TnT days the track is prep'ed better with VHT!!! [patriot]

On edit: just read streakmatts full post... [Embarrassed]

[ October 26, 2006, 02:59 AM: Message edited by: 03SVTPower ]

--------------------
2003 Redfire "AED" Cobra R.I.P

SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SmokinLX  Ford pictures for SmokinLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by WolfPack:
I have been there on some wednesdays and seen one car going 11.1-11.2 all night. they never said anything to him. [Confused]

Just depend's on who is running the show or what kind of mood their in. If someone crashes or the big man is in a bad mood He will shut You down with the quickness! Ask Me how I know [Embarrassed] . I would hate to drive an hour and a half and pony up the gas and entry money and be limited to what I could or could'nt run. Same thing goes with the cage and the firejacket someday's it's OK and other's they send You packing, I put a cage in so I don't have to worry about it anymore [burnout] .

--------------------
Dont claim power if ya cant mile per hour. 10 second AOD

PonyXpress
¯
Member # 7084

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PonyXpress  Ford pictures for PonyXpress    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SmokinLX:
quote:
Originally posted by WolfPack:

Just depend's on who is running the show or what kind of mood their in. If someone crashes or the big man is in a bad mood He will shut You down with the quickness! Ask Me how I know [Embarrassed] . I would hate to drive an hour and a half and pony up the gas and entry money and be limited to what I could or could'nt run. Same thing goes with the cage and the firejacket someday's it's OK and other's they send You packing, I put a cage in so I don't have to worry about it anymore [burnout] .
I agree. The big man was about to send me packing on a TNT night because I didn't have a jacket but he let me race after I told him I was new to the area. Every other time I've seen him, he barely pays attention. Again, I guess it depends on whose watching.

--------------------
89'GT Haulin' Ass
Nitrous Express ....My Heroes

Posts: 55 | From: Plumas Lake | Registered: Sep 2006  |  :
93PONY
Mr. Valve Events
Member # 60

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93PONY  Ford pictures for 93PONY        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You must also run a DOT tire on Wedsndays now....no more ET Drags.
Fully muffled cars as well.

They actually do prep the track on Weds now, but it still doesn't hook as good as a TNT when you have big-tire dragsters laying down the rubber in front of you.

Weds tend to be more 'tight' on the rules as well. Again, depends on who's running the show. TNT has a different crew running things.

--------------------
www.advancedenginedevelopment.com
SCT dealer
Dynotuning

(916)715-7569

Posts: 4265 | From: Fair Oaks, CA | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :
1320MASTER
¯
Member # 773

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1320MASTER  Ford pictures for 1320MASTER  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You can run ET drags only in lane 9 pro lane and you can only run to 11.50 on a wedsndays any quicker you will be booted out even if your car is legal past 11.499.I have not seen anybody run 11.1 to 11.2s on a wedsnday in over a year.

--------------------
EA Smog Tech/Smog Lic/ASE Master Tech
93 SSP Coupe 440ci sbf coming soon

Posts: 593 | From: Sacramento Calif | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
WolfPack
¯
Member # 7177

It was last year when I seen that car running 11.1, 11.2.

--------------------
Wolf Pack Racing

jaybquick
¯
Member # 4286

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jaybquick  Ford pictures for jaybquick  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
They all explained it well.

Here is a little write up I did on my site. Hope it helps.

http://www.centralvalleyspeed.com/forum/showthread.php?t=338

--------------------
91 Mustang GT ET: 11.92@115
66 Mustang ET: 11.43@119
01 Audi S4 ET: 10.8@131
05 Audi S4 ET: 11.9@116
08 Audi S5 ET: 11.9@118

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com