Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » Grudge Results

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Grudge Results
Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It was a pretty good night at the trak overall. It was nice seeing some people from the board out there.

On my last pass of the night I did get my second 10 second pass on the DR's which was in a bad ass race against a 129 MPH Cobra! [Big Grin] (Too much fun!)

The other good part of the night for me was on my second run on the night someone hit my car on the ass with a giant hammer, netting a 1.554 60ft on the DR's! That was amazing to me, didn't know it was possible! The bad part is, I missed 2nd on that run. [Frown]

The first run my clutch was WAY to tight from cruising last weekend and I burned the clutch for about the first 600ft of the track, (thought it was tires spinning until I smelled the clutch smoke [Roll Eyes] ). I had to back down my firewall adjuster almost a half inch! [Eek!] Even with the clutch slipping I still managed to run an 11.1 @ 125.8 which I was happy with. [Big Grin]

All in all a good night.

Hey Pat, anyone get any video of your friend and I racing?

--------------------
AED

1994 GT Bucket that will likely never run
1999 SLOLEEN Twin Turbo Coyote
2008 F250 580 RWHP 1129 RWTQ

Posts: 5990 | From: Cameron Park, Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
StreakMatt
¯
Member # 6257

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for StreakMatt  Ford pictures for StreakMatt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Yellow94GT:
[QB] It was a pretty good night at the trak overall. It was nice seeing some people from the board out there.

On my last pass of the night I did get my second 10 second pass on the DR's which was in a bad ass race against a 129 MPH Cobra! [Big Grin] (Too much fun!)

The other good part of the night for me was on my second run on the night someone hit my car on the ass with a giant hammer, netting a 1.554 60ft on the DR's! QUOTE]

Sounds like you had fun. The weather was great for racing too. I can't wait to get back out there. A 1.55 on DR's is just sick [Eek!] , if you didn't miss a gear that would have been your 10.8x easily. What was your E.T and MPH when you hit 10's again. And you beat the Cobra right? [Wink]

--------------------
Custom Blue '88 GT: Garage Built= MM&FF January 2012 Cover and Feature. Tuned by Bob Kurgan

Black '03 Cobra: 2.9 Whipple Tuned by Bob Kurgan

Posts: 1198 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
white50steve
¯
Member # 5887

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for white50steve  Ford pictures for white50steve    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i ran a 13.06 at 104 with a stock bottom end 302 naturally aspirated c4. first time out since i got it running
Posts: 161 | From: south san francisco | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'
Uncle Frank
Member # 895

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'  Ford pictures for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I am really mad that I didn't get to make it out there! Damn! That air was great! Oh well maybe next time!

--------------------
AKA Franky Freaking 5 liter

Advanced Engine Development
SCT dealer
Dynotuning
Engine building
916*275*8212

88 4runner on 42's

HEATD 65
¯
Member # 7090

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for HEATD 65  Ford pictures for HEATD 65    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
frank you missed it! the one two shift was amazing, we werent sure he even did it!! [Big Grin]
Posts: 20 | From: cameron park | Registered: Sep 2006  |  :
Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by streakmatt:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Yellow94GT:
[QB] It was a pretty good night at the trak overall. It was nice seeing some people from the board out there.

The other good part of the night for me was on my second run on the night someone hit my car on the ass with a giant hammer, netting a 1.554 60ft on the DR's! QUOTE]

Sounds like you had fun. The weather was great for racing too. I can't wait to get back out there. A 1.55 on DR's is just sick [Eek!] , if you didn't miss a gear that would have been your 10.8x easily. What was your E.T and MPH when you hit 10's again. And you beat the Cobra right? [Wink]

It was another 10.982, but this time it was at only 124.8, when the last time it was at 126.3 [burnout] The 60ft on last nights 10 second pass was a 1.589 the first 10 second DR pass was a 1.630 60ft, (previous best).

And yes, I beat the Cobra. It was a VERY close race. [patriot]

--------------------
AED

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

quote:
Originally posted by white50steve:
i ran a 13.06 at 104 with a stock bottom end 302 naturally aspirated c4. first time out since i got it running

Was your car the white hatch with the 5 lug conversion?

--------------------
AED

98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'
Uncle Frank
Member # 895

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'  Ford pictures for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by HEATD 65:
frank you missed it! the one two shift was amazing, we werent sure he even did it!! [Big Grin]

I wasn't interested in the 1-2 shift I was interested in taking advantage of good air and get another 11'second time slip! I already know Drews car is fast.

--------------------
AKA Franky Freaking 5 liter

Advanced Engine Development
SCT dealer
Dynotuning
Engine building
916*275*8212

88 4runner on 42's

white50steve
¯
Member # 5887

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for white50steve  Ford pictures for white50steve    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yeah that was my car. i was happy with the results but i was having problems with the oil pressure and overheting.
Screamn03
¯
Member # 5774

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Screamn03  Ford pictures for Screamn03  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Drew, you car is mean bro [patriot] ! Crisp and healthy sounding, sounds like a lot of work has gone into that car.

Last night was great for me, I finally got to run the combo I've been working on for a long time now, been in the works since April of 2005. I owe Patrick (Trixsnk) a huge thanks for letting me borrow his DRs.

I need a clutch, it was getting a little pissed off at me last night. Here's a thread I have going on over at ModularFords:
http://www.modularfords.com/forums/2003-2004-mustang-cobra/another-new-best-tonight-11-30-129-a-64265.html

--------------------
2003 Redfire Cobra
11.30 @ 129 on a 1.68 60'

Screamn03
¯
Member # 5774

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Screamn03  Ford pictures for Screamn03  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Oh ya, pics and vids, where are they at! I know some one has to have them (please?).

--------------------
2003 Redfire Cobra
11.30 @ 129 on a 1.68 60'

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

quote:
Originally posted by Screamn03:
Drew, you car is mean bro [patriot] ! Crisp and healthy sounding, sounds like a lot of work has gone into that car.

Last night was great for me, I finally got to run the combo I've been working on for a long time now, been in the works since April of 2005. I owe Patrick (Trixsnk) a huge thanks for letting me borrow his DRs.

I need a clutch, it was getting a little pissed off at me last night. Here's a thread I have going on over at ModularFords:
http://www.modularfords.com/forums/2003-2004-mustang-cobra/another-new-best-tonight-11-30-129-a-64265.html

I'm guessing your the guy who I raced on the last pass if the night? If so, that was a bad ass run [worship] Nothing like going door to door for the whole 1320! [Big Grin]

From the looks of things your car doesn't seem to lose anything from making back ot back runs. [burnout]

--------------------
AED

Screamn03
¯
Member # 5774

quote:
Originally posted by Yellow94GT:
quote:

I'm guessing your the guy who I raced on the last pass if the night? If so, that was a bad ass run [worship] Nothing like going door to door for the whole 1320! [Big Grin]

From the looks of things your car doesn't seem to lose anything from making back ot back runs. [burnout]

Yea that's me, that was a great run for sure, can't wait to do it again [Wink] ! I wish I had more time to hang out last night afterwards but I'm not that familer with the area and some of us were going to Round Table so I needed to follow them so we could get there before they closed.

That's what I was shooting for with this car, there's people that pulley the hell out of the Eaton but then it seems hard to make it run hard over and over again. I went head/cams route against all the 'online' advise and it seems to be paying off now. Still have a few more things I'd like to try to get it to launch a little harder and also to keep it cool, the IAT2 temps are still a little too hot IMO.

Where can I find more info about your car, my buddy has a '94 with a 331, AFR/Ed Curtis 185s, Comp XE273, RPM upper and lower, T56, ect, ect....he'd love to see your car and hear more about the combo.

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

quote:
quote:
quote:

Yea that's me, that was a great run for sure, can't wait to do it again [Wink] ! I wish I had more time to hang out last night afterwards but I'm not that familer with the area and some of us were going to Round Table so I needed to follow them so we could get there before they closed.

That's what I was shooting for with this car, there's people that pulley the hell out of the Eaton but then it seems hard to make it run hard over and over again. I went head/cams route against all the 'online' advise and it seems to be paying off now. Still have a few more things I'd like to try to get it to launch a little harder and also to keep it cool, the IAT2 temps are still a little too hot IMO.

Where can I find more info about your car, my buddy has a '94 with a 331, AFR/Ed Curtis 185s, Comp XE273, RPM upper and lower, T56, ect, ect....he'd love to see your car and hear more about the combo.

This should be about all the info he needs. Tell him to shoot me a PM if he has any questions.

http://www.fordmuscle.com/archives/2005/02/YellowFever/

[ October 01, 2006, 05:38 PM: Message edited by: Yellow94GT ]

--------------------
AED

white50steve
¯
Member # 5887

i also had a 1.77 sixty foot
93LX342
¯
Member # 1793

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93LX342  Ford pictures for 93LX342    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
anyone see a blue ac cobra replica racing there?

--------------------
06 f250 superduty with some mods.
95 f250
www.unlimitedracing.com

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

quote:
Originally posted by 93lx342:
anyone see a blue ac cobra replica racing there?

Hey Nate, didn't see any out there.

--------------------
AED

TRIXSNK
¯
Member # 2844

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRIXSNK  Ford pictures for TRIXSNK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
It was a pretty good night at the trak overall. It was nice seeing some people from the board out there.

The other good part of the night for me was on my second run on the night someone hit my car on the ass with a giant hammer, netting a 1.554 60ft on the DR's! That was amazing to me, didn't know it was possible! The bad part is, I missed 2nd on that run. [Frown]

The first run my clutch was WAY to tight from cruising last weekend and I burned the clutch for about the first 600ft of the track, (thought it was tires spinning until I smelled the clutch smoke [Roll Eyes] ). I had to back down my firewall adjuster almost a half inch! [Eek!] Even with the clutch slipping I still managed to run an 11.1 @ 125.8 which I was happy with. [Big Grin]

All in all a good night.

Hey Pat, anyone get any video of your friend and I racing?

Drew congrats on another 10!

That was a badazz race with you and Mike from start to finish.....to bad it wasn't even closer at the top end but great fun to watch.

Lots of good racing especially between my buds Z28 and Sean04's Saleen....margin of victory was really really close.

Lots of personal bests as well especially to you Mike....you really deserve that low 11 and that mph is just incredible [worship]

Can't wait for another night of racing like that....

--------------------
9 Sec EVO 9 is GONE!

New project in the works.......

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com