Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » Best way to launch a stock 5.0?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Best way to launch a stock 5.0?
deanh8
¯
Member # 6556

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for deanh8  Ford pictures for deanh8  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Next time I go to the track I want to hit 13's. (14.3 @ 100 with a 2.1 60foot is my PB)What can I do to hit 13's? Or even just be able to run low 14's consistently? It seems hit or miss with this car (I either do really good or really shitty), and I don't really have a set way of driving it.

I TRY to launch at 1500 and ride the clutch a little bit so it doesn't spin, that's how I get my best times and launches but I don't like doing that to the clutch all the time esp when it starts to smell after a few runs, then starts slipping (Its a KingCobra Clutch). I know that's stupid, but I can get out of the hole pretty quick if I do that.

Anyone have any tips on what I should do to hit low 14's constantly? Shift Points? Launch RPM ect.. ect? Car is pretty much stock now, just exhaust and little stuff here and there.

[ August 27, 2006, 06:46 AM: Message edited by: deanh8 ]

--------------------
'99 Regal GSX
'99 Regal GS
'91 Civic Hatch
'89 Mustang Notchback
www.BayAreaRacing.org

two-gun kid2
¯
Member # 5891

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for two-gun kid2  Ford pictures for two-gun kid2    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
dean, get some mt et street radials and dump the clutch at 3k and hold on.
Posts: 5566 | From: Hayward,Ca | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
deanh8
¯
Member # 6556

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for deanh8  Ford pictures for deanh8  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I got 245/50/16 g-Force sports on there now, I drop the pressure to about 28 on the streets. I just want to be more consistent on the streets with my current setup.

Not looking to get slicks anytime soon.

Maybe next time im out I will have someone jump in the car with me and tell me what I need to improve on.

[ August 27, 2006, 07:10 AM: Message edited by: deanh8 ]

--------------------
'99 Regal GSX
'99 Regal GS
'91 Civic Hatch
'89 Mustang Notchback
www.BayAreaRacing.org

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com