Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » Sacramento raceway Sucked last night.

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Sacramento raceway Sucked last night.
inferno03
¯
Member # 6519

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for inferno03  Ford pictures for inferno03    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Nobody ever told me that Sac doesn't prep their track on wednesdays, if i knew this i wouild have never gone. My friends and i couldn't get traction to save our lives. i usually do low 12's at infineon but yesterday at sac all i could get is low 13's. whats up with that shit. OK i vented, feel free to respond.

--------------------
There are two types of cars in this world, Ford and everything else. >:)

TRIXSNK
¯
Member # 2844

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRIXSNK  Ford pictures for TRIXSNK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Wed nights are hardly ever prepped [Frown]

Mainly because of all the street cars on regular radials .....not to mention all the imports that usually go out [Roll Eyes]

Hate to say it but it's kind of a given that Wed are the least likely for traction......but it's cheap to get it and run [burnout]

--------------------
9 Sec EVO 9 is GONE!

New project in the works.......

SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SmokinLX  Ford pictures for SmokinLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You have to go on saturday's. It cost's 50 buck's but it's well worth it IMHO. You get alot of run's in on saturday and sometimes You can run as many times as You want cause there is nobody in the staging lanes. You get rid of all the first timer's pulling through the waterbox with street tires and rice by going on saturday and paying the few extra buck's so it's money well spent.

--------------------
Dont claim power if ya cant mile per hour. 10 second AOD

twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for twisted54  Ford pictures for twisted54  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SmokinLX:
You have to go on saturday's. It cost's 50 buck's but it's well worth it IMHO. You get alot of run's in on saturday and sometimes You can run as many times as You want cause there is nobody in the staging lanes. You get rid of all the first timer's pulling through the waterbox with street tires and rice by going on saturday and paying the few extra buck's so it's money well spent.

Friday night TNTs for now...last friday it was hot as hell but you coulda got 25 times if you wanted. At times there was 10 minutes between runs cause nobody was at the line...

[ June 29, 2006, 12:54 PM: Message edited by: twisted54 ]

--------------------
2013 Black on Black 5.0 with Boost N Things - CORN FED 🌽

CobraTerritory
¯
Member # 6476

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CobraTerritory  Ford pictures for CobraTerritory  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Pablo why did you leave us [Confused]

--------------------
Advanced Auto Built
5.0 Mustang & Super Fords October 2013 Cover Car
1 Of 0 Bright Atlantic Blue Terminator

Posts: 1546 | From: Oakland, CA | Registered: Feb 2006  |  :
hallbros
¯
Member # 5929

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hallbros  Ford pictures for hallbros    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
They just ground the track smooth this week(see their website) so you were running on an absolutely green track with no rubber on it.
andyman_2k01
CAFords OG
Member # 1448

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for andyman_2k01  Ford pictures for andyman_2k01    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i had a fun time even though sometimes it felt like i was on ice skates going down the track. my best of the night was a 13.08 at 108mph with a 2.08 60ft. thanks for the tires and rims SmokinLx. It was a night and day difference on them. I think I need you to teach me how to do a proper burnout though, I couldn't get it down so all i did all night was do a "rolling dump the clutch action" before i ran.

--------------------
-00 Mustang GT (R Clone)
-99 Saleen Convert. #231-SOLD

Posts: 1503 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  :
Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
well you can't expect them to prep the track as well on a wed compared to a TNT. Look what they are charging you.

For what its worth:

One Saturday I went to SAC and ran 13.0X @ 102 w/ 1.7X 60fts. Four days later I went to Sears and in similar temperatures I ran 13.2X @ 100 w/ 1.7x 60fts. Three days later I went back to SAC for TNT and ran 13.0X @ 102 w/ 1.7X 60fts...
I never touched a thing that week.

Sac has always been 2 tenths faster for me. Even years ago when I used to race my previous car.

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for twisted54  Ford pictures for twisted54  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Luke87GT:
well you can't expect them to prep the track as well on a wed compared to a TNT. Look what they are charging you.

For what its worth:

One Saturday I went to SAC and ran 13.0X @ 102 w/ 1.7X 60fts. Four days later I went to Sears and in similar temperatures I ran 13.2X @ 100 w/ 1.7x 60fts. Three days later I went back to SAC for TNT and ran 13.0X @ 102 w/ 1.7X 60fts...

Sac has always been 2 tenths faster for me. Even years ago when I used to race my previous car.

Is it from the possible head wind vs. tail wind you can get at Sac?

--------------------
2013 Black on Black 5.0 with Boost N Things - CORN FED 🌽

TRIXSNK
¯
Member # 2844

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRIXSNK  Ford pictures for TRIXSNK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by twisted54:
quote:

For what its worth:

.....or the nasty headwind at Sears [Big Grin]

--------------------
9 Sec EVO 9 is GONE!

New project in the works.......

andyman_2k01
CAFords OG
Member # 1448

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for andyman_2k01  Ford pictures for andyman_2k01    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i've gone to sears many times, and sac just 2 times. i'm already in favor of sac, even though yesterday it did seem like i was skating on ice the first half of the day, but the fact that i can get more runs and it is cheaper is worth it to me more than the over played sears point (code name "infineon raceway"). each track is going to be different, case in point.

--------------------
-00 Mustang GT (R Clone)

TheHorseWhisperer
Member # 6503

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheHorseWhisperer  Ford pictures for TheHorseWhisperer    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I was the guy with the blue mach it was good to meet a lot of you guys maybe one day ill drag my ass up to infineon to see all you bay guys.
andyman_2k01
CAFords OG
Member # 1448

horsewhisperer, you car was damn clean man. good luck with your times and hitting what you want. there was tons of good people out there with lots of nice cars.

IMHO=friendly crowds=better time

--------------------
-00 Mustang GT (R Clone)

inferno03
¯
Member # 6519

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for inferno03  Ford pictures for inferno03    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by CobraTerritory:
Pablo why did you leave us [Confused]

dude i tried calling you several times and i couldn't find you after our "last run". that and i had to go home to feed my animals.

--------------------
There are two types of cars in this world, Ford and everything else. >:)

03SVT
¯
Member # 5987

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 03SVT  Ford pictures for 03SVT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
TNT's at Sac on Fridays nights are the best. Nobody is ever there. I went there 2 weeks ago prep for the track was great. Hooked everytime.Dont waste your money and time going on Wednesday nights.

--------------------
03 Cobra (wife), 06 G35 Coupe (sold), 07 TBSS (mistress), 07 F150 Harley Davidson (girlfriend) 08 BMW M5 (side chick),

CobraTerritory
¯
Member # 6476

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CobraTerritory  Ford pictures for CobraTerritory  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by TheHorseWhisperer:
I was the guy with the blue mach it was good to meet a lot of you guys maybe one day ill drag my ass up to infineon to see all you bay guys.

nice talking to you bro. i was the Blue KB GT.

[ June 29, 2006, 10:29 PM: Message edited by: CobraTerritory ]

--------------------
Advanced Auto Built
5.0 Mustang & Super Fords October 2013 Cover Car
1 Of 0 Bright Atlantic Blue Terminator

Posts: 1546 | From: Oakland, CA | Registered: Feb 2006  |  :
Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by twisted54:
quote:

For what its worth:

I'm sure it doesn't help [Wink]

[ June 30, 2006, 12:22 AM: Message edited by: Luke87GT ]

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com