Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » Might be taking the snake to the track for the 1st time.

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Might be taking the snake to the track for the 1st time.
klonoa
¯
Member # 1771

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for klonoa  Ford pictures for klonoa    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ANy thing I should be aware of? Also, will I be needing a helmet? Dyno numbers are in my sig. Also, keep in mind i've never ran my car at the track, so i'll probly be running mid 15's [Big Grin] BTW, i will be running nitto dr's.

--------------------
2003 Mustang Cobra - 454 rwhp - 470rwtq
Ex. 2001 vortech'ed v6.

Posts: 938 | From: Richmond, Cali. | Registered: Sep 2002  |  :
TRIXSNK
¯
Member # 2844

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRIXSNK  Ford pictures for TRIXSNK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yes on the helmet.

Main thing with the IRS Cobras is to stay away from wheel hop [Mad] [Frown] just ask Rick [Razz]

If it's your first time then just take it easy don't try to run your best time on your first run.

Lower the tire pressure to about 18psi and adjust from there.

Drive around the water box and back into it and completely get the DR's wet roll forward some outta the box and do a medium burnout.

Get to the line and prestage and stage.

Get it to about 3500rpm and slip the clutch some.

If it doesn't hop keep your foot in it...and any sign of hop again get outta of it.

The rest is just shiftin quick but not too fast to miss gears especially 3rd in that car.

Best of luck to ya [patriot]

HAVE FUN [Big Grin]

--------------------
9 Sec EVO 9 is GONE!

New project in the works.......

bullitt4110
¯
Member # 6586

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bullitt4110  Ford pictures for bullitt4110    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yes on the helmet for sure. Dont be disappoited with your times the first time out if you dont get the good times. Just have fun and dont break anything.

--------------------
-2001 C5 Z06
-SOLD: Whippled 03 Cobra
-SOLD: Vortech'd 01 Bullitt #4110

klonoa
¯
Member # 1771

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for klonoa  Ford pictures for klonoa    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Now where do I get a helmet?

--------------------
2003 Mustang Cobra - 454 rwhp - 470rwtq
Ex. 2001 vortech'ed v6.

Posts: 938 | From: Richmond, Cali. | Registered: Sep 2002  |  :
03SVTPower
CAFords OG
Member # 518

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 03SVTPower  Ford pictures for 03SVTPower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I see a 12.8 @ 113-114mph'ish in your future [Cool] [burnout]

--------------------
2003 Redfire "AED" Cobra R.I.P

F8LPONY
NORCAL-LS1
Member # 11

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for F8LPONY  Ford pictures for F8LPONY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If you are at Sac raceway and need advice on track ettiqutte I'll be there on Wed. in a blue Ext.Cab Z71 [Smile]

Just take your time and get to know the proper staging procedures. Then worry about going fast. If you start to spin durring yoru run or the car gets a lil squirelly JUST LIFT! I cannot stress that enough. Do not try correcting over and over, just lifts off the gas in a controlled way and abort the run. Too many idiots try to act cool and hold the run (which will be crap anyway) and end up looking like fools when they lose it.

--------------------
01' GMC ExtCab Z71
Old time = 12.33@110mph 1.85 60' New combo in progress.

Posts: 1292 | From: Sacramento, CA. | Registered: Aug 2000  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com