Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » Norcal Shootout

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Norcal Shootout
Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Just wanted to give some props to all those from out site who attended yesterdays event. I think we had a pretty good showing. [burnout]

I also wanted to say thank you to all the Norcal LS1-LT1 members and staff for puting on this event. I honestly think that was one of the best events I've ever attended. [patriot]

So what did everyone do? I didn't get a chance to watch to much racing. To busy BS'ing with cars and friends. I ran a new best on the DR's and FINALLY got my 125 MPH pass. [Big Grin] It was in the first round of eliminations and was a 11.23 @ 125.06 [dance] After that I was asked by track officials to slow it down, due to lack of a cage [Big Grin] The rest of my runs were in the 11.6 to 11.8 range at around 100 MPH. I also made it all the way to the finals were I red lit and lost on a -.010 light [Mad] Oh well, first place car, second place driver I guess [Roll Eyes]

Again, it was good to see everyone and major thank you to the Norcal crew [patriot]

[ May 08, 2006, 10:08 PM: Message edited by: Yellow94GT ]

--------------------
AED

1994 GT Bucket that will likely never run
1999 SLOLEEN Twin Turbo Coyote
2008 F250 580 RWHP 1129 RWTQ

Posts: 5990 | From: Cameron Park, Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SmokinLX  Ford pictures for SmokinLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Yellow94GT:
Just wanted to give some props to all those from out site who attended yesterdays event. I think we had a pretty good showing. [burnout]

I also wanted to say thank you to all the Norcal LS1-LT1 members and staff for puting on this event. I honestly think that was one of the best events I've ever attended. [patriot]

So what did everyone do? I didn't get a chance to watch to much racing. To busy BS'ing with cars and friends. I ran a new best on the DR's and FINALLY got my 125 MPH pass. [Big Grin] It was in the first round of eliminations and was a 11.23 @ 125.06 [dance] After that I got a was asked by track officials to slow it down, due to lack of a cage [Big Grin] The rest of my runs were in the 11.6 to 11.8 range at around 100 MPH. I also made it all the way to the finals were I red lit and lost on a -.010 light [Mad] Oh well, first place car, second place driver I guess [Roll Eyes]

Again, it was good to see everyone and major thank you to the Norcal crew [patriot]

Nor Cal did a great job! So thank's again guy's. They said they will be having another event in august so I am looking forward to that one also. I got runner up in the stockblock power adder class and a mustang beat Me so I don't know how many chevy's placed in the top two? They were being hella strict about tech and they warned Me for going under the 11.5 mark also.

--------------------
Dont claim power if ya cant mile per hour. 10 second AOD

twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for twisted54  Ford pictures for twisted54  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I too had a good time even though I sucked and redlite by -.001 in the first round, hehe...it was much more organized then last years norcal shootout.

--------------------
2013 Black on Black 5.0 with Boost N Things - CORN FED 🌽

eljefe
¯
Member # 1753

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for eljefe  Ford pictures for eljefe  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
man sounds like you guys had fun, maybe next year i'll have a car worth bringing out

--------------------
1969 mustang coupe - the project
1996 mystic cobra - 13.64@105 - sold :(
2007 yaris - daily driver

Posts: 737 | From: holiday in rancho cambodia | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by eljefe:
man sounds like you guys had fun, maybe next year i'll have a car worth bringing out

Better get wrenchin on that old school stang [Big Grin]

--------------------
AED

eljefe
¯
Member # 1753

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for eljefe  Ford pictures for eljefe  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
oh i am, plus the cobra is getting some stuff...hehe

--------------------
1969 mustang coupe - the project
1996 mystic cobra - 13.64@105 - sold :(
2007 yaris - daily driver

Posts: 737 | From: holiday in rancho cambodia | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
aram
¯
Member # 3638

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for aram  Ford pictures for aram    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I was the guy in the red LS1 RX7 racing in Mod stock I think against you Yellow94GT. I got bumped up out of the stock motor class because of the hybrid weight thing. There was some good racing and I was happy to get a new best 10.6 @ 129 1.5 60ft on nitrous.

--------------------
Aram
-----
1991 RX7 - 2000 LS1/4L60E
1992 5.0/T5 Notch - Bone Stock

Posts: 42 | From: santa clara | Registered: Oct 2003  |  :
CeeJay
¯
Member # 6766

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CeeJay  Ford pictures for CeeJay    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I was a spectator. Nice rx7 with the ls1 swap that is becoming more popular nowdays. I have a clean 72 240z with a bad motor that I'm looking to build up and I may just swap in an ls1. Being smog exempt is nice. And its nice and light.
Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

quote:
Originally posted by aram:
I was the guy in the red LS1 RX7 racing in Mod stock I think against you Yellow94GT. I got bumped up out of the stock motor class because of the hybrid weight thing. There was some good racing and I was happy to get a new best 10.6 @ 129 1.5 60ft on nitrous.

Yep, that was me. Congrads on the new best and the win in MS. Not that I could have made it any easier on you [Wink]

--------------------
AED

aram
¯
Member # 3638

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for aram  Ford pictures for aram    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

Yep, that was me. Congrads on the new best and the win in MS. Not that I could have made it any easier on you [Wink]
Yeah, I wasn't really planning on winning MS with a outgunned car for the class but a few good runs and some lucky red lights by the opponent never hurt.

Nice mustang though, it looks like it had a lot of sweat, blood and money to get the car that clean.

--------------------
Aram
-----

98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'
Uncle Frank
Member # 895

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'  Ford pictures for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:

Yeah, I wasn't really planning on winning MS with a outgunned car for the class but a few good runs and some lucky red lights by the opponent never hurt.

Nice mustang though, it looks like it had a lot of sweat, blood and money to get the car that clean.

Consistancy can win a lot of races. I was the guy that raced you in the first round. I should have beat you but I missed a gear. My reaction and my 60ft. was enough to beat you but Like a dumbass I missed 3rd gear and let you scoot past me enough to win the race.

Good job though on the win!

--------------------
AKA Franky Freaking 5 liter

Advanced Engine Development
SCT dealer
Dynotuning
Engine building
916*275*8212

88 4runner on 42's

TRIXSNK
¯
Member # 2844

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRIXSNK  Ford pictures for TRIXSNK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Oh well, first place car, second place driver I guess [Roll Eyes]

[Eek!] Coming from you Drew [Eek!]

Congrats to all that attended! [patriot]

Looked/sounded like a good time out there with a lot of nice cars.

Definitely sounded more organized than the previous.

I just miss being out there with you guys b.s.ing and just plain havin some fun with our toys [Frown]

--------------------
9 Sec EVO 9 is GONE!

New project in the works.......

aram
¯
Member # 3638

quote:
Originally posted by 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX':
quote:
quote:
quote:

Consistancy can win a lot of races. I was the guy that raced you in the first round. I should have beat you but I missed a gear. My reaction and my 60ft. was enough to beat you but Like a dumbass I missed 3rd gear and let you scoot past me enough to win the race.

Your car was a lot faster than I thought it would be! I figured in that race I had a lot faster car and tried just not to redlight.. but I really really slept on that one! The converter in the car wouldnt make the damn thing move off the line unless I had the bottle on.. which didn't help in a all motor class. [Frown]

There were a lot of really clean and fast cars out there.. hopefully the sept shootout is as much fun as this one was.

--------------------
Aram
-----

98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'
Uncle Frank
Member # 895

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'  Ford pictures for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX':
quote:
quote:
quote:

Your car was a lot faster than I thought it would be! I figured in that race I had a lot faster car and tried just not to redlight.. but I really really slept on that one! The converter in the car wouldnt make the damn thing move off the line unless I had the bottle on.. which didn't help in a all motor class. [Frown]

There were a lot of really clean and fast cars out there.. hopefully the sept shootout is as much fun as this one was.

Yeah I was wondering why you were sleeping on that light. I had like a 1.6 60 on that run and I think you had a 1.7 maybe 1.8. My reaction was like a .085 to your .2xx. I was pissed that I missed that gear!! Yeah hopefully the september Event is as good or maybe even better!

--------------------

SCT dealer
Dynotuning
Engine building
916*275*8212

88 4runner on 42's

WHYT LIE
¯
Member # 5925

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for WHYT LIE  Ford pictures for WHYT LIE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Glad everyone had fun, and thanks to ALL the racers and spectators who made it out. Without you there wouldn't BE an event.

Also, thanks for the remarks on this one being more fun and more organized/well run.

I'd have to say that is probably 75% because we had the track all to ourselves, so there were no other overlapping/conflicting events and 25% of me and the Norcal staff learning what to do. I had WAY more volunteers this year and I think that helped a lot.

Hopefully the events in the future get better and are even MORE well run.

Any tips or ideas on HOW to make the event more fun?

--------------------
WHYT LIE
'96 Camaro Z-28 (Artic White) hardtop 6-spd
10.78 @ 129mph 1.51 60ft

ZO SIC
'02 Corvette Z06 (Quicksilver)
11.88 @ 121.6mph 1.97 60ft

Posts: 113 | From: Lincoln, CA | Registered: Aug 2005  |  :
Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

quote:
Originally posted by TRIXSNK:
quote:

I just miss being out there with you guys b.s.ing and just plain havin some fun with our toys [Frown]

Yeah, coughing up the win in MS by red lighting by .010 hurts.

You should come out to the next event. If not to race, just to come hang out [patriot]

--------------------
AED

98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'
Uncle Frank
Member # 895

quote:
Originally posted by WHYT LIE:
Glad everyone had fun, and thanks to ALL the racers and spectators who made it out. Without you there wouldn't BE an event.

Also, thanks for the remarks on this one being more fun and more organized/well run.

I'd have to say that is probably 75% because we had the track all to ourselves, so there were no other overlapping/conflicting events and 25% of me and the Norcal staff learning what to do. I had WAY more volunteers this year and I think that helped a lot.

Hopefully the events in the future get better and are even MORE well run.

Any tips or ideas on HOW to make the event more fun?

Have a Tow Truck ready to pick Maro or LS1 vehicals off the track. Like that Freaking Silver RX7 in the middle of the track. That or invest in a good jack hahhaa.

Just playing man it could have easily been the other way around.

It was a good even though. Some people liked the anoucer but after about 5 or 10 mins somebody should have taken the microphone from him.

All in all very satisfied racer here! [burnout] [patriot]

--------------------

SCT dealer
Dynotuning
Engine building
916*275*8212

88 4runner on 42's

Cal-trans Cadillac
Member # 6791

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cal-trans Cadillac  Ford pictures for Cal-trans Cadillac    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I thought that yellow94GT would be in the 10's at the shoot out, being a moderator of the drag racing form and all.

--------------------
99 silverado ext. stock 6.0 w/ bolts on, dyno tune by synergy
330 hp and 370 ft lbs 14.078 @ 91

2stangs69-91
¯
Member # 1951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2stangs69-91  Ford pictures for 2stangs69-91    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[Roll Eyes] is this the only reason you signed up

--------------------
69 Mustang on hold
1991 LX hatch getting a make over
1994 F150 4X4 351
2006 Yamaha V-max 1200 Modded

jayl
¯
Member # 185

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jayl  Ford pictures for jayl    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 6.0caddy:
I thought that yellow94GT would be in the 10's at the shoot out, being a moderator of the drag racing form and all.

what do you run on radials?

--------------------
Facebook.com/TeamTemporary
8.5's TTFBitch!

Cal-trans Cadillac
Member # 6791

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cal-trans Cadillac  Ford pictures for Cal-trans Cadillac    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yep
aram
¯
Member # 3638

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by TRIXSNK:
quote:

Yeah, coughing up the win in MS by red lighting by .010 hurts.

You should come out to the next event. If not to race, just to come hang out [patriot]

The nice thing about racing heads up is there's more than just making an ET. [Smile]

--------------------
Aram
-----

98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'
Uncle Frank
Member # 895

quote:
Originally posted by 6.0caddy:
yep

Dirty Mexican! [patriot]

--------------------

SCT dealer
Dynotuning
Engine building
916*275*8212

88 4runner on 42's

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com