Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » Sac vs Infineon Which is the faster track these days?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Sac vs Infineon Which is the faster track these days?
Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have not been to Sears since '98. Between the headwind, poor visibility at sunset, rolling back once staged, and 400+ cars on any given Wed that I experienced back then, I was so turned off that I did not even consider going there in the past 8 years.

I am curious as to what people think of it now?

I have heard that they did some remodeling there a few years back. I wanted to ask the guys that have recentally raced both at Sac and Infineon how they rank the two tracks in terms of 60ft/et/mph.

Worth trying Infineon, or does it still not compare to Sac?

Infineon is only a 30 min drive from my place while Sac takes about 1hr 15min or so.

Thoughts?

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
forced331
¯
Member # 1270

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for forced331  Ford pictures for forced331    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Infinion has improved alot since 1998. I don't know whats faster anymore. Your car is pretty consistant, try Infinion and let us know which is faster. The strip hooks up alot better than it ever did before. With the amount of people there, I would recommend to race in Comp Rod because of the small line and your running before the imports and street class. Some of the guys running street tires will spread water on the starting line. With Comp Rod your running after the Jackpot class which cleans up the track. Give it a shot! [patriot]

[ April 11, 2006, 12:28 PM: Message edited by: forced331 ]

--------------------
1992 Ford Mustang LX (Original Owner)"Titanium Frost" 331stroker S-Trim, 5spd

2014 Ford Mustang GT- daily driver

Posts: 1154 | From: Sonoma County | Registered: May 2002  |  :
twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for twisted54  Ford pictures for twisted54  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
They were both pretty much the same for me...

11.53 @116 at Infineon
11.56 @116 at Sac

With no wind on either day.

--------------------
2013 Black on Black 5.0 with Boost N Things - CORN FED 🌽

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by twisted54:
11.53 @116 at Infineon
11.56 @116 at Sac

PROOF THAT SEARS POINT IS FASTER [Razz]

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

putter
¯
Member # 4253

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for putter  Ford pictures for putter    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
wrong section sorry.

[ April 23, 2006, 08:39 PM: Message edited by: putter ]

--------------------
KEEP THE SHIT REAL!
Is someone posting a bunch of B/S and lies? PM me Ill bust em out for ya!
Sellers Beware WayfastYtee "BAD TRADER"

Posts: 626 | From: sacramento | Registered: Mar 2004  |  :
SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SmokinLX  Ford pictures for SmokinLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by putter:
REAL RACING HAPPENS ON THE STREET WHEN THERE IS TONS OF OTHER DRIVERS AROUND WHO ARENT RACING AND THE ONLY WAY TO WIN IS BY CUTTING OTHERS OFF AND PASSING ON THE SHOULDER SO YOUR ARROGANT REPLIES ON HOW FAST YOUR CARS ARE AT A RACE WAY ARE USELESS SEE ME ON THE STREET AND ID MAKE YOU WISH YOU HAD NOT TOLD ALL YOUR FRIENDS HOW FAST YOUR SLOW ASS CAR WAS AT THE RACE WAY

I hope You get thrown in jail soon before You end up killing innocent people who aer'nt involved in Your passing on the shoulder races You idiot. [Mad] Let Me guess You have a 10 second car cause You beat some ricer who claim's He ran a low 11 rite? The reason people like You don't go to the track is because then everyone will know how slow Your car really is.

--------------------
Dont claim power if ya cant mile per hour. 10 second AOD

dynoguy
¯
Member # 6457

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for dynoguy  Ford pictures for dynoguy  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I agree with you Smokin LX. With jerks like that we can only hope they kill themselves or get jailed before they take out somebodies family. Then again it could just be a 14 year old punk talkin smack. Either way he gets my nod for jackass-of-the-week!

--------------------
Chris
BRG Racing/Dyno
(925)680-2560
chris@brgracing.com
www.brgracing.com

Mfracing
¯
Member # 4034

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mfracing  Ford pictures for Mfracing    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SmokinLX:
quote:
Originally posted by putter:
REAL RACING HAPPENS ON THE STREET WHEN THERE IS TONS OF OTHER DRIVERS AROUND WHO ARENT RACING AND THE ONLY WAY TO WIN IS BY CUTTING OTHERS OFF AND PASSING ON THE SHOULDER SO YOUR ARROGANT REPLIES ON HOW FAST YOUR CARS ARE AT A RACE WAY ARE USELESS SEE ME ON THE STREET AND ID MAKE YOU WISH YOU HAD NOT TOLD ALL YOUR FRIENDS HOW FAST YOUR SLOW ASS CAR WAS AT THE RACE WAY

I hope You get thrown in jail soon before You end up killing innocent people who aer'nt involved in Your passing on the shoulder races You idiot. [Mad] Let Me guess You have a 10 second car cause You beat some ricer who claim's He ran a low 11 rite? The reason people like You don't go to the track is because then everyone will know how slow Your car really is.
[Eek!] what a fucking idiot!

--------------------
302hp/361tq
12.6e/t@105mph
Amazon Tuning Solutions
Mel and Son's Mufflers
Super Six Motorsports
Mizzi's Automotive
Main Machine

twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for twisted54  Ford pictures for twisted54  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ignore him and he'll go away...

--------------------
2013 Black on Black 5.0 with Boost N Things - CORN FED 🌽

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sac Raceway

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SmokinLX  Ford pictures for SmokinLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by twisted54:
Ignore him and he'll go away...

[patriot] My vote is for Sac.

--------------------
Dont claim power if ya cant mile per hour. 10 second AOD

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com